Jump to topic:

When you die

belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:58:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
in my sleep... no need for theatrics. i would just rather not have time to be afraid
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:02:07 AM
Maybe in a violent act of vigilantism, or just quietly with a few loved ones nearby.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:05:49 AM
I'd rather I be awake and not have it sudden. So I could take the few moments left to reflect.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:11:53 AM
I will go naturally. I doubt I'd try to make an effort to die a certain way.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:19:28 AM
Certainly awake and slow.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:25:15 AM
Two ways. One, in a streak of fire and flames and broken dreams and ravished worlds and horrors everywhere that I couldn't fix.
Two) Slowly. Just so I could go in a contemplating sense, gazing over at the ocean through the windows. A single tear would slide down my face.
As you can see, I would prefer to be melodramatic.
I miss the old members.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:28:08 AM
At 6/5/2010 12:25:15 AM, Atheism wrote:
Two ways. One, in a streak of fire and flames and broken dreams and ravished worlds and horrors everywhere that I couldn't fix.
Two) Slowly. Just so I could go in a contemplating sense, gazing over at the ocean through the windows. A single tear would slide down my face.

If its the former then you should make sure to shake your fist at the heavens.

In the latter, you should probably cradle a black rose and/or a glass of absinthe.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:46:47 AM
At 6/5/2010 12:28:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/5/2010 12:25:15 AM, Atheism wrote:

If its the former then you should make sure to shake your fist at the heavens.

In the latter, you should probably cradle a black rose and/or a glass of absinthe.
Actually, what I would like to be holding would be a letter. The scene would be something like this: 'I gazed over at the ocean. It was so beautiful these days. It used to be a turquoise blue. I hated blue. Now, its a nice, rich red. I glanced back at the old, yellowed letter in my lap, from my sister, dated about ten years ago, before this mess started. It said that mother died of natural causes. Not murder. I was wrong this entire time. And to think... I killed my own sister because of it... Just because of that one children's game, all this happened. Jumanji. I sighed. I looked out at the ocean again. So calm, and serene, unlike the ravaged world around me. I glanced at my now almond scented tea. I took a sip. And then another one. I eyed the ocean again, where all my past history lied. As the cyanide took affect, a single tear slid down my face.
I miss the old members.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 5:18:54 AM
I guess I'd rather not be in excruciating pain... so.. Quick!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 10:55:43 AM
Late.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:55:27 PM
At 6/5/2010 3:58:17 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I don't intend to die.

Same here. But if we do it'll probably be death by data corruption amirite?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:00:13 PM
Actually, I can of hope everything starts to slowly fade to black as Game Over in large red font appears.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:00:42 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:55:27 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 6/5/2010 3:58:17 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I don't intend to die.

Same here. But if we do it'll probably be death by data corruption amirite?

Yes! Finally, someone who gets me.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:20:04 PM
I'm the only one who's dramatic here. -sniff-
NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND ME! -Slits wrists while crying-
I miss the old members.
THE_EDGE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:46:15 PM
i hope that i die by some sort of violent act, such as having my brains blown all over a wall (or person behind me) by a shotgun

OR just by being run over by a bus because thats always funny.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 5:20:26 PM
At 6/5/2010 11:01:08 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/5/2010 10:55:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Late.

Not in the arms of a cougar?

In something else of a cougar is a good second option. But being late to the party takes primacy.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 5:44:44 PM
It would be cool if it's me in a standoff versus ten other men, and I start my shooting down nine of them. I follow to shoot the last one in the heart, but he shoots me in the neck at the same time. We both hit the ground, and I blow off his head with my last shot. Then I fall back and wait for the light.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 5:45:13 PM
At 6/5/2010 1:46:15 PM, THE_EDGE wrote:
i hope that i die by some sort of violent act, such as having my brains blown all over a wall (or person behind me) by a shotgun

OR just by being run over by a bus because thats always funny.

I'd like the former.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 5:55:23 PM
At 6/5/2010 5:44:44 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
It would be cool if it's something involving me and ten other men.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 5:56:17 PM
At 6/5/2010 5:55:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/5/2010 5:44:44 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
It would be cool if it's something involving me and ten other men.

Very funny. All of you guys know how to make it look like another member wrote something that he/she didn't. I thought we were over this phase?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 6:04:41 PM
I thought we were over this phase?
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com...