Jump to topic:

in need of help

CrysisPillar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 3:24:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Every day I wake up wishing that I were dead, and every day I wake up knowing that school's going to be horrible. There's only one week of it left before I break off to a private school and the rest of my friends stay in the public system...but it's just so hurtful when every day I hear people trying to talk about me behind my back and say things like "I HATE Christina, she's SO annoying," and even sometimes saying it when they're right behind me just to get me to listen on purpose...I'm already seeing what seems like a billion therapists and I'm on meds and everything, but I just can't hang on. It's just humiliation every day of the week...sometimes I consider literally stabbing myself to death or throwing myself in front of a car but I know that I can't do it and the consequences of it aren't any better than the action...please, I just need help...just honest advice or something
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 3:38:28 PM
Time goes very slowly for young people. Keep in mind that you will very soon, surprisingly soon, be out of high school and into a different environment. Someone has probably already told you that it doesn't matter what other people think. It's true. Develop personal goals and focus on achieving those goals. Good luck.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 3:48:42 PM
When people are insulting you, they aren't making a statement about you, they are making a statement about themselves because they feel the need to cover their own insecurities by putting down others with personal insults. They are also making a statement about their poor character.

Therefore, you shouldn't worry about what others say about you, but what you say about yourself.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 3:56:46 PM
At 6/4/2010 3:46:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 6/4/2010 3:29:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
Become a Muslim.
I have not mentioned anything in that area at all.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 4:21:37 PM
Saying how people insulting others because of their own insecurities may be true, but unfortunately it isn't good advice, that doesn't make you feel any better, at least in my own experience it hasn't. Like Roy said, establish personal goals, find hobbies that you can either do by yourself, or with a friend, that you really enjoy doing. Something that personally makes me feel better, I try and be my nicest to everyone, that way I can think how my character is much better than theirs. I really think it helps. Also, don't hold feelings in, talk about them, heck even crying can help. Best of luck.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 4:24:59 PM
Oh, and I just looked at your profile, I was particularly interested in what you have written under your activities section.

"I love to write fiction and poetry, draw and work on crafts, talk, play flute, trombone, and guitar, sing, and just be with nature."

I personally love reading/writing/drawing and music, you sound like you have really good interests, find other friends like that and just ignore the people that think it's important to go out of their way to try and make you feel bad, it's stupid of them and a waste of time. Be strong, don't show interest in them. :)
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 6:32:21 PM
Tell them to piss the f***off, and then report them to the principal. If you are worried about the, "amg, squealings bad," argument, look at it this way. They already dislike you, there's no where to go but up.
And, really, if you really, really need to...Just end it. Write a letter dictating why, and then take an overdose on pills or something. Make sure its painless.
I miss the old members.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 6:40:25 PM
At 6/4/2010 6:32:21 PM, Atheism wrote:
And, really, if you really, really need to...Just end it. Write a letter dictating why, and then take an overdose on pills or something. Make sure its painless.
What did you take before saying that?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 6:43:21 PM
Tell them to piss the f***off, and then report them to the principal. If you are worried about the, "amg, squealings bad," argument, look at it this way. They already dislike you, there's no where to go but up.

That's terrible advice.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 7:09:40 PM
I've felt like this for a while as well.

The truth is, high school sucks. I'm really not looking forward to college, but almost everyone tells me that college is STELLAR compared to high school. High school kids are usually just juvenile and downright rude. All you have to focus on is the future and what you hope to obtain.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 7:33:40 PM

You should try harder not to be an *******, *******.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 8:38:33 PM
Why do you care what they think?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 10:40:36 PM
At 6/4/2010 3:38:28 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Time goes very slowly for young people. Keep in mind that you will very soon, surprisingly soon, be out of high school and into a different environment. Someone has probably already told you that it doesn't matter what other people think. It's true. Develop personal goals and focus on achieving those goals. Good luck.

easier said than done. and yet, so very true. good luck!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:28:04 PM
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I recommend listening to the song "Float On" by Modest Mouse, it helped me through bad times.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:30:02 PM

don't. It will be painless for you, but not for the surrounding people. They have to go through the pain of knowing that they might've contributed to your suicide.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:00:12 PM
At 6/4/2010 3:24:51 PM, CrysisPillar wrote:
Every day I wake up wishing that I were dead, and every day I wake up knowing that school's going to be horrible. There's only one week of it left before I break off to a private school and the rest of my friends stay in the public system...but it's just so hurtful when every day I hear people trying to talk about me behind my back and say things like "I HATE Christina, she's SO annoying," and even sometimes saying it when they're right behind me just to get me to listen on purpose...I'm already seeing what seems like a billion therapists and I'm on meds and everything, but I just can't hang on. It's just humiliation every day of the week...sometimes I consider literally stabbing myself to death or throwing myself in front of a car but I know that I can't do it and the consequences of it aren't any better than the action...please, I just need help...just honest advice or something

smoke weed.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:08:01 PM
At 6/5/2010 2:02:04 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Don't smoke weed. Look at badger for the evidence ;)

cutting. but i certainly amn't depressed. i'm probably too happy though.
signature
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:10:33 PM
At 6/5/2010 2:08:01 PM, badger wrote:

4 days until English paper 1. Sorry for ruining your buzz :).
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:12:44 PM
At 6/5/2010 2:10:33 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

nice try, but i'm on some powerful stuff and i do pass.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:13:30 PM
At 6/5/2010 2:12:44 PM, badger wrote:

and that's why i reckon i'm too happy.
signature
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:17:44 PM
Roy is exactly right. Have some patience with life and everything will get much much better. Everything is different after high school is over.

You have a new school to look forward to soon. You can start all over.

Most importantly, though, is that if you end things now you will miss out on all of the exciting, wonderful, and beautiful things about life once you get past the unfortunate stage you are in now. Life will not always be like it is right now.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:18:38 PM
At 6/5/2010 2:12:44 PM, badger wrote:

Fair enough.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 3:11:07 PM
At 6/5/2010 2:17:44 PM, JBlake wrote:
Roy is exactly right. Have some patience with life and everything will get much much better. Everything is different after high school is over.

You have a new school to look forward to soon. You can start all over.

Most importantly, though, is that if you end things now you will miss out on all of the exciting, wonderful, and beautiful things about life once you get past the unfortunate stage you are in now. Life will not always be like it is right now.

It beta not ;)
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2010 11:42:32 AM
At 6/5/2010 2:00:12 PM, badger wrote:

smoke weed.

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2010 6:36:52 PM
At 6/6/2010 11:42:32 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 6/5/2010 2:00:12 PM, badger wrote:

smoke weed.

makes you not give a sh1t.
signature
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 9:39:28 AM
Read some Sartre and then go on to be the next Che Guevra.

But if that's unfeasible, seeing that your problem (that is, to the best of my knowledge stemming from your original post) is bullying/backstabbing friends/douches at school/etc., simply find people you'd enjoy being around with. The easiest and one of the most effective solutions to that is to reach out to communities which share similar interests with you. Your profile says you like fiction and poetry -- go find some website, forum, whatever dedicated that and meet new people. You say you love to debate, lol welcome to this website obviously. Sharing common interests is one of the most effective and common ways to gain new friends. Having good friends can, at the very least, mitigate the harm of opinions from others.

Roy's advice is sound, but psychologically impractical. It's simply too difficult to handle a situation like yours, even though the possibility of a better future seems probable.