Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Smoothies

Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nobody cares about the Health forum, so I'm just going to say what I've been dying to say for years now and never had the courage to admit, to myself or my loved ones:

I love smoothies.

God dammit all, that feels good to say out loud.

I used to be a soda guy (or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's), but that's basically poison in a can and incredibly expensive over time. I've slowly switched to smoothies and they are amazing.

I change it up but my recipe of choice:
1/2 Frozen banana
4 strawberries
2 blackberries (no more or the drink will be overpowered)
1/2 cup spinach
3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 7:24:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Recipe #2:
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 kiwi
1/2 cup lemonade

This one is pretty tart, so brace yourself, no one.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 8:08:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This one's from the wife!

Recipe #3
frozen mango pieces
Kale
Matcha powder (a.k.a. green tea)
vanilla greek yogurt
almond milk

Quantities are to taste. Enjoy, no one.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 8:29:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Nobody cares about the Health forum, so I'm just going to say what I've been dying to say for years now and never had the courage to admit, to myself or my loved ones:

I love smoothies.

God dammit all, that feels good to say out loud.

I used to be a soda guy (or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's), but that's basically poison in a can and incredibly expensive over time. I've slowly switched to smoothies and they are amazing.

I change it up but my recipe of choice:
1/2 Frozen banana
4 strawberries
2 blackberries (no more or the drink will be overpowered)
1/2 cup spinach
3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice

I moderate the health forum.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 3:30:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/19/2015 8:29:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Nobody cares about the Health forum, so I'm just going to say what I've been dying to say for years now and never had the courage to admit, to myself or my loved ones:

I love smoothies.

God dammit all, that feels good to say out loud.

I used to be a soda guy (or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's), but that's basically poison in a can and incredibly expensive over time. I've slowly switched to smoothies and they are amazing.

I change it up but my recipe of choice:
1/2 Frozen banana
4 strawberries
2 blackberries (no more or the drink will be overpowered)
1/2 cup spinach
3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice

I moderate the health forum.

Cool.

Do you like smoothies? They're kind of what everyone is talking about around here.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 3:40:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't know what's more hilarious - this thread or the fact that it's surrounded by a bunch of (other) nonsense threads.

I'm glad I got you away from... POP. Think of how lovely our mornings will be as we drink tea (or smoothies) on the balcony, watching the sunrise. It's not as picturesque with a Coke in your hand.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 7:48:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/19/2015 3:30:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/19/2015 8:29:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Nobody cares about the Health forum, so I'm just going to say what I've been dying to say for years now and never had the courage to admit, to myself or my loved ones:

I love smoothies.

God dammit all, that feels good to say out loud.

I used to be a soda guy (or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's), but that's basically poison in a can and incredibly expensive over time. I've slowly switched to smoothies and they are amazing.

I change it up but my recipe of choice:
1/2 Frozen banana
4 strawberries
2 blackberries (no more or the drink will be overpowered)
1/2 cup spinach
3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice

I moderate the health forum.

Cool.

Do you like smoothies? They're kind of what everyone is talking about around here.

I posted that in regards to the "Nobody cares about the Health forum"

Anyways, yes, I like strawberry and banana smoothies, but I also take kale shots.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:02:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/19/2015 3:40:40 PM, lamerde wrote:
I don't know what's more hilarious - this thread or the fact that it's surrounded by a bunch of (other) nonsense threads.

Hatersayswhat?

I'm glad I got you away from... POP. Think of how lovely our mornings will be as we drink tea (or smoothies) on the balcony, watching the sunrise. It's not as picturesque with a Coke in your hand.

You've got me drinking tea, too. Even when you're not around! I sicken myself.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:04:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/19/2015 7:48:18 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/19/2015 3:30:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/19/2015 8:29:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Nobody cares about the Health forum, so I'm just going to say what I've been dying to say for years now and never had the courage to admit, to myself or my loved ones:

I love smoothies.

God dammit all, that feels good to say out loud.

I used to be a soda guy (or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's), but that's basically poison in a can and incredibly expensive over time. I've slowly switched to smoothies and they are amazing.

I change it up but my recipe of choice:
1/2 Frozen banana
4 strawberries
2 blackberries (no more or the drink will be overpowered)
1/2 cup spinach
3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice

I moderate the health forum.

Cool.

Do you like smoothies? They're kind of what everyone is talking about around here.

I posted that in regards to the "Nobody cares about the Health forum"

I see. So, can you sticky this thread? I feel like this information would be valuable for new members.

Anyways, yes, I like strawberry and banana smoothies, but I also take kale shots.

Is a kale shot just straight kale? I feel like that's too advanced for me. I'm proud of myself for just including protein powder sometimes.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 12:16:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2015 12:04:12 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:48:18 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/19/2015 3:30:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/19/2015 8:29:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Nobody cares about the Health forum, so I'm just going to say what I've been dying to say for years now and never had the courage to admit, to myself or my loved ones:

I love smoothies.

God dammit all, that feels good to say out loud.

I used to be a soda guy (or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's), but that's basically poison in a can and incredibly expensive over time. I've slowly switched to smoothies and they are amazing.

I change it up but my recipe of choice:
1/2 Frozen banana
4 strawberries
2 blackberries (no more or the drink will be overpowered)
1/2 cup spinach
3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice

I moderate the health forum.

Cool.

Do you like smoothies? They're kind of what everyone is talking about around here.

I posted that in regards to the "Nobody cares about the Health forum"

I see. So, can you sticky this thread? I feel like this information would be valuable for new members.

Umm, that's okay.

Anyways, yes, I like strawberry and banana smoothies, but I also take kale shots.

Is a kale shot just straight kale? I feel like that's too advanced for me. I'm proud of myself for just including protein powder sometimes.

Yeah, pretty much.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 2:03:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru
(or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's),

We use the word pop more often in Canada
"I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger."
-Brontoraptor
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 6:06:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've had an overwhelming number of requests to continue this thread, so here is recipe #...3, I think?

Recipe
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1 chilled (not frozen) orange

This is a more straightforward drink, good for a morning or pre-run smoothie. Drink hardy, no one!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 6:07:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2015 2:03:33 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru
(or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's),

We use the word pop more often in Canada

That is madness. Do you call it soda pop or just pop? Are they all pop or do you call some of them cola?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 6:07:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2015 3:14:38 AM, AbuJarir wrote:
I like Chai :D

I think the wife tried to get me onto that at one point but I have my limits.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 6:44:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/24/2015 6:07:05 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/20/2015 2:03:33 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/19/2015 7:02:53 AM, Maikuru
(or a pop guy, for anyone still living in the 1920's),

We use the word pop more often in Canada

That is madness. Do you call it soda pop or just pop? Are they all pop or do you call some of them cola?

We just say pop, occasionally the word soda
"I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger."
-Brontoraptor
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 6:57:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Feeling stressed? I always find a nice smoothie calms me down.

Recipe #4
1/2 frozen banana
3 heaping tablespoons of vanilla greek yogurt
2 full oranges
1/4th cup blueberries
Chill to taste
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:11:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 6:57:46 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Feeling stressed? I always find a nice smoothie calms me down.

Recipe #4
1/2 frozen banana
3 heaping tablespoons of vanilla greek yogurt
2 full oranges
1/4th cup blueberries
Chill to taste

Everyone could do with a smoothie right now.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:23:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Went grocery shopping today and got all smoothie'd up. This week's new ingredient: mangos! Stay tuned, no one!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 4:26:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, I've got some bad news. The mangos went bad. They completely slipped my mind. I apologize to everyone out there who was looking forward to hearing about my new smoothie adventures and experiments. I honestly don't know what to say.

In lighter news, I've received quite a few emails, letters, and phone calls with smoothie-related questions and concerns. There are too many for me to respond to them all, so I'll sift through them and compile them into a post later this week.

Till then, stay smooth...ie.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 4:33:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2016 4:26:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Well, I've got some bad news. The mangos went bad. They completely slipped my mind. I apologize to everyone out there who was looking forward to hearing about my new smoothie adventures and experiments. I honestly don't know what to say.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 4:52:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2016 4:33:58 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 1/9/2016 4:26:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Well, I've got some bad news. The mangos went bad. They completely slipped my mind. I apologize to everyone out there who was looking forward to hearing about my new smoothie adventures and experiments. I honestly don't know what to say.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com...

To you and all my other followers, please don't do harm to yourself or others over this news! I'm heading to the grocery store tomorrow to remedy this situation.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 4:55:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2016 4:52:16 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 1/9/2016 4:33:58 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 1/9/2016 4:26:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Well, I've got some bad news. The mangos went bad. They completely slipped my mind. I apologize to everyone out there who was looking forward to hearing about my new smoothie adventures and experiments. I honestly don't know what to say.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com...

To you and all my other followers, please don't do harm to yourself or others over this news! I'm heading to the grocery store tomorrow to remedy this situation.

http://26.media.tumblr.com...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 12:57:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've recently switched over to strawberry yogurt.

Two words: game changer.

Updates to follow. Till then, stay smooth...ie.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 1:04:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2016 4:26:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Well, I've got some bad news. The mangos went bad. They completely slipped my mind. I apologize to everyone out there who was looking forward to hearing about my new smoothie adventures and experiments. I honestly don't know what to say.

In lighter news, I've received quite a few emails, letters, and phone calls with smoothie-related questions and concerns. There are too many for me to respond to them all, so I'll sift through them and compile them into a post later this week.

Till then, stay smooth...ie.

http://oi63.tinypic.com...
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 1:05:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2016 1:04:07 AM, lamerde wrote:
At 1/9/2016 4:26:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Well, I've got some bad news. The mangos went bad. They completely slipped my mind. I apologize to everyone out there who was looking forward to hearing about my new smoothie adventures and experiments. I honestly don't know what to say.

In lighter news, I've received quite a few emails, letters, and phone calls with smoothie-related questions and concerns. There are too many for me to respond to them all, so I'll sift through them and compile them into a post later this week.

Till then, stay smooth...ie.

http://oi63.tinypic.com...

I'm sorry, but do you have any smoothie-related questions or comments?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 1:09:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What makes a smoothie different from a milkshake or blended frap?
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 1:11:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2016 1:09:06 AM, lamerde wrote:
What makes a smoothie different from a milkshake or blended frap?

Excellent question! There are a few different schools of thought on this, but in a pinch, use my rule of thumb: smoothies are what I drink and the topic of this thread.

Thanks for your question and stay smooth...ie!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 3:25:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I had a smoothie from a local sandwich shop today. The experience was underwhelming to say the least, which inspired me to create a new segment to the thread: "Smoother or Loser," where I review smoothies from local establishments.

The first review will be up soon! Till then, stay smooth...ie!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
lamerde
Posts: 1,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 4:52:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What are your thoughts on no-yogurt smoothies? Or is that just too blasphemous to contemplate?
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...