What is the nutritional value of..?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 1:40:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Crustaceans?

I'm a pescetarian now, which means I'm a vegetarian that eats fish, but just until now I hadn't thought about crustaceans.

I'm going to base my choice off of health.

Much appreciated.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 1:47:24 PM
At 7/6/2010 1:40:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Crustaceans?

I'm a pescetarian now, which means I'm a vegetarian that eats fish, but just until now I hadn't thought about crustaceans.

Much appreciated.

I d not like them, but I hear most sea animals are good sources of protein.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:25:58 PM
Really good for you, but without butter? No butter with your lobster? That's a sin in New England. Or can you have butter? Also, let me get this straight, you're a vegetarian because of your ethical values, and you are going to throw a lobster into a pot of boiling water? I know a lot of meat eaters that cannot bear to do that.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:27:43 PM
At 7/6/2010 2:25:58 PM, innomen wrote:
Really good for you, but without butter? No butter with your lobster? That's a sin in New England. Or can you have butter? Also, let me get this straight, you're a vegetarian because of your ethical values, and you are going to throw a lobster into a pot of boiling water? I know a lot of meat eaters that cannot bear to do that.

He's doing it for his health. Which is BS of course. He's trying to be cool, and radical.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:29:04 PM
At 7/6/2010 2:27:43 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

He's doing it for his health. Which is BS of course. He's trying to be cool, and radical.

Ahh, well still don't see him throwing the lobster into the pot.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:34:03 PM

Vegetarians live 7 years longer on average, have 40% less chance of getting cancer and 95% of all pesticide you intake come from meat. It isn't BS.
Also, I don't like supporting corporations, being a vegetarian does that much less.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:36:03 PM
At 7/6/2010 2:34:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Vegetarians live 7 years longer on average, have 40% less chance of getting cancer and 95% of all pesticide you intake come from meat. It isn't BS.
Also, I don't like supporting corporations, being a vegetarian does that much less.

they're also losers.
signature
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:36:11 PM

Throw out your computer. Right now.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:39:57 PM

Vegetarians live 7 years longer on average, have 40% less chance of getting cancer

Soce?

and 95% of all pesticide you intake come from meat.

Because pesticide is never used with vegetables >_>

It isn't BS.

Then throw out your computer, stop using Youtube and Facebook, take any money you have in a bank out, destroy anything you have with a brand, do not consume any brand products, and then tell me you're not supporting corporations.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:45:48 PM

I don't know that they live longer, it just seems that way.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 4:06:02 PM
At 7/6/2010 2:45:48 PM, innomen wrote:

I don't know that they live longer, it just seems that way.

Depends on the diet as a whole. The same benefits are found in Mediterranean and some South American diets, which do include regular meat intake.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 5:03:35 PM
At 7/6/2010 1:40:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Crustaceans?

Much appreciated.

If you were basing your choice on health you would still be eating meat.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 6:52:14 PM
Well FREEDO, you can't really be more cool or amazing, so your diet is irrelevant to me. But, if it makes you happy, then go for it. You are my favorite poster and debater.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 10:21:22 PM

Apparently you've never heard of Monsanto.
President of DDO
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 12:02:17 AM
Just because you don't like something and don't want to help them, doesn't mean you have to not help them. For example, if I don't like FedEx, and there were no other readily available delivery services for me, I would use them, yes? I may not like them, but I won't let my feelings get in the way of my convenience.
I miss the old members.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 7:42:16 PM
I think I'm going to have a burger for lunch.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...