Brain

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:56:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/26/2015 10:10:00 AM, Unbelievable.Time wrote:
Any nutritious food that is overall healthy to the brain?

Oh yeah, baby. You bet. I call 'em "SuperFoods."

My ex-wife #2 was a full-on Vegan. One of the few good things I learned from her was some nutritional knowledge. To this day, about four years later, I am still a vegetarian.

It's all about TWO things: Get as many anti-oxidants as you can into your diet. And also, go very easy on the sugar, alcohol, and red meat.

Anti-oxidants are key, as they are basically tiny little "Free Radical Hunter/Killers." FR's are unstable molecules in your body--and brain!--that lack an oxygen atom on their outer orbits. So they go around robbing other oxygen molecules. This is the primary reason we age. We rust! In a matter of speaking.

Here is a good little list of some "Smart Foods".............

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
christylusia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 12:34:18 AM

These are all some nutrutious foods which is healthy to our brain they are Broccoli,Cauliflower,Crab,lueberries
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:41:48 AM
Yes, and it quite simple: diversity of foods. There isn't one food exclusively that will yield extraordinary results, but in conjuncture with a multitude of diverse other foods, a plethora so to speak, the results and benefits are remarkable.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 8:13:49 AM
Diversity is sensible to cover possible needs.
There is a huge plethora of dietry advice often with little or no scientific backing.
Even scientists keep changing their minds . I suspect in the wealthy nations diet is pretty good as life expectancy shows.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 2:49:39 AM
At 6/28/2015 8:56:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

My ex-wife #2 was a full-on Vegan. One of the few good things I learned from her was some nutritional knowledge. To this day, about four years later, I am still a vegetarian.

It's all about TWO things: Get as many anti-oxidants as you can into your diet. And also, go very easy on the sugar, alcohol, and red meat.

Anti-oxidants are key, as they are basically tiny little "Free Radical Hunter/Killers." FR's are unstable molecules in your body--and brain!--that lack an oxygen atom on their outer orbits. So they go around robbing other oxygen molecules. This is the primary reason we age. We rust! In a matter of speaking.

Hey Saint!! (Some say your my alter ego!) I know. you should come here and tell these idiots what the deal is.

But yes I agree about the anti-oxidants too. I dont think theres one true, best brain food but that its a combination of thing we can do for our brain AND bodies, as they're connected. A healthy brain is needed for a healthy body.

Basically we have to beware of the food additives and the processed stuff. The excess fat and sugar. HFCS. A lot of the veggies and fruits are good--for those anti-oxidents. I have heard the brighter in color the more anti-ox's they have. they are called photo-nutrients. Lots of water and hydration is key as well, The brain IS mostly water. As is the Body. Exercise. Booze not at all or in moderation. No tobacco products. And like any muscle use it or lose it. (i know the brains not a muscle, duh.) But the same thing applies: exercise it. Arts; a new language; reading; puzzles; games; and MORE exercise. No silver bullet answer here for the Brain! But a multi-prong approach to insure good health.

God Bless. do Saints need that? LOL. also where does your name come from?
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 9:15:14 PM
At 9/2/2015 2:49:39 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 6/28/2015 8:56:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Hey Saint!! (Some say your my alter ego!) I know. you should come here and tell these idiots what the deal is.

But yes I agree about the anti-oxidants too. I dont think theres one true, best brain food but that its a combination of thing we can do for our brain AND bodies, as they're connected. A healthy brain is needed for a healthy body.

Basically we have to beware of the food additives and the processed stuff. The excess fat and sugar. HFCS. A lot of the veggies and fruits are good--for those anti-oxidents. I have heard the brighter in color the more anti-ox's they have. they are called photo-nutrients. Lots of water and hydration is key as well, The brain IS mostly water. As is the Body. Exercise. Booze not at all or in moderation. No tobacco products. And like any muscle use it or lose it. (i know the brains not a muscle, duh.) But the same thing applies: exercise it. Arts; a new language; reading; puzzles; games; and MORE exercise. No silver bullet answer here for the Brain! But a multi-prong approach to insure good health.

God Bless. do Saints need that? LOL. also where does your name come from?

(:
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth