Jump to topic:

Diagnose my brain-pain

Marlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 11:34:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So for the last 6 weeks I've been getting migranes and headaches.

When I don't have those, I'm constantly dizzy, I can't hold down food that much, and I'm constantly photophobic.
Lately I've been blacking out and stuff

3 weeks ago I got a appointment for the neurologist... the appoinment is on April 20th.
They of course didn't bother giving me anything for the pain..
ANYWAY

what do you think it is?
no butter
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 2:46:00 AM
The important thing is not to worry, there are a whole host of possible causes and it's even possible that by the time you see the neurologist it would have started to clear up.

However that said, I do really think they should have referred you to the consultant with a little more alacrity. That does seem a long time to wait if you are having blackouts.

So anyway don't panic... and try to rise above the many 'amusing' comments people will attempt to post on this thread.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 7:21:20 PM
At 3/28/2010 11:34:51 PM, Marlee wrote:
what do you think it is?

Whatever it is, the solution is medical marijuana.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 7:22:22 PM
At 3/29/2010 7:21:20 PM, Reasoning wrote:
what do you think it is?

Whatever it is, the solution is medical marijuana.

If not stem cells.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 7:49:20 PM

When I don't have those, I'm constantly dizzy, I can't hold down food that much, and I'm constantly photophobic.

3 weeks ago I got a appointment for the neurologist... the appoinment is on April 20th.
ANYWAY

what do you think it is?
no butter

My uncle is over at my house right now, I told him about it, and he said it's Phenonipsitizes. I rare disease that kills people 99.95% of the time. The only way to have a chance of getting better is staying away from fruits and vegetables, drinking little to no water, and eating at least three cups of sugar a day. Eating KFC may help with the pain, I hope it helped some.
kfc
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 2:50:18 AM
At 3/29/2010 7:49:20 PM, Koopin wrote:

ANYWAY

what do you think it is?
no butter

My uncle is over at my house right now, I told him about it, and he said it's Phenonipsitizes. I rare disease that kills people 99.95% of the time. The only way to have a chance of getting better is staying away from fruits and vegetables, drinking little to no water, and eating at least three cups of sugar a day. Eating KFC may help with the pain, I hope it helped some.

See what I mean.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 6:44:38 AM
At 3/29/2010 7:19:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I think I have an irregular heartbeat.

you're going to die.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 6:52:33 AM
At 3/30/2010 6:44:38 AM, belle wrote:

you're going to die.

we all are.

just wjm should be careful round drugs... i know a kid who died a bit early from the two
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 6:56:34 AM
At 3/30/2010 6:52:33 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

you're going to die.

we all are.

just wjm should be careful round drugs... i know a kid who died a bit early from the two

er. lol

drugs cause irregular heartbeats. my doctor told me that its a near guarantee that anytime you have caffeine you have a few irregular heartbeats but that people usually don't feel them. the only way to "mix the two" might be if that kid had an underlying heart defect.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 1:05:51 PM
At 3/30/2010 6:56:34 AM, belle wrote:
that kid had an underlying heart defect.

yep
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 1:06:54 PM
At 3/30/2010 1:05:51 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yep

I thought that's what wjm was saying he had, like a permanent irregular heartbeat.

Metaphysics:
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 3:24:14 PM
At 3/30/2010 1:06:54 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yep

I thought that's what wjm was saying he had, like a permanent irregular heartbeat.

irregular heartbeat =/= heart defect

premature ventricular contractions (PVCs), for example, are quite common even in healthy hearts, though they can be scary as fvck. lol.

they're only dangerous if you get a long run of them that turns into ventricular tachycardia or something.

anyways yeah. heart problems = my pet phobia so i could ramble on the topic forever. :P
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 12:15:55 PM

I definitely have an irregular heartbeat, but it'll proabably be ok after the holidays.
signature
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2010 12:18:49 PM
At 3/30/2010 1:06:54 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yep

It just occurred the one time I exercised. It hasn't happened since, but I think it's happened before.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
collegekitchen9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2010 8:41:29 AM

you're going to die.

Lol @ optimism
Collegekitchen/askbob said: "we should monitor politicians spending"

Volkov responded "wat controlling and monitoring government spendin is zactly like Big Brother!"

: : At 3/30/2010 6:44:38 AM, belle wrote:
: : : At 3/29/2010 7:19:19 PM, wjmelements wrote:
: : : I think I have an irregular heartbeat.
: :
: : you're going to die.

: At 4/3/2010 6:33:02 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: I think people care about what I think

no
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 8:01:57 AM
First of all, are you on any medications? Include over-the-counter drugs.

Do your parents or siblings have any medical conditions?

How much alcohol do you use over the course of a normal week? Do you smoke? Exercise? Do you play contact sports?

Have you tried using anything for your symptoms, and did they make it feel better/worse? Is the pain from one side of your head or both?

From what you've just given me so far though, I would say that you would be diagnosed with Migraine, which explains the following symptoms:

A throbbing, unilateral headache, vertigo-like symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, photophobia, sensitivity to movement and sound.

It has a genetic base and is generally treated with a class of medications called "triptans". You may want to consult with your doctor to see whether or not you have a more serious medical condition, or otherwise ask your doctor about prescription Imitrex.

Directions for Imitrex: Take 1 25mg tablet at onset of headache and it should go away. If the headache returns after 2 hours or stays during that time, take one additional tablet every 2 hours for up to a maximum of 8 tablets in one day.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Marlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 4:06:58 PM
I'm not on any medication.

I'm a generally very active person. I walk a couple miles everyday and skate around the hilly part of town for hours a week.

I smoke pot occasionally. I don't drink. I don't smoke cigarettes.

It's on both sides on the front.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 4:12:20 PM
At 4/5/2010 4:06:58 PM, Marlee wrote:

I smoke pot occasionally.

Aw, he's gonna blame it on that now lol.

Drink a big glass of water, usually helps for me.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 3:50:18 PM
I would if I could, but I can't. If anything, the pot might actually help with a few symptoms, such as the nausea and vomiting.

The most likely scenario then, is still migraine, only that it's bilateral. It explains all the other symptoms.

More unlikely possibilities:

Lack of sleep/dehydration (As Feverish said. Unlikely if it's been like this for 6 weeks)
Severe hypertension (Unlikely since you're active and out-and-about)
Cancer (Unlikely because you have no predisposing factors)

I hope your doctor visit goes well :(
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 9:24:02 AM
It is because you have not slept properly for a long time. Try sleeping at 9pm and waking up at 10 am and then you will see the difference.

Sleep also helps those little neurons to repair itself.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 9:35:47 AM
At 4/9/2010 9:24:02 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
It is because you have not slept properly for a long time. Try sleeping at 9pm and waking up at 10 am and then you will see the difference.

don't sleep that long.

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 9:43:43 AM
At 4/9/2010 9:24:02 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:

Sleeping 13 hours is definitely not healthy.

There was a myth about sleeping time. It was believed that children/teenagers should sleep about nine hours, but that adults should do it less, like seven hours. This myth has recently been debunked, and a study has shown that nine hours of sleep is recommended for adults, too. Only some people - very few - can sleep even as little as six hours.

Nine hours of sleep is - as far as we know today - the best range of sleep length. Sleeping five hours will make you exhausted all day long, your memory will not serve you well, and you will be in a state of confusion. Sleeping 11 hours will also make you tired to a significant level.