Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Health Forum

intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 7:09:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm a health fanatic, and excessively compulsive, yet the irony is profound because it would deem to be habitually unhealthy to compulsively obsess over something, and I do about my health.

Regardless...

I have not occupied myself with the health forum as much as I would enjoy, but recently I have observed that this forum is ubiquitously occupied by advertisements for various products and is unfortunately devoid of enlightening discourse or valuable substance. I have also noticed here, which this is not exclusive to this forum, religious discussion completely devoid of relevancy to health issues.

So...

Lets ignite this forum and add some value to it, because health despite what it may appear to be, is a fun and interesting topic to discuss. Sharing thoughts on diet, exercise plans, discussing various brain topics, discussing the benefits of health products (not advertising), seeking help with your health/PE homework, and overall lifestyle endeavors that influence our health.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:57:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I do agree as this forum is only a plague to this terribleness that is spam. We should definitely do something to change it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 10:08:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I like your idea and I like talking about health. Here's what I do that makes me healthy and happy (the two are the same, really). I think these principles would apply to everyone. I'd love to hear what others think makes them healthy.

1. Work less than 40 hours per week. I try to spend as much time enjoying life as possible. Pleasure and joy affects your health, period. Jobs that require 50, 60, or 70 hours of work per week are a drain on your vitality and joy.

2. Eat delicious, local, fresh foods. Avoid Safeway, Whole Foods, Starbucks, and every other global, faceless, profit-driven corporation. Find a local butcher where you can get local grass fed beef, free range chicken, and locally-made cold cuts. Make your own coffee (literally the only way to get decent coffee these days).

3. Have slow sex as much as possible (not everyone's into that but it's all part of my general philosophy on health). Linger over the details while inviting your partner to do the same.

4. Enjoy nature. If you live by a mountain, hike it. If you live by the ocean, swim it. If you live in a sh!thole, move. Environment and place is probably the single most important variable affecting your health.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:40:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 10:08:40 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I like your idea and I like talking about health. Here's what I do that makes me healthy and happy (the two are the same, really). I think these principles would apply to everyone. I'd love to hear what others think makes them healthy.

1. Work less than 40 hours per week. I try to spend as much time enjoying life as possible. Pleasure and joy affects your health, period. Jobs that require 50, 60, or 70 hours of work per week are a drain on your vitality and joy.

2. Eat delicious, local, fresh foods. Avoid Safeway, Whole Foods, Starbucks, and every other global, faceless, profit-driven corporation. Find a local butcher where you can get local grass fed beef, free range chicken, and locally-made cold cuts. Make your own coffee (literally the only way to get decent coffee these days).

3. Have slow sex as much as possible (not everyone's into that but it's all part of my general philosophy on health). Linger over the details while inviting your partner to do the same.

4. Enjoy nature. If you live by a mountain, hike it. If you live by the ocean, swim it. If you live in a sh!thole, move. Environment and place is probably the single most important variable affecting your health.

Great values. The only slight disagreement pertains to Whole Foods. Whole Foods does offer local farm products. The other products offered that are not local are of much more quality if juxtaposed with Safeway, Giant etc.. I do agree that as often as possible, purchase from local suppliers.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:40:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 8:57:21 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I do agree as this forum is only a plague to this terribleness that is spam. We should definitely do something to change it.

The other day the entire first page of the forum's topics were advertisements to various products.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:04:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 11:40:52 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:57:21 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I do agree as this forum is only a plague to this terribleness that is spam. We should definitely do something to change it.

The other day the entire first page of the forum's topics were advertisements to various products.

Exactly, it's become a natural wasteland for spam since no one really uses it since the Drunk Thread died away.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lizmarlow
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 4:07:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 7:09:49 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
I'm a health fanatic, and excessively compulsive, yet the irony is profound because it would deem to be habitually unhealthy to compulsively obsess over something, and I do about my health.

Regardless...

I have not occupied myself with the health forum as much as I would enjoy, but recently I have observed that this forum is ubiquitously occupied by advertisements for various products and is unfortunately devoid of enlightening discourse or valuable substance. I have also noticed here, which this is not exclusive to this forum, religious discussion completely devoid of relevancy to health issues.

So...

Lets ignite this forum and add some value to it, because health despite what it may appear to be, is a fun and interesting topic to discuss. Sharing thoughts on diet, exercise plans, discussing various brain topics, discussing the benefits of health products (not advertising), seeking help with your health/PE homework, and overall lifestyle endeavors that influence our health.

You are so right! I wanted to find some help regarding a specific health related trouble and couldn't find anything remotely relevant! Could you please tell me, whether it is okay to skip breakfast/lunch if one wants to lose some pounds fast? It may not sound good, but I a=cannot see any other option. I do exercise but could not do it regularly due to work pressure and I'm putting on weight like anything since last 4 months! Want it to stop. So was wondering if this would help.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 3:25:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 4:07:19 AM, lizmarlow wrote:
At 12/12/2014 7:09:49 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
I'm a health fanatic, and excessively compulsive, yet the irony is profound because it would deem to be habitually unhealthy to compulsively obsess over something, and I do about my health.

Regardless...

I have not occupied myself with the health forum as much as I would enjoy, but recently I have observed that this forum is ubiquitously occupied by advertisements for various products and is unfortunately devoid of enlightening discourse or valuable substance. I have also noticed here, which this is not exclusive to this forum, religious discussion completely devoid of relevancy to health issues.

So...

Lets ignite this forum and add some value to it, because health despite what it may appear to be, is a fun and interesting topic to discuss. Sharing thoughts on diet, exercise plans, discussing various brain topics, discussing the benefits of health products (not advertising), seeking help with your health/PE homework, and overall lifestyle endeavors that influence our health.

You are so right! I wanted to find some help regarding a specific health related trouble and couldn't find anything remotely relevant! Could you please tell me, whether it is okay to skip breakfast/lunch if one wants to lose some pounds fast? It may not sound good, but I a=cannot see any other option. I do exercise but could not do it regularly due to work pressure and I'm putting on weight like anything since last 4 months! Want it to stop. So was wondering if this would help.

As I tell everybody, the goal is fat loss, not weight loss. Losing fat quickly is not as ideal as a more gradual fat loss process. If anything, adding weight compirsed of muscle would be a far more successful route to fat loss via resistance training, than a regiment encompassing solely cardiovascular exercise.

As it pertains to skipping breakfast, this question is best answered via science and someone who is more qualified, as this is a complex question. Yet from my personal experiences, I have not eaten breakfast in 5-6 years, and have participated in landscaping, construction, waiting tables, and even furniture moving, yet never encountered any problem throughout the day. I would bring a banana or a bag of almonds or walnuts with me. Drinking water throughout the day is however, a necessity. I have been between 9-12% body fat these past couple years, and have not eaten breakfeast, I do eat a heavy dinner though. I recommend researching what time during the day you consume your meals and what impact is has on the nervous system which may give you a better answer.
lizmarlow
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 11:42:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"As it pertains to skipping breakfast, this question is best answered via science and someone who is more qualified, as this is a complex question. Yet from my personal experiences, I have not eaten breakfast in 5-6 years, I would bring a banana or a bag of almonds or walnuts with me. Drinking water throughout the day is however, a necessity. I have been between 9-12% body fat these past couple years,"

Thanks a lot for your help. I think more than health trouble I am worried because of the popular sayings that one should not skip breakfast etc. :) But I would go with what my body feels comfortable with for some time before taking any drastic steps. Thanks again.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 1:39:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 11:42:42 PM, lizmarlow wrote:
"As it pertains to skipping breakfast, this question is best answered via science and someone who is more qualified, as this is a complex question. Yet from my personal experiences, I have not eaten breakfast in 5-6 years, I would bring a banana or a bag of almonds or walnuts with me. Drinking water throughout the day is however, a necessity. I have been between 9-12% body fat these past couple years,"

Thanks a lot for your help. I think more than health trouble I am worried because of the popular sayings that one should not skip breakfast etc. :) But I would go with what my body feels comfortable with for some time before taking any drastic steps. Thanks again.

The most important aspect about health to keep in mind is diversity. Exercise diversity, nutrition diversity, and diverse activities that promote health such as; laughing, enjoying things you do, and even meditating.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 2:04:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 1:39:41 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 12/22/2014 11:42:42 PM, lizmarlow wrote:
"As it pertains to skipping breakfast, this question is best answered via science and someone who is more qualified, as this is a complex question. Yet from my personal experiences, I have not eaten breakfast in 5-6 years, I would bring a banana or a bag of almonds or walnuts with me. Drinking water throughout the day is however, a necessity. I have been between 9-12% body fat these past couple years,"

Thanks a lot for your help. I think more than health trouble I am worried because of the popular sayings that one should not skip breakfast etc. :) But I would go with what my body feels comfortable with for some time before taking any drastic steps. Thanks again.

The most important aspect about health to keep in mind is diversity. Exercise diversity, nutrition diversity, and diverse activities that promote health such as; laughing, enjoying things you do, and even meditating.

Supplemented with consistency^
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:00:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
waste space
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:34:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 12:16:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 12/23/2014 3:00:46 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
waste space

This has become exactly that, unfortunately.

I apologize for that lazy response. I fully agree that health is important, and like the 4 rules given by the user above. If anything, what needs to be done is someone proactively creating new and interesting threads in the forum section. I don't really know too much health-wise except for ranting against GMO's and staying active, but if someone more knowledgeable was to start creating interesting threads, over time I'm sure the interest levels would pick up.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:37:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 12:34:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:16:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 12/23/2014 3:00:46 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
waste space

This has become exactly that, unfortunately.

I apologize for that lazy response. I fully agree that health is important, and like the 4 rules given by the user above. If anything, what needs to be done is someone proactively creating new and interesting threads in the forum section. I don't really know too much health-wise except for ranting against GMO's and staying active, but if someone more knowledgeable was to start creating interesting threads, over time I'm sure the interest levels would pick up.

Certainly. Health, to me anyways, is an interesting and important topic to discuss because eventually, naturally, and unfortunately, inevitably, we encounter health problems in our lives.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:37:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 12:37:07 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:34:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:16:20 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 12/23/2014 3:00:46 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
waste space

This has become exactly that, unfortunately.

I apologize for that lazy response. I fully agree that health is important, and like the 4 rules given by the user above. If anything, what needs to be done is someone proactively creating new and interesting threads in the forum section. I don't really know too much health-wise except for ranting against GMO's and staying active, but if someone more knowledgeable was to start creating interesting threads, over time I'm sure the interest levels would pick up.

Certainly. Health, to me anyways, is an interesting and important topic to discuss because eventually, naturally, and unfortunately, inevitably, we encounter health problems in our lives.

Yup, I fully agree!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...