Jump to topic:

Me and my Joint...

thisoneguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2010 5:17:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I smoked for 40 years, I had no self control whatsoever, one year around 2002 I started to hand roll em like Joints to wind up a few folk, snotty people who had a tendency to frown at you if they couldn't see their face reflecting from the soles of your shoes

Anyway I grew to love the look of them,and the rolling of them, I would take my time get it right then take a picture, before I knew it the house walls were covered with these works of art.
I especially enjoyed the stir caused when I openly rolled them in non smoking areas, like when in the public swimming pool, on aeroplanes, and in hospitals, taxi's the doctors surgery,police stations when pretending to require directions, and the dentist whilst waiting for the hygienist, the forecourts of filling stations to hurry the queue along, they were a quality ice breaker, you've no idea the people that came up to me for a chat, which soon turned into a lecture, I was caught rolling one in the health club sauna , and to cut a long story short I ended up getting the manager sacked for rolling them for me when I had blisters. it didn't look too good for him with two hundred hand rolled on the reception desk and him sitting behind a mountain of shag when the owners wife walked in closely followed by a rather large group of potential new cash paying members.

I smoked 100+ before I got out of bed, when I say I smoked,
I really did smoke, in fact my smoking habit, ?.. OK then my compulsive smoking addiction, was so heavy I had to wear a Tag and report daily to my local fire station so the chief could check my lighters were safely locked up in a cage, I actually used a supermarket trolley with a lid and would tow it with the wheelchair that I was planning to power from the gasses I created. I do hope your getting the picture here, I WAS A MOBILE FIRE HAZARD ! I was making big money selling my dog ends every week on the net, pay-pal was even buying them from me

Here's where the real story begins, and this is true,
I woke up one morning and decided enough was enough, so I immediately proceeded to get rid of all my baccy, lighters, papers tips, cig holders, fire blankets, respirators, buckets, sorry ash trays, Pheww, inhalers, prescriptions, bank statements , loan applications, medication, smoking jackets, matches, etc, and never once wanted another cig since, not one. I still can't believe it !

Everybody was almost as much taken aback as my personal full time bin man,who I made redundant as he pulled into the car park with the new regulation fire extinguishers,
That was now a year ago on the 18Th of this month, without the help of patches, chewing gum,hypnotising, acupuncture, councilors, the Samaritans,straight jackets, tranquilizers.

So what I want to ask is how much have they gone up in price, because I'm thinking of starting again lol.,,, No,,only jesting.
Has anyone here got a story to share or a comment to make relating to addictions

Although I've tried to add humor to my story, I did just unexpectedly stop one morning after being a really heavy smoker for forty years, I lost the desire.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 10:33:50 AM
Then why ask how much rolling paper is? Look it up on Google or go to the store and find out for yourself...
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 10:36:34 AM
Yeah... same question still applies. Why not go to the store and look? Or look online? Most people don't roll their own cigarettes, and most people here don't smoke... so I'd say asking here is kinda pointless. Not to mention tobacco prices vary by location greatly.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 11:20:27 AM
At 8/17/2010 10:38:29 AM, badger wrote:
i don't think the point of his post was to find out how much tobacco costs...

Lol, then what was it? I clearly missed it...
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 11:21:34 AM
At 8/17/2010 11:20:27 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 8/17/2010 10:38:29 AM, badger wrote:
i don't think the point of his post was to find out how much tobacco costs...

Lol, then what was it? I clearly missed it...

i think he just wants us to share our stories of addiction with him... and that was his.
signature
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 2:17:52 AM
I've been struggling to quit the durries for a while now it's a c@nt of an addiction. I'm a roll your own man myself, it's way cheaper and more natural. To answer ur question I pay $25AUD for a 30g pouch.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 10:25:54 PM
At 8/18/2010 2:17:52 AM, leet4A1 wrote:
I've been struggling to quit the durries for a while now it's a c@nt of an addiction. I'm a roll your own man myself, it's way cheaper and more natural. To answer ur question I pay $25AUD for a 30g pouch.

jesus. is that a joke? even for a more expensive brand here its like 10 bucks for a 40g pouch. do they tax it like 200%??
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 3:22:19 AM
At 8/18/2010 10:25:54 PM, belle wrote:

jesus. is that a joke? even for a more expensive brand here its like 10 bucks for a 40g pouch. do they tax it like 200%??

Lol, I don't joke about such serious matters. ;)

I don't know the figure but I know it is the most highly taxed product in Australia. I suppose that's the price we pay for free health care and university. :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:07:31 AM
At 8/19/2010 3:22:19 AM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 8/18/2010 10:25:54 PM, belle wrote:

Lol, I don't joke about such serious matters. ;)

I don't know the figure but I know it is the most highly taxed product in Australia. I suppose that's the price we pay for free health care and university. :D

Free university? Screw canada I'm going to Australia and I'm taking kitty too
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:48:58 PM
At 8/17/2010 10:23:55 AM, theLwerd wrote:
... Average price is 20 bucks a gram.

Dang? Inflation? Back when I was a young wipper snapper it was 25 for a nickle.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 11:18:52 PM
At 9/8/2010 7:48:58 PM, jharry wrote:

We're winning the War on Drugs, havn't you heard?.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 7:44:44 AM
At 9/8/2010 11:18:52 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:

Really, if a j had been that much I would have just switched to meth;). j/k. Yeah, were winning all right.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 12:22:05 PM
At 9/9/2010 7:44:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 9/8/2010 11:18:52 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:

Really, if a j had been that much I would have just switched to meth;). j/k. Yeah, were winning all right.

[Insert Rant]
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.