Sleep Anxiety Questions

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:55:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello everyone, I've got a question -

Everytime I try to go to sleep, I end up feeling like I'm having a heart attack.

A pressure feels like it builds in my chest area and then I start twitching or jumping up because I feel like my heart starts beating way too fast.

I've looked it up and people say it's either heart palpitations, anxiety, or panic attacks that come from the anxiety.

On the flip side, other people are saying it's simply the raw energy from the heart chakra that builds up right before astral projection. I've been working on my ability to do that, so it could just be that as well.

Either way, everytime I try to go to sleep I end up laying in bed thinking that my heart is beating wayyy too fast and it leaves me in a state of panic that is anything but conducive for sleeping.

I tend to eat about an hour before bed if that makes any difference. I've also been told as a kid that I had a heart murmur. Just wondering if anyone on here would know about this sort of thing?

Any advice?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Tori_shotto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 7:26:23 PM
At 7/21/2014 4:55:21 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Everytime I try to go to sleep, I end up feeling like I'm having a heart attack.

A pressure feels like it builds in my chest area and then I start twitching or jumping up because I feel like my heart starts beating way too fast.

I've looked it up and people say it's either heart palpitations, anxiety, or panic attacks that come from the anxiety.

On the flip side, other people are saying it's simply the raw energy from the heart chakra that builds up right before astral projection. I've been working on my ability to do that, so it could just be that as well.

Either way, everytime I try to go to sleep I end up laying in bed thinking that my heart is beating wayyy too fast and it leaves me in a state of panic that is anything but conducive for sleeping.

I tend to eat about an hour before bed if that makes any difference. I've also been told as a kid that I had a heart murmur. Just wondering if anyone on here would know about this sort of thing?

Any advice?

Hey there,

well I know absolutely nothing about astral projection lol but I do know a little bit about weird heart feelings!!

I have something similar that happens (it is not exclusively when I lay down to go to sleep, but it does happen frequently then). Mine feels like an unusual pressure, the urge to cough, a thump, and then my heart races - all in sequence very quickly.

I never received an answer from doctors as to what it could be, but from research I did it seems like it could be a type of arrhythmia. Maybe thats whats causing your weird feelings? Despite my lack of success with the doctors, you might wana go get checked out, you might have better luck!!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 12:15:33 AM
At 7/21/2014 4:55:21 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Any advice?

It could be a few things. It could be a heart condition--A-fib, or something like WPW.

The most likely (but not certain) answer would be anxiety or food-related palpitations, given the circumstances. I'd suggest trying to eat WELL before bed, and cut out all caffeine and alcohol for at least one night, and see if that changes things.

It's also worth doing some deep breathing exercises when you feel it coming on--and it might be worth (though it's hard to do to yourself when you feel that way) checking your own pulse.

If you can't find a simple solution, it's probably doctor time--you don't want it to be one of those in in a million big deal-type things, particularly if you have a heart murmur.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!