Jump to topic:

Are diet foods better for you?

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 12:53:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Many foods come in diet, with less calories, or no calories at all. These brands claim that lower calories are not bad for you, or no calories at all. Is this really true?

Would a 200 cal salad be worse for you than a zero cal soda?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:56:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/14/2015 12:53:11 PM, Hayd wrote:
Many foods come in diet, with less calories, or no calories at all. These brands claim that lower calories are not bad for you, or no calories at all. Is this really true?

I had to read your topic and post twice to comprehend what is is your asking. Your asking if diet products, such as diet coke, is more ideal than the inverse. Before I answer I have a question for you. What do mean by, "better for you?"

If you are referring to the impact these products may have on your health, diet products are essentially worthless. They are marketed and targeted for a specific person, and that person is the weight loss individual. But if you are referring to weight loss goals, then diet products 'should' (should be avoided completely is possible) be the product to purchase. There are two aspects to consider; health and THEN weight loss. The former is often times sacrificed to enhance the latter. And diet products are one example that people deceive themselves thinking that a calorie free product must be beneficial AND assists in weight loss. Another example to consider is fat reduced and fat free milk (albeit I recommend minimizing dairy). Removing the fat removes caloric value, hence providing an incentive to purchase fat free milk. Diet sodas remove the calories (sugar content), thusly rendering the product as calorie free.

"But at what cost?", we undoubtedly ask ourselves. I implore you to research the substances that are added to provide flavor enhancements for diet products. I would recommend abstaining from sodas as frequently as possible, if your interested in your well being. Asking what is better or worse for you implies that you are interested in your well being, which is fantastic.
nataliedana
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 9:57:38 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Some Healthy foods I can consider staples in my lifestyle would be:

Organic Oats (Oatmeal is High In Fiber and Protein, also fun to mix up with powders, fruits, dark chocolates and more!)
Superfoods (Acai Berries, Maca Powder, Wheat Grass, Spirluna. All have been known for wonderful benefits from increase in energy and being awake, aiding in weight loss, control of hunger, and additional vitamins)
Quinoa ( One of the rare full complete protein foods out there without meat, To make it even more effective add in some SWEET POTATOES another great food to have, also a great source of carbs, containing beta carotene and proteins.)
Vegetables & Fruits (Bannanas, Spinach, Kale, Asparagus, Berries, Are all filled with proteins, vitamins, rich enzymes, and aid in digestion with fibers and many more benefits. Also ensure you are eating enough fruits and vegetables throughout the day.)
Natalie Dana | SweetFitnessHacks.com
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 8:59:48 PM
At 5/4/2017 9:57:38 AM, nataliedana wrote:
Some Healthy foods I can consider staples in my lifestyle would be:

Organic Oats (Oatmeal is High In Fiber and Protein, also fun to mix up with powders, fruits, dark chocolates and more!)
Superfoods (Acai Berries, Maca Powder, Wheat Grass, Spirluna. All have been known for wonderful benefits from increase in energy and being awake, aiding in weight loss, control of hunger, and additional vitamins)
Quinoa ( One of the rare full complete protein foods out there without meat, To make it even more effective add in some SWEET POTATOES another great food to have, also a great source of carbs, containing beta carotene and proteins.)
Vegetables & Fruits (Bannanas, Spinach, Kale, Asparagus, Berries, Are all filled with proteins, vitamins, rich enzymes, and aid in digestion with fibers and many more benefits. Also ensure you are eating enough fruits and vegetables throughout the day.)

Maca powder is actually a sexual booster, it comes from Peru. When I turn 60 I will need a gread deal of this food. lol.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2017 2:37:10 AM
At 7/14/2015 12:53:11 PM, Hayd wrote:

Never buy "diet" foods as they are mostly worthless and needlessly expensive. Low calorie means low energy and if you exercise you need calories to burn. You can eat more than usual as you will be hungrier the more active you get. If you don't eat with your regime you will lose weight but not gain any benefit as your muscles will atrophy and your body will begin to ingest itself.

Foods like potatoes and sweet potatoes should be avoided as they are mostly slow starch's and water. Green leafy veg and different coloured salad and veg are essential as they are packed with different vitamins and minerals. The difference between a stick of celery and a stick of rhubarb is not just colour. 50gms of Kale is healthier than 100gms of cabbage. You need to eat 450gms of carrots to get the same amount of beta carotene you would get from 50gms of red bell pepper.
The problem with dieting is to give your body enough of what it needs when it needs it. Dieting=exercise=calories. Fruit=fructose=fast sugar and is ideal for exercise as it releases calories quickly into the digestive system and literally gives you energy to burn. Protein=meat=muscle to replace fat cells with healthier tissue and help sculpt your body to your designs.

What you should do at the outset is to find out what someone your size is supposed to be, taken as an average. I am 3ins shorter than the average Englishman so I tailor my food portions to take this in to account. Buy sugar-free gum for when you get extra hungry as your saliva, as you chew, will stop you being hungry.
HEALTH WARNING!. Contact with WYLTED can damage your brain.
ShabShoral is beneath notice.
Beehelp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2017 10:41:07 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
The more is written on a package, the less useful the stuff inside might be. Don't trust all this modern marketing tricks