Jump to topic:

Soylent

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:24:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Soylent is, in essence, an engineered food replacement. It's available in both powdered form (the original, which I've had good experiences with - I went through a full week of it with no problem) and the newer pre-mixed form, which I'm going to try now.

I've just received 60 bottles of Soylent, or, assuming I stick to my 1200 cal per day diet, 15 days worth of food. I intend to eat nothing but Soylent and drink nothing but water so as to preserve the integrity of my results. In order to account for the fact that Soylent's nutritional composition is based around the idea of a 2000 cal diet, I'll also be taking multivitamins as supplements.

Link: https://www.soylent.com...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:32:36 AM
This is not good for you. It's been 5 years since I took AP Bio, but I remember finding that too much soy has a direct causal relation with damaging your ability to correctly process foods. It has something to do with soy chemical configuration doing something to this thing in your throat. I'm really fuzzy on the details, but you should stick with a normal, balanced diet of multiple food groups.
Senpai has noticed you.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:59:52 AM
At 10/15/2015 3:32:36 AM, Beginner wrote:
This is not good for you. It's been 5 years since I took AP Bio, but I remember finding that too much soy has a direct causal relation with damaging your ability to correctly process foods. It has something to do with soy chemical configuration doing something to this thing in your throat. I'm really fuzzy on the details, but you should stick with a normal, balanced diet of multiple food groups.

Citation needed, I suppose.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 4:17:10 AM
I love Rob Rhinehart so much: http://www.businessinsider.com...

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2015 4:25:01 PM
At 10/15/2015 3:59:52 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 10/15/2015 3:32:36 AM, Beginner wrote:

Citation needed, I suppose.

I've just remembered.. a little bit.
Thyroid hormones regulate metabolism. A pure soy diet affects the thyroid gland and the production of thyroid hormones. Something about the configuration of some molecule stuffs. I don't remember very much (it's been 4 years heh)
The condition is called hypothyroidism. You could probably find something about it google or something.
Senpai has noticed you.