Om Nom Nom... or Not.

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2010 9:13:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/29/2010 9:02:44 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I have to wonder how the people growing this stuff can rationalize what they do.

It's teh greed. >_>
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2010 9:15:01 PM
I have to wonder how the people growing this stuff can rationalize what they do.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you think it's weird that people grow this stuff?

At 4/29/2010 9:13:10 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
It's teh greed. >_>

*rolls eyes*
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2010 10:23:15 PM
http://green.yahoo.com...

yeah those bastards.. growing fruit.... maximizing their harvests by using chemicals that have been shown to be not harmful to humans in the small quantities that consumers are exposed to... i mean damn... they're downright evil!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2010 10:36:23 PM
At 4/29/2010 10:23:15 PM, belle wrote:

yeah those bastards.. growing fruit.... maximizing their harvests by using chemicals that have been shown to be not harmful to humans in the small quantities that consumers are exposed to... i mean damn... they're downright evil!

Totally agree - they are Fruit Nazi's!

Nazi's!
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 6:28:12 AM
I heard that new "organic" pesticides can be even more dangerous... as they're not the old reliable chemical kinds people have been using for years.

I think it was on Penn and Teller...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:33:01 AM
At 4/29/2010 9:13:10 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

It's teh greed. >_>

lol
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 10:36:32 AM
At 4/30/2010 6:28:12 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Prolly. I love them :) They were wrong in their episode about smoking bans though. They tried to say that 2nd hand smoke wasn't really harmful and that it was being blown out of proportion. They were proved way wrong later on and apologized. Aside from that, they're pretty friggin cool.
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 11:12:35 AM
At 4/30/2010 10:36:32 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/30/2010 6:28:12 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

They tried to say that 2nd hand smoke wasn't really harmful and that it was being blown out of proportion.

Passive smoking is annoying though. I mean, I have to pay £7.00 for a pack of cigarettes while those passive smokers get to inhale for free!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 1:42:05 PM
At 4/29/2010 9:15:01 PM, Nags wrote:

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you think it's weird that people grow this stuff?

I just wonder why it's necessary to use that many different pesticides.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 1:44:37 PM

First off, don't "appeal to ridicule" me. It doesn't work.

Second of all, I think it could be a bit dangerous from a long-term perspective. You have to think about the quantity of pesticides used, and the gradual buildup of chemicals that's inevitable due to frequent, repeated exposure. I can't say that I want the government to try and regulate it away, but I think that consumers ought to at least be aware of what's in everything they're eating, and I'd like to see a company who can get by without putting so many different chemicals into their product.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 1:57:17 PM
At least the government is currently using advocacy labels, which means that people who value a lack of pesticides in their food can verify which foods have pesticides.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2010 8:35:13 PM
At 4/30/2010 1:44:37 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

First off, don't "appeal to ridicule" me. It doesn't work.

well i made myself laugh!

Second of all, I think it could be a bit dangerous from a long-term perspective. You have to think about the quantity of pesticides used, and the gradual buildup of chemicals that's inevitable due to frequent, repeated exposure. I can't say that I want the government to try and regulate it away, but I think that consumers ought to at least be aware of what's in everything they're eating, and I'd like to see a company who can get by without putting so many different chemicals into their product.

they need to use different types because the bugs and such things become resistant to the old chemicals. and yes, its not ideal, even given that they haven't shown any harm from the chemicals in small amounts because we can't guarantee 100% that its harmless. but then you have GMO foods which are engineered to be bug/disease resistant, and people get up in arms over that too. and those are even MORE harmless if such a thing is possible... so i just find the whole organic food movement funny. its a hullabaloo about very little...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...