Jump to topic:

Euthanasia, pro or con?

Maddie98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 12:58:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm interested to know what everyone's opinions are on this topic and think that, if you aren't decided (or even if you are decided) you should check out my debate with Philocat below :) I thought our debate was very interesting and I hope you guys think so too. Check it out and leave comments about the topic below :D

Debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Twenty years, it's breaking you down
now that you understand there's no one around
Take a breath, just take a seat
you're falling apart and tearing at the seams

Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright

Heaven Forbid, The Fray
Liberals
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 6:09:24 PM

And I do take back on what I said about having to be 30 years old, but I do still agree that a patient must be suffering from an incredibly painful illness or a terrible condition.
Maddie98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 8:25:45 PM
At 2/19/2015 6:09:24 PM, Liberals wrote:

And I do take back on what I said about having to be 30 years old, but I do still agree that a patient must be suffering from an incredibly painful illness or a terrible condition.

I really like your debate :D I agree that euthanasia should be allowed by all means, as long as there are regulations. If the person is in a great deal of suffering (that even medication might not be able to mask), they should be able to choose this option. A lot of people just say- "I don't accept euthanasia, but you can take them off of life support." I believe this is ridiculous because of an article I read last year about a girl from Texas almost two years old, who had only a short while to live. The family wanted to euthanize her peacefully to put her out of her pain, but since it is against Texas law, they couldn't do it. The state allowed them to remove life support (by removing the feeding tube) and no more than that. So for 9 days her family watched her starve to death off of life support instead of using euthanasia. It's crazy how much people will put others through just because they don't believe euthanasia is a moral thing to do :\
Anyway though, if you could check out and vote on my debate above, Liberals, I'd be really thankful :D not very many people are voting. People just skim over it and move on but I think it was a pretty awesome debate :) I will thank you soooo much if you do because it's my first debate, but I really want to get it out there for people to see and read.

Heaven Forbid, The Fray
Liberals
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 9:52:09 PM
At 2/19/2015 8:25:45 PM, Maddie98 wrote:

I really like your debate :D I agree that euthanasia should be allowed by all means, as long as there are regulations. If the person is in a great deal of suffering (that even medication might not be able to mask), they should be able to choose this option. A lot of people just say- "I don't accept euthanasia, but you can take them off of life support." I believe this is ridiculous because of an article I read last year about a girl from Texas almost two years old, who had only a short while to live. The family wanted to euthanize her peacefully to put her out of her pain, but since it is against Texas law, they couldn't do it. The state allowed them to remove life support (by removing the feeding tube) and no more than that. So for 9 days her family watched her starve to death off of life support instead of using euthanasia. It's crazy how much people will put others through just because they don't believe euthanasia is a moral thing to do :\
Anyway though, if you could check out and vote on my debate above, Liberals, I'd be really thankful :D not very many people are voting. People just skim over it and move on but I think it was a pretty awesome debate :) I will thank you soooo much if you do because it's my first debate, but I really want to get it out there for people to see and read.

My gosh, that is so messed up. That just proves the hypocrisy of the Republican Party. And I did read your debate, and I msut say that your opponent is a real dumbass. and I would love to vote, but the verification code is not sending! I have tried like 5 times and the support page isn't helping me at all. I'm sorry :(
Maddie98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 9:57:29 PM
At 2/19/2015 9:52:09 PM, Liberals wrote:

My gosh, that is so messed up. That just proves the hypocrisy of the Republican Party. And I did read your debate, and I must say that your opponent is a real dumbass. and I would love to vote, but the verification code is not sending! I have tried like 5 times and the support page isn't helping me at all. I'm sorry :(

That's ok. :) Hopefully it works though. And my opponent was really fun to debate against actually and he had nice conduct. I believe he was lacking in supporting his arguments though, bu he did a good job. The guy that voted for him seemed really biased (I don't like when people don't critic a debate nicely and vote, he just seemed to completely vote for him because he is friends with him and strongly disagrees with euthanasia). I'm hoping I can get more votes though. Hopefully people look at it and it works for them :\

Heaven Forbid, The Fray
Liberals
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 10:01:40 PM
At 2/19/2015 9:57:29 PM, Maddie98 wrote:

My gosh, that is so messed up. That just proves the hypocrisy of the Republican Party. And I did read your debate, and I must say that your opponent is a real dumbass. and I would love to vote, but the verification code is not sending! I have tried like 5 times and the support page isn't helping me at all. I'm sorry :(

That's ok. :) Hopefully it works though. And my opponent was really fun to debate against actually and he had nice conduct. I believe he was lacking in supporting his arguments though, bu he did a good job. The guy that voted for him seemed really biased (I don't like when people don't critic a debate nicely and vote, he just seemed to completely vote for him because he is friends with him and strongly disagrees with euthanasia). I'm hoping I can get more votes though. Hopefully people look at it and it works for them :\

Yeah, your right, he really was lacking in his supporting arguments. I geuss he wasn't really a dumbass, I just say that because I just really really really disagree with his arguments, as I'm sure you do too.
Maddie98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 10:05:50 PM
At 2/19/2015 10:01:40 PM, Liberals wrote:
At 2/19/2015 9:57:29 PM, Maddie98 wrote:

Yeah, your right, he really was lacking in his supporting arguments. I geuss he wasn't really a dumbass, I just say that because I just really really really disagree with his arguments, as I'm sure you do too.

Yeah, since I'm pro-choice for Euthanasia. :) I felt that he was lacking in support with his viewpoints on the death being premature and how it would clearly "get out of hand" and also how most terminal patients are elderly when, just because they are in hospice care, doesn't mean they have a terminal disease. They are just approaching the end of their lifespan most of the time. :o

Heaven Forbid, The Fray