Jump to topic:

What is the best age to have sex?

LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:07:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I say 20 years of age because you can't spell 19 without teen. People should wait until they are 20 to have sex and use contraception if they don't want a baby.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:09:13 PM
At 4/13/2015 8:07:45 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I say 20 years of age because you can't spell 19 without teen. People should wait until they are 20 to have sex and use contraception if they don't want a baby.

How non-arbitrary.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:11:19 PM
At 4/13/2015 8:09:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

How non-arbitrary.

Yes or no: Are you going to answer my question?
GMan7112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 10:24:38 PM
Sex should wait until marriage. When one practices abstinence, they reserve all of their time and live for one special person. It has been shown to help marriages. Also, it prevents having an unwanted pregnancy. A pregnancy outside of marriage is often considered a crisis but inside a marriage as a gift. Marriage just makes the whole thing a lot better.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 9:18:50 AM

You can still spell it in spanish: diecinueve with two cojones. :)
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 9:32:17 AM

I don't think age is a very relevant factor as long as both parties are sufficiently neurologically and psychologically developed. Rather, I think the best sex comes when you're in a close and loving relationship that has been sustained for a significant period of time (like half a year to a year?).
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 2:18:37 PM

Probably when you and your spouse are well off and can financially afford one.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
sanchitmisra1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 5:03:57 AM
Technically, the best time is after marriage.
Although, some may have before marriage to check if their sexual compatibility, that is Hard Sex or Soft Sex what is liked by the partner they are going to marry. Such that they don't feel bad of not getting the satisfaction or feel that the other is too rude during sex after they have married, and regret their decision of marrying.
TruthS4yer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 1:03:40 PM
Whenever they want post-pubescently, though as you noted, ideally with contraception. It is important to bare in mind that penetrative sex is just one among many enjoyable sexual options however.

As for abstinence and unwanted pregnancy... inadequate informative, rather than dictatorial, sex/relationship ed is a major failing of society. Kohler et al. 2008, Journal of Adolescent Health, 42(4), 344-351, DOI: 10.1016/j.jadohealth.2007.08.026:
"Adolescents who received comprehensive sex education were significantly less likely to report teen pregnancy... than those who received no formal sex education, whereas there was no significant effect of abstinence-only education".

Underhill et al. 17/10/2007, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD005421.pub2
"Results showed no indications that abstinence-only programs can reduce HIV risk as indicated by self-reported biological and behavioral outcomes. Compared to various controls, the evaluated programs consistently did not affect incidence of unprotected vaginal sex, frequency of vaginal sex, number of partners, sexual initiation, or condom use... Trials suggest that the programs are ineffective."
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 12:57:21 PM

Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:00:11 AM

Depends on what your goal from sex is. Are you attempting to impregnate somebody, then biologically it can only occur when a woman and a man are fertile enough to do so.
If it is merely for pleasure, then the most suitable time to engage in sexual activities is hen both members are educated on the consequences and risks involved in sex. Another factor to consider is that BOTH individuals, or I should say all who is involved, in sexual activities are able to reasonably and independently consent. Another factor to consider is whenever YOU are comfortable to begin sexual activities.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 12:21:35 PM
There is no best age. You should be able to accept and pay for the consequences that go with having sex. IE pay for and support the child that may result without burdening the rest of society. If you are not prepared to raise a child you are not old enough to have sex. The fact that modern science has figured out a way to prevent pregnancy is irrelevant.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Elli87e
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 4:55:13 PM
WOW. You are very very conservative in America. Its kind of fun to see. Also considering the fact that you have a lot of teen pregnancies and we don't.
We are very liberal about this in Denmark. But our society is also not controlled by religion. Seriously...try for a second to take religion out of it. Why would a mature 16 year old not have sex? Give me one good reason.
Does a magic spell suddenly fly over a 20 year old the second her birthday comes a long and THEN she is ready?

How we do it:

It is illegal to have sex with a child under 15. Unless you are 15 yourself. And if a 14 year old girl has sex with a 16 year old boy and it is consensual we do not charge the poor dude with a sex crime because the girls parents found out and made scene!!

The majority of people in Denmark have their sexual debut at the age of 16. Actually it has been like that since the 60's (long live sexual freedom).
Has that effected our society in a bad way? No. No more teen pregnancies, no more abortion, no less education. And what do you know? We are STILL the happiest people on earth.

There is no stigma about sex. We do not "slut shame" anyone. You can have sex with 3 men or 30 your worth as a human is the same.

Religion is not something we use to measure people or what people should do. Religion is never a valid argument in this debate.

Before the world looked as it does to day people had children at the age of 16. Is that a good idea? No. Is it natural. YES. That is the absolute best age to have a child when it comes to physical matters. Does that not tell you that the body is sexual? The mind is sexual at that age?

In my family we had an open talk about sex, nobody ever told me I should wait for marriage (!!?!?!) and nobody said I should wait until a certain age. Cause people are different and you can't decide on and age.

All in all I think we just have a way more open society and I do not believe there are any downsides! There are no indications that young people are having sex too early and then suffering.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 2:59:40 AM
At 8/2/2015 12:21:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
There is no best age. You should be able to accept and pay for the consequences that go with having sex. IE pay for and support the child that may result without burdening the rest of society. If you are not prepared to raise a child you are not old enough to have sex. The fact that modern science has figured out a way to prevent pregnancy is irrelevant.

consequences? LOL. Hey guess what? theres this new invention called birth control that makes those consequences very easily avoided. but I agree theres no best age. they say and I agree that men peak sooner in their enjoyment of sex. most women below the age of late 20s or so are too nervous and self-conscious when having sex for them to get full enjoyment. plus at a early age like 19 or 18 or 23 if their having sex with a guy that age he usually has no clue on how to please them and give them those multiple orgasms where their tummy gets all gooey and their thighs quiver for an hour. women probably hit their peak at around 40 for just really really getting into sex. and with guys its a little younger. this is all of course genrally speaking and theres exceptions all over the place.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 9:09:37 PM
At 8/14/2015 2:59:40 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

consequences? LOL. Hey guess what? theres this new invention called birth control that makes those consequences very easily avoided. but I agree theres no best age. they say and I agree that men peak sooner in their enjoyment of sex. most women below the age of late 20s or so are too nervous and self-conscious when having sex for them to get full enjoyment. plus at a early age like 19 or 18 or 23 if their having sex with a guy that age he usually has no clue on how to please them and give them those multiple orgasms where their tummy gets all gooey and their thighs quiver for an hour. women probably hit their peak at around 40 for just really really getting into sex. and with guys its a little younger. this is all of course genrally speaking and theres exceptions all over the place.

" theres this new invention called birth control that makes those consequences very easily avoided.' News flash, no birth control is 100% effective. Buy a clue. Only abstinence s 100% effective.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 9:16:30 PM
At 8/14/2015 9:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:

" theres this new invention called birth control that makes those consequences very easily avoided.' News flash, no birth control is 100% effective. Buy a clue. Only abstinence s 100% effective.

you need to brush up on your biology, bro. b/c pills by women have proven for several decades and millions of uses to be 99.7% effective. do the math on how many times youd need to have sex with a woman using them to have a shot at a baby. the vast majority of women who claim to have gotten knocked up while on b/c are either flat-out lying to their partner, or were not taking the pills regularly. you sound like you have been duped by that before? your wife with your last kid,maybe? she told you she was on them? LOL. sorry. she probably just didnt want to have to get a job so she squirted out another rugrat. LOL
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 9:54:23 PM
At 8/14/2015 9:16:30 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

you need to brush up on your biology, bro. b/c pills by women have proven for several decades and millions of uses to be 99.7% effective. do the math on how many times youd need to have sex with a woman using them to have a shot at a baby. the vast majority of women who claim to have gotten knocked up while on b/c are either flat-out lying to their partner, or were not taking the pills regularly. you sound like you have been duped by that before? your wife with your last kid,maybe? she told you she was on them? LOL. sorry. she probably just didnt want to have to get a job so she squirted out another rugrat. LOL

You assume the woman you are having sex with is taking birth control pills properly "As prescribed" so and that factor in when you calculate your 99.7% effective rate. Millions upon millions of pregnancies have happened because birth control pills are not used properly. "But I was on the pill she said, how did this happen?"

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 1:12:23 AM
At 8/14/2015 9:54:23 PM, sadolite wrote:

You assume the woman you are having sex with is taking birth control pills properly "As prescribed" so and that factor in when you calculate your 99.7% effective rate. Millions upon millions of pregnancies have happened because birth control pills are not used properly. "But I was on the pill she said, how did this happen?"

exactly like I said. If a woman is so dumb she cant even remember to take her BC pills than she sure doesnt seem smart enough to be a Mother. The amount of young unwed under-educated financially-unsolvent teenage mothers I see with babies really pisses me off. "Babies with babies" I call 'em.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 11:27:55 AM
At 8/15/2015 1:12:23 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

exactly like I said. If a woman is so dumb she cant even remember to take her BC pills than she sure doesnt seem smart enough to be a Mother. The amount of young unwed under-educated financially-unsolvent teenage mothers I see with babies really pisses me off. "Babies with babies" I call 'em.

You act as though you have no responsibility in the matter. The statement stands, are you prepared to accept the consequences of your actions. Are you prepared to pay for the care of a child. The fact that the woman didn't take her birth control properly doesn't release you from any responsibility.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 9:20:34 PM
At 8/15/2015 11:27:55 AM, sadolite wrote:

You act as though you have no responsibility in the matter. The statement stands, are you prepared to accept the consequences of your actions. Are you prepared to pay for the care of a child. The fact that the woman didn't take her birth control properly doesn't release you from any responsibility.

oh I have responsibility, thats why I use protection if I have sex, or make sure the woman is using bc. hasn't failed me yet in 20 years of sex. a LOT of sex. Im not sure about your last sentence. In a way I think it might absolve the male from responsibility in such a case. but Ive never had to find out so......
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 9:28:43 PM
At 8/15/2015 9:20:34 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

oh I have responsibility, thats why I use protection if I have sex, or make sure the woman is using bc. hasn't failed me yet in 20 years of sex. a LOT of sex. Im not sure about your last sentence. In a way I think it might absolve the male from responsibility in such a case. but Ive never had to find out so......

How do you figure the male is "EVER" absolved from responsibility. It takes two to tango. You try like hell to shirk responsibility for the male counter part. All of the responsibility in my opinion falls on the male for not causing an unwanted pregnancy. It is the female that gets pregnant not the male, so there fore it is 100% the males responsibility to not get the female pregnant if he is not prepared to raise a child. You can't make the female abort her baby so you can get out of your dilemma of irresponsibility. I speak in general terms for all males this is not directed at you personally.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 9:31:34 PM
At 8/15/2015 9:28:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 8/15/2015 9:20:34 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

How do you figure the male is "EVER" absolved from responsibility. It takes two to tango. You try like hell to shirk responsibility for the male counter part. All of the responsibility in my opinion falls on the male for not causing an unwanted pregnancy. It is the female that gets pregnant not the male, so there fore it is 100% the males responsibility to not get the female pregnant if he is not prepared to raise a child. You can't make the female abort her baby so you can get out of your dilemma of irresponsibility. I speak in general terms for all males this is not directed at you personally.

yeah I know your not speaking at me only, and thats cool. I also admire your sense or responsibility. really. the country needs more who think like you, I am sick to death of seeing unwed young mommies where the Dad bailed on her and the kid. I do agree its a two-way street. God Bless.
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:44:51 PM
At 4/21/2015 9:32:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

I don't think age is a very relevant factor as long as both parties are sufficiently neurologically and psychologically developed. Rather, I think the best sex comes when you're in a close and loving relationship that has been sustained for a significant period of time (like half a year to a year?).

Personally I have found that the best sex comes on the first date.

But to date like this you should be college age or older, and making significant progress towards qualification for a career or job.

Teens should not be boinking. They should be studying their candy azzes off to get into college or trade school so they can support themselves and a family.

Frat boyz and sorority girlies who waste their time on boozing and sex without studying in college make nasty bedfellows.