Jump to topic:

Truth of masturbating?

BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 12:09:16 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
So I am hearing all of these different claims about masturbation. (If you don't like talking about this stuff then turn back now)

For people who say that you shouldn't do it, they claim that masturbating can increase risk of prostate cancer, which can lead to your death.

For the other side that supports masturbating, they say that masturbating decreases risk of prostate cancer and other diseases because it can clean out the bad cells that give you diseases.

So which is it?
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 5:15:21 PM
At 1/1/2016 12:09:16 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
So I am hearing all of these different claims about masturbation. (If you don't like talking about this stuff then turn back now)

For people who say that you shouldn't do it, they claim that masturbating can increase risk of prostate cancer, which can lead to your death.

For the other side that supports masturbating, they say that masturbating decreases risk of prostate cancer and other diseases because it can clean out the bad cells that give you diseases.

So which is it?

Probably neither. There are a lot of general health factors other than masturbatory practices that would have to be considered.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 5:25:09 PM
At 1/4/2016 5:15:21 PM, Robkwoods wrote:

So which is it?

Probably neither. There are a lot of general health factors other than masturbatory practices that would have to be considered.

I found out the hard way it can give you ingrown hair.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 5:56:16 PM
At 1/4/2016 5:25:09 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

So which is it?

Interesting, never heard that one before. Maybe try a new lube.
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 1:35:28 AM
At 1/4/2016 5:56:16 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 1/4/2016 5:25:09 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

So which is it?

Interesting, never heard that one before. Maybe try a new lube.

I don't use it.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 9:08:27 PM
Posted: 10 months ago

So which is it?

https://www.reddit.com...
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 9:17:01 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/11/2016 9:08:27 PM, Geogeer wrote:

So which is it?

lol https://www.reddit.com...
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
ListLess
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:35:22 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 1/11/2016 9:17:01 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:08:27 PM, Geogeer wrote:

So which is it?

lol https://www.reddit.com...

Even if it reduces cancer risk, I can't imagine its healthy for the mind
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 7:16:23 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
If masturbation gave you prostate cancer, more than 17% of males would have it. It would be more like 97% of males.
President of DDO
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:14:14 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 5/25/2016 7:16:23 PM, Danielle wrote:
If masturbation gave you prostate cancer, more than 17% of males would have it. It would be more like 97% of males.

How rude and stupid can you be?

There are billions of women who masturbate too, not just men.

Not all men are horny. Not all men are perverts!

Not all men masturbate because a lot of men are ASEXUAL/disgusted by sex!

Please use your common sense and shut up when you're just going to say something rude, prejudiced, and ignorant!

It's people like you who are the problem. People like you are the reason why I'm so depressed and suicidal!
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 6:12:22 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
According to WebMD: "Frequent masturbation in young men is linked to higher risk of early prostate cancer, but it lowers prostate cancer risk for men in their 50s, a study shows. High levels of male sex hormones, or androgens, may increase a man's risk of prostate cancer."
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 9:18:52 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
What harms the prostate is having sex or masturbate in an irregular basis. That is if you either have sex or masturbate three times a week, and suddenly you do it three times a day, then that would harm for sure. The same is if you slown down your sexual activity. Masturbating is harmless, as long as you grip your penis softly.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 3:03:02 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago

So which is it?

The thing about these statistical blanket statements is that they don't actually pinpoint the cause for the effect. They just point at something and go, well on average, something is happening to some people for some reason, and its linked with this thingy.

Like with smoking, they'll say XX higher chance of getting cancer, but they usually won't tell you that if you don't use product with certain filters your risk goes down dramatically, and if you drink while you smoke there is a possibility of reducing chances of cancer, and if you have less chemical additives your chances go down even further, and if you don't inhale, keeping the smoke in your mouth, your lifespan has not been shown (may or may not be) to be worse off then a non-smoker to this day as lung complications are the leading cause of death by a large margin, but it has been shown positively that your chance of cancer and average lifespan are significantly (big time) better off then a smoker with bad habits typically found in cigarette users. Obviously genetics and moderation are huge personal factors as well.

Also, it can be difficult to account for social-economic influences statistically.

I imagine its the same with dear John. My advice to you is do what makes you happy and don't do anything....stupid.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.