Jump to topic:

Are diet foods better for you?

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 12:53:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Many foods come in diet, with less calories, or no calories at all. These brands claim that lower calories are not bad for you, or no calories at all. Is this really true?

Would a 200 cal salad be worse for you than a zero cal soda?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:56:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/14/2015 12:53:11 PM, Hayd wrote:
Many foods come in diet, with less calories, or no calories at all. These brands claim that lower calories are not bad for you, or no calories at all. Is this really true?

Would a 200 cal salad be worse for you than a zero cal soda?

I had to read your topic and post twice to comprehend what is is your asking. Your asking if diet products, such as diet coke, is more ideal than the inverse. Before I answer I have a question for you. What do mean by, "better for you?"

If you are referring to the impact these products may have on your health, diet products are essentially worthless. They are marketed and targeted for a specific person, and that person is the weight loss individual. But if you are referring to weight loss goals, then diet products 'should' (should be avoided completely is possible) be the product to purchase. There are two aspects to consider; health and THEN weight loss. The former is often times sacrificed to enhance the latter. And diet products are one example that people deceive themselves thinking that a calorie free product must be beneficial AND assists in weight loss. Another example to consider is fat reduced and fat free milk (albeit I recommend minimizing dairy). Removing the fat removes caloric value, hence providing an incentive to purchase fat free milk. Diet sodas remove the calories (sugar content), thusly rendering the product as calorie free.

"But at what cost?", we undoubtedly ask ourselves. I implore you to research the substances that are added to provide flavor enhancements for diet products. I would recommend abstaining from sodas as frequently as possible, if your interested in your well being. Asking what is better or worse for you implies that you are interested in your well being, which is fantastic.