Jump to topic:

Low Carb vs. High Carb diets

nikidavis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 11:18:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you think? How to you eat? What is your typical ratio of Carbs/Protein/Fats?

I personally eat a High Carbohydrate diet, and I feel absolutely fantastic. I think I have actually gained some muscle.
One day I saw a man walking down the street, and he walked up to me and said, "Did you know that humans are the only species who tear down trees to make paper, and then write 'save the trees!' on them." I was amazed, then everyone else looked at him and glared with annoyance. I was the only one that actually cared, about the trees, about the man, about the world.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 3:41:13 PM
At 6/13/2014 11:18:58 AM, nikidavis wrote:
What do you think? How to you eat? What is your typical ratio of Carbs/Protein/Fats?

I personally eat a High Carbohydrate diet, and I feel absolutely fantastic. I think I have actually gained some muscle.

What percentage of your calories come from carbs?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 5:37:56 PM
To be specific. I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. 1/3 gram if fat for every pound of lean body mass and the rest in carbs. Which typically does end up being around the 40/40/20 traditional reccomendation mark.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 11:21:54 PM
At 8/16/2014 5:37:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
To be specific. I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. 1/3 gram if fat for every pound of lean body mass and the rest in carbs. Which typically does end up being around the 40/40/20 traditional reccomendation mark.

I hope a percentage of your diet is coming from indigestible carbohydrate, as well; if not, your diet could wreak havoc on your digestive tract. I had to learn that the hard way.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 11:26:56 PM
At 8/26/2014 11:21:54 PM, s-anthony wrote:

I hope a percentage of your diet is coming from indigestible carbohydrate, as well; if not, your diet could wreak havoc on your digestive tract. I had to learn that the hard way.

I'll look into that. Thanks for the advice.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 11:53:26 PM
At 8/26/2014 11:26:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/26/2014 11:21:54 PM, s-anthony wrote:

I'll look into that. Thanks for the advice.

Fiber is not only beneficial for its laxative effects but, also, in promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria in the large intestine. In turn, these bacteria digest through fermentation soluble fibers, creating short-chain saturated fatty acids needed in inhibiting the uptake of undesirable amounts of cholesterol, aiding in the absorption of vital nutrients, and keeping serum glucose levels steady.
Agustink21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 4:00:32 PM
At 6/13/2014 11:18:58 AM, nikidavis wrote:

If you wanna know everything about diet and food news, enter to this page: http://abastomedia.com...
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:25:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have tried both. I experienced a greater weight loss with low carb, but this was due not to the absence or abysmal number of carbohydrates, but the general removal of caloric consumption. Ever since, I have been maintaing my weight with average to high carbohydrate count, but the quality of the carbohydrate content is what I have been monitoring. No sugar from soda, candy, etc... An abundance of fiber from foods such as yams, and berries are ideal.