Jump to topic:

Aspartame and Population Reduction

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 10:54:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Aspartame is a dangerous chemical that has many terrible side effects including infertility. It is a very clever form of population control because most people who are on diets (aspartame is found in diet food and drink) are women. Therefore the primary consumers of aspartame.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 10:56:40 PM
Additional info: http://www.rense.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 10:58:43 PM
I love diet cola! It's the only diet soda I like lol and contrary to popular belief, I drink it because I genuinely prefer the taste to regular cola - not for diet reasons. However, I keep hearing all of these bad things about soda so I think I'm going to give it up all-together. I don't necessarily believe that there's a conspiracy to make women infertile -- I just think it's a calorie-free alternative and happens to appeal more to women. I'm sure if there was another alternative with less harmful results, it would be marketed for profit.
President of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2010 11:04:53 PM
At 3/20/2010 10:54:49 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Aspartame is a dangerous chemical that has many terrible side effects including infertility. It is a very clever form of population control because most people who are on diets (aspartame is found in diet food and drink) are women. Therefore the primary consumers of aspartame.

Well, we all die eventually. The global conspiracy can deal with my ancestors while I live the rest of my days in peace. And, if they happen to take over the world before my death, they can deal with my gun.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 6:35:16 AM
A long shot of Infertility vs. A heart attack and obesity

I think I'll stick to diet.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 8:11:37 AM
At 3/21/2010 6:35:16 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Out of curiositiy the other day I picked up some artificial sweetner and compared it to some suger, the artificial stuff contained something 96% of the calories of real sugar, plus it was laced with dangerous chemicals.

I think I'll stick with real sugar.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 11:18:50 AM
http://www.media-awareness.ca...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 5:47:11 AM

I'm sorry but I really cannot bear to watch this. Its investigative journalists are a failed British children's TV personality and a frickin ex-wrestler.
cult-logic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 5:07:31 PM
At 3/21/2010 8:11:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/21/2010 6:35:16 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Out of curiositiy the other day I picked up some artificial sweetner and compared it to some suger, the artificial stuff contained something 96% of the calories of real sugar, plus it was laced with dangerous chemicals.

I think I'll stick with real sugar.

Agreed.
For a healthy diet, you shouldn't be drinking enough coke (diet or regular) to make you either obese or infertile, really.
I mean, yeah, I like to drink coke like the rest of yall, and I do agree that diet tastes better. However, there comes a time when you need to recognize that it is really bad for you, aspartame or not.

Moderation is a difficult concept for most of us to grasp, which is why health issues like these are such a problem.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 8:09:25 AM
Conspiracy theory aside, Aspartame really is quite unhealthy. Although clinical trials have mixed results, the very chemistry of Aspartame is enough to scare anyone with a background in health education. Your body can break it down to chemicals like methanol and formaldehyde and the doses that people drink are enough to actually cause harm over time.

Aspartame is actually safer than Sucralose, which has been thought to cause cancer in mice.

The best alternative is just to learn how to not sweeten your drinks, drink a lot more water, drink fruit juices if you need something sweet, and get a lot more exercise.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 4:04:15 PM
At 4/5/2010 8:09:25 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Conspiracy theory aside, Aspartame really is quite unhealthy. Although clinical trials have mixed results, the very chemistry of Aspartame is enough to scare anyone with a background in health education. Your body can break it down to chemicals like methanol and formaldehyde and the doses that people drink are enough to actually cause harm over time.

Aspartame is actually safer than Sucralose, which has been thought to cause cancer in mice.

The best alternative is just to learn how to not sweeten your drinks, drink a lot more water, drink fruit juices if you need something sweet, and get a lot more exercise.

not what i've read.

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au...

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca...

especially:
"While methanol is a by-product of aspartame digestion, it is not foreign to the human diet. The pectin in many common foods including fruits and vegetables and their juices contains low levels of methanol and substances that are metabolised to methanol. A cup of tomato juice would provide about six times more methanol than a cup of aspartame-containing soft drink."
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 3:41:16 PM
At 4/5/2010 4:04:15 PM, belle wrote:
not what i've read.

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au...

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca...

especially:
"While methanol is a by-product of aspartame digestion, it is not foreign to the human diet. The pectin in many common foods including fruits and vegetables and their juices contains low levels of methanol and substances that are metabolised to methanol. A cup of tomato juice would provide about six times more methanol than a cup of aspartame-containing soft drink."

The problem with this is that there are a lot of factors that appear in vivo that don't appear in vitro. Looking at simple, out of context facts is irrelevant. Let's look at patient oriented evidence that matter clinically.

Artificial sweeteners like aspartame are targeted mainly at diabetics and the weight conscious. They don't like the constant craving for sugar so they turn instead to chemicals. The likelihood of someone drinking two 12-oz bottles of diet cola is astronomical whereas the likelihood of someone drinking a single glass of tomato juice is almost nil.

Furthermore, there are enzymes and various other compounds that come along with tomato juice and a wide variety of natural methanol sources, that greatly reduce the chance that toxic metabolites can form. It is widely known that fruits and vegetables have a wide variety of antioxidant function, and serve as diet aids both physically and chemically. The fact that tomato juice may contain several times more methanol than a comparable amount of diet drink is irrelevant in the clinical setting. The natural sources are countered by other factors. With Aspartame drinks, however, it's just Aspartame and water. Nothing else.

The issue is that Aspartame is big business as a chemical, and studies aren't being done correctly if at all to address the issue.

Like I said before though, the data is sketchy, but the risk is there. There's no reason to defend aspartame when we really should be promoting increased intake of clear water, fruits, and vegetables.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.