Jump to topic:

Smoking toddler

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 4:47:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why not just take away this cigs and deal with the concequences? I'm sure it'll end up worse if they don't.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:20:10 PM
At 6/1/2010 4:47:52 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Why not just take away this cigs and deal with the concequences? I'm sure it'll end up worse if they don't.

I'm not too sure that's as easy a solution as it seems. To be sure I was laughing at the picture of the baby smoking (didn't watch video) and I agreed with you, but after reading the article I don't think I agree. Babies have weaker bones and restraint, and if the baby throws one of those tantrums he/she did like the one mentioned in the article, he/she could kill himself/herself. Which may or may not be a desirable outcome. I'm assuming having a sick baby is better than a dead sick baby.

My original comment was going to be "well, firsthand smoke is better than secondhand smoke", but then I read his parents don't smoke [anymore] and that this toddler does 40 a day. No expert, but I think that's ridiculous.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:21:51 PM
At 6/1/2010 5:59:11 PM, Diva102 wrote:
Because that would be parenting and people are too lazy or scared or whatever else to do that these days!

Those parents are not American. I think your comment is a bit harsh.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:30:29 PM
For an infant to take to tobacco that early, it must have had a body that is unbelievably favorable to the substance; I've noticed that while studies will show definite correlations between certain substances and certain diseases (and shorter life spans), there seems to be a certain % of the population that does not fit into the general scheme. I gather the child's obesity is probably due to the same apathetic upbringing that put cigarettes into its mouth, not the actual smoking itself.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:11:39 PM
At 6/1/2010 4:38:23 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Wow.

It's called bad habits. Best to enjoy them as much as you can during the short period of time that will be that kid's life span.

Bad Parenting FTL
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:23:05 PM
i am not sure he is as young as he say, given the fine motor skills displayed in his manipulation of a the cigarette... but its definitely a shocking vid.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:32:42 PM
At 6/1/2010 8:25:40 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I want to kill that child's parents.

With a bomb?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:44:24 PM
At 6/1/2010 8:32:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/1/2010 8:25:40 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I want to kill that child's parents.

With a bomb?

Lol no.xD
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 12:57:17 AM
At 6/1/2010 8:23:05 PM, belle wrote:
i am not sure he is as young as he say, given the fine motor skills displayed in his manipulation of a the cigarette... but its definitely a shocking vid.

That kid can NOT be older than 3... either way it's still deplorable... but HYSTERICAL. I cracked up laughing at that vid (lol @ him blowing smoke rings!!!) but that's severely messed up. Reasoning and the other extremist Libertarians would argue that it would be bad parenting to prevent this baby from smoking. What I wanna know is how this baby got addicted in the first place. We know his dad buys cigs for him now, but to become addicted to something you generally have to have exposure to it multiple times to begin with. Anyway they should stop feeding into this -- he might whine and throw a fit, but toddlers do the same thing when they want toys or their pacifier. The parents need to suck it up. Shouldn't they be like buying food or something with the money they spend on 2 packs a day anyway? Or perhaps a doctor?
President of DDO
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 7:14:37 AM
At 6/2/2010 12:58:10 AM, theLwerd wrote:
This is also hilarious but definitely messed up...

No way. That is terrible. I don't even find it funny to be honest.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 7:30:35 AM
Actually that fat little kid smoking was not that bad really because I suspect it was one of those herbal cigarettes that are so popular in Indonesia and the Philippines.

They taste foul but they don't do too much harm.

I think the fact that his mother had overfed him to the extent that she had will have much more serious long-term consequences for his health.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...