Jump to topic:

Near Death Expirience

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 7:32:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So... what constitutes this? I will leave it up to the DDO collective to determine, but... please relate your circumstance regardless of what you think of mine:

I had a "heart" issue for a while. It technically wasn't a heart issue so much as the tissue around the heart that allows for smooth beating, so, I of course went to a walk in. The walk in hooks me up to their machines, sees something they consider an anomaly, and due to inexperience with the situation, misdiagnose. They, with that misunderstanding, think I am suffering a heart attack. No. Me, being even worse for info than they were, accept the diagnosis, and treatment while paramedics are summoned. They give me some Bayer and Nitro pills.

For those not medically inclined, Nitro pills are a vascular dilator. When having heart attack, vascular dilation is great, it enables a blockage to get temporary relief, but... if healthy and not blocked, you have just put a chemically induced strain on your heart to keep up blood pressure with no immediate reason to do so. IE, your heart has no clue as to why its calm pumping rate isn't doing the job. The "job" is keeping you conscious. Due to the drop in blood pressure, tunnel vision set in, and despite my information to the orderlies on duty ("Dude, I am about to pass out...") ca-thunk, to low a blood pressure means the brain is not able to function, and FJustice is out like a light.

Is that considered a "near death" experience"? I ask because it took alternate stimuli to pull me back from my low BP induced hallucination (as cool as it was), to get normal cognizance back.

Thoughts?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:36:19 PM
At 8/17/2015 7:32:25 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
So... what constitutes this? I will leave it up to the DDO collective to determine, but... please relate your circumstance regardless of what you think of mine:

I had a "heart" issue for a while. It technically wasn't a heart issue so much as the tissue around the heart that allows for smooth beating, so, I of course went to a walk in. The walk in hooks me up to their machines, sees something they consider an anomaly, and due to inexperience with the situation, misdiagnose. They, with that misunderstanding, think I am suffering a heart attack. No. Me, being even worse for info than they were, accept the diagnosis, and treatment while paramedics are summoned. They give me some Bayer and Nitro pills.

For those not medically inclined, Nitro pills are a vascular dilator. When having heart attack, vascular dilation is great, it enables a blockage to get temporary relief, but... if healthy and not blocked, you have just put a chemically induced strain on your heart to keep up blood pressure with no immediate reason to do so. IE, your heart has no clue as to why its calm pumping rate isn't doing the job. The "job" is keeping you conscious. Due to the drop in blood pressure, tunnel vision set in, and despite my information to the orderlies on duty ("Dude, I am about to pass out...") ca-thunk, to low a blood pressure means the brain is not able to function, and FJustice is out like a light.

Is that considered a "near death" experience"? I ask because it took alternate stimuli to pull me back from my low BP induced hallucination (as cool as it was), to get normal cognizance back.

Thoughts?

Normally in a near death experience, you actually die, meet with messengers on the other side, are sent back, and return to life.

Tunnel vision is no big deal. Anytime your brain gets deprived of oxygen you are going to pop into tunnel vision and black-and-white.

Excessive alcohol consumption can give you tunnel vision.

Scuba diving can give you tunnel vision.

Centrifugal force can give you tunnel vision.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:52:25 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:36:19 PM, riveroaks wrote:

Thoughts?

Normally in a near death experience, you actually die, meet with messengers on the other side, are sent back, and return to life.

"Normally"?

Tunnel vision is no big deal. Anytime your brain gets deprived of oxygen you are going to pop into tunnel vision and black-and-white.

"Anytime your brain gets deprived of oxygen you are going to pop into tunnel vision and black-and-white."

Isn't that what "dying" is? Brain being deprived of oxygen?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 6:22:54 AM
At 8/17/2015 10:52:25 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Thoughts?

"Normally"?

"Anytime your brain gets deprived of oxygen you are going to pop into tunnel vision and black-and-white."

You weren't dead.

Trust me.

You were just losing consciousness.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 6:51:36 AM

Thoughts?

Not a near-death experience. Takes alternative stimuli to pull anyone out from unconsciousness (generally).
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 11:08:08 AM
At 8/19/2015 6:51:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Thoughts?

Not a near-death experience. Takes alternative stimuli to pull anyone out from unconsciousness (generally).

Smelling salts?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 11:09:35 AM
At 8/19/2015 6:22:54 AM, riveroaks wrote:
At 8/17/2015 10:52:25 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Thoughts?

"Normally"?

You weren't dead.

Trust me.

You were just losing consciousness.

Well, yeah, I wasn't dead, that's why I am curious about a "near" death experience, is all.

This provokes the question of what you consider to be a near death experience, though.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 7:15:17 PM
At 8/19/2015 11:08:08 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 8/19/2015 6:51:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Thoughts?

Smelling salts?

An example. I was more thinking along the lines of increasing the bloodflow to the brain by elevating the legs above your head, but I suppose that's also a way.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...