Jump to topic:

huh?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:44:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
K, my step-ded was just making some juice with a juicer. He was only putting vegetables in it. I told him we should put some fruit in. He said NO, you can't mix the fruit and vegies together because of enzymes or something like it.
That sounds absolutely retarded.

What do you know?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:49:14 PM
At 7/21/2010 6:44:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
K, my step-ded was just making some juice with a juicer. He was only putting vegetables in it. I told him we should put some fruit in. He said NO, you can't mix the fruit and vegies together because of enzymes or something like it.

What do you know?

Wtf do they do with V8 fruit mix thingy? Or do they not use veggies, just disgusting stuff that makes people think it is. Most likely he's a retard like my stepdad. I'm seeing a trend with stepdads and intelligence...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:50:50 PM
My friend's dad puts a bunch of veggies together in a blender and makes it into a drink. It must taste disgusting and I say that every time I see him do it. Haha.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:51:08 PM
At 7/21/2010 6:49:14 PM, lovelife wrote:

What do you know?

Wtf do they do with V8 fruit mix thingy? Or do they not use veggies, just disgusting stuff that makes people think it is. Most likely he's a retard like my stepdad. I'm seeing a trend with stepdads and intelligence...

I think that's the case but he read it somewhere. He said it will give you a stomach ache if you mix most fruits and veggies together.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:52:39 PM
At 7/21/2010 6:51:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:

What do you know?

I think that's the case but he read it somewhere. He said it will give you a stomach ache if you mix most fruits and veggies together.

I know that fruits are generally acidic, but other than that, I can't tell you much about the acid - base scale of vegetables.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:53:38 PM

That's a second on the complete b.s.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:56:05 PM
K, I'll take your guysez words for it. I told him but now he washed the juicer and put it away :/

The juice he made is disgusting.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 6:56:14 PM
At 7/21/2010 6:50:50 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
My friend's dad puts a bunch of veggies together in a blender and makes it into a drink. It must taste disgusting and I say that every time I see him do it. Haha.

My dad made a youtube video of his mix. He puts in nuts (cause he likes nuts) and veggies, and protein powder stuff and some other stuff. He tried to make me drink it too.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 7:17:40 PM
At 7/21/2010 6:52:39 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

What do you know?

I know that fruits are generally acidic, but other than that, I can't tell you much about the acid - base scale of vegetables.

Huh?

If vegetables are acidic and you mix them with fruits, it won't get more acidic than the fruit anyway. And if vegetables are basic and you mix them with fruits, the worst that can happen is you get some water.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 7:23:16 PM
At 7/21/2010 7:17:40 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 7/21/2010 6:52:39 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

What do you know?

Huh?

If vegetables are acidic and you mix them with fruits, it won't get more acidic than the fruit anyway. And if vegetables are basic and you mix them with fruits, the worst that can happen is you get some water.

Nasty tasting water. The nasty part makes a huge difference. Normal water adding sugar helps the taste. veggie water, your just screwed.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:17:20 PM
At 7/21/2010 9:15:46 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
LOL

You can mix fruits and vegetables together. You shouldn't mix fruits with protein.

Why?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:25:28 PM
At 7/21/2010 9:17:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
LOL

You can mix fruits and vegetables together. You shouldn't mix fruits with protein.

Why?

I think the enzymes in fruits break down the protein... unless you cook the fruits to deactivate the enzymes. I vaguely remember doing an experiment in high school biology where we had to make jello with real or canned pineapple in it... the jello with real pineapple in it couldn't set.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:27:24 PM
At 7/21/2010 9:25:28 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
unless you cook the fruits to deactivate the enzymes

That sounds like a load of anal excrement to me.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:31:54 PM
At 7/21/2010 9:27:24 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
unless you cook the fruits to deactivate the enzymes

That sounds like a load of anal excrement to me.

Educate me.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:32:50 PM
LOL

Why?

I think the enzymes in fruits break down the protein... unless you cook the fruits to deactivate the enzymes. I vaguely remember doing an experiment in high school biology where we had to make jello with real or canned pineapple in it... the jello with real pineapple in it couldn't set.

you wanna break down the protein though. thats what digestion is :P

on the other hand, you need intact protein for jello to set. so i can see why that might be annoying.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2010 9:45:06 PM
At 7/21/2010 9:32:50 PM, belle wrote:
LOL

Why?

on the other hand, you need intact protein for jello to set. so i can see why that might be annoying.

Maybe it's just me then lol because it doesn't agree with me.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 5:47:16 AM
I think that's the case but he read it somewhere. He said it will give you a stomach ache if you mix most fruits and veggies together.:

Not true. I think he's confusing that with dairy products being mixed with tropical fruits, as the citric acid from fruits with a lot of vitamin C can curdle dairy products in people with weak stomachs.

Mix fruits and veggies all day. It's good for you!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 9:51:28 AM
At 7/21/2010 9:45:06 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 7/21/2010 9:32:50 PM, belle wrote:
LOL

Why?

Maybe it's just me then lol because it doesn't agree with me.

Well, who really wants to eat most half-digested foods? Baby birds aside :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 10:45:47 AM

What do you know?

Wtf do they do with V8 fruit mix thingy? Or do they not use veggies, just disgusting stuff that makes people think it is.

Drink it, lovelife - it's good for you!

If you don't like the taste of it on its own just add a slug of Worcestershire sauce. If you don't have that, add per-peri or tobasco sauce together with a little soy sauce.

F/a/o adults: add vodka and ice to the above and stir to make a delicious aperitif.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 11:42:31 AM
At 7/22/2010 10:45:47 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

What do you know?

Wtf do they do with V8 fruit mix thingy? Or do they not use veggies, just disgusting stuff that makes people think it is.

Drink it, lovelife - it's good for you!

Reason I hate health movements. It encourages people to do what their bodies naturally say "HELL NO!!" too. Like drink that nasty stuff. The healthiest think I like is broccoli and cheese sauce. I also like strawberries, butthats about it as far as healthy food. Well I do like salmon thats fish so its healthy.

If you don't like the taste of it on its own just add a slug of Worcestershire sauce. If you don't have that, add per-peri or tobasco sauce together with a little soy sauce.

I have it but its nasty. I don't see any of that making it good.

F/a/o adults: add vodka and ice to the above and stir to make a delicious aperitif.

I don't have vodka here, but I know dad has some at his house cause he made me drink it. I didn't know till after cause he mixed it with dr. pepper and told me I had to drink it. (a 1 liter bottle, not sure how much vodka was in there, but it definately tasted nasty)