Jump to topic:

Left-Handedness

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 8:46:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Is it true that they are more successful? Is it true that they are more likely to be homosexual? Is it true that they are better or worse at certain mental tasks? Is it true that they have an above average intelligence? Is it true that they are less religious? Are there any other differences?

How many lefties do we have here?

It seems to me like I've always been ambidextrous but they say you can't be born that way so I'm probably a lefty coerced into using my right, like most ambies.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 8:58:03 PM
At 10/22/2010 8:46:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Is it true that they are more successful? Is it true that they are more likely to be homosexual? Is it true that they are better or worse at certain mental tasks? Is it true that they have an above average intelligence? Is it true that they are less religious? Are there any other differences?

It seems to me like I've always been ambidextrous but they say you can't be born that way so I'm probably a lefty coerced into using my right, like most ambies.

I'm a lefty. I'm not homosexual nor do I have above average intelligence nor am I an Atheist so I'm not sure what to say about these theories. :/
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:20:28 PM
At 10/22/2010 8:58:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I'm a lefty. I'm not homosexual nor do I have above average intelligence nor am I an Atheist so I'm not sure what to say about these theories. :/

i am left handed, and i can tell you for certain that lefties are superior in every way. thats why the sinister myth got started you know... peepz were jealous!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:24:35 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:20:28 PM, belle wrote:
At 10/22/2010 8:58:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

i am left handed, and i can tell you for certain that lefties are superior in every way. thats why the sinister myth got started you know... peepz were jealous!

So true. lol
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:27:37 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:20:28 PM, belle wrote::

nope.

left hand = weak hand

weak = evil

lefties use the weak hand... lefties use the "evil" hand

lefties are evil.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:28:04 PM
also, lefties are weirdos...

.. evil weirdos.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:28:51 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:28:04 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
also, lefties are weirdos...

.. evil weirdos.

evil, homosexual, god-hating weirdos.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:30:42 PM
Of the seven most recent U.S. Presidents, four have been left-handed, including Barack Obama, while a fifth is said to have been ambidextrous. Ronald Reagan, who was left-handed by birth,[29][30][31] became president after he defeated left-handed candidate George H W Bush in the Republican primary election. Four years earlier, Reagan had lost the Republican presidential primary to incumbent left-handed President Gerald Ford. George H W Bush succeeded Reagan and later ran for re-election against left-handers Bill Clinton[32] and Ross Perot[33]. Clinton's second term opponents included Perot, and Bob Dole who had become left-handed when his right arm was paralyzed in combat fifty years earlier. Obama defeated left-handed Senator John McCain in his race for the presidency.[34] Thus, a left-handed president was often the only possible outcome of an election.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:32:26 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:30:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Of the seven most recent U.S. Presidents, four have been left-handed, including Barack Obama, while a fifth is said to have been ambidextrous. Ronald Reagan, who was left-handed by birth,[29][30][31] became president after he defeated left-handed candidate George H W Bush in the Republican primary election. Four years earlier, Reagan had lost the Republican presidential primary to incumbent left-handed President Gerald Ford. George H W Bush succeeded Reagan and later ran for re-election against left-handers Bill Clinton[32] and Ross Perot[33]. Clinton's second term opponents included Perot, and Bob Dole who had become left-handed when his right arm was paralyzed in combat fifty years earlier. Obama defeated left-handed Senator John McCain in his race for the presidency.[34] Thus, a left-handed president was often the only possible outcome of an election.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

successful, evil, homosexual, god-hating weirdos.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:37:48 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:37:15 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Lol, so far this entire thread is made of lefties.

Oh, nevermind, there's matt.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:51:45 PM
Also left-handed
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:54:50 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:37:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 10/22/2010 9:37:15 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Lol, so far this entire thread is made of lefties.

Oh, nevermind, there's matt.

*everyone stares uncomfortably at matt*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:58:26 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:54:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
*everyone stares uncomfortably at matt*

Hey there's Kleptin Too ya know!

and now, apparently, Jblake...

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 10:18:45 PM
At 10/22/2010 9:58:26 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
**Jblake...

** JKenyon.. that is.

Metaphysics:
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 10:44:59 PM
At 10/22/2010 10:18:45 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/22/2010 9:58:26 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
**Jblake...

** JKenyon.. that is.

Yeah, I consider myself right handed (I write, throw, bat, and play tennis right handed), but I can do a few things left handed, too.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 10:55:52 PM
Lefties are the Devil's minions!
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 11:20:42 PM
In Middle eastern cultures they use the right hand for eating while using the left hand for doing bathroom things such as wiping your a$s.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 11:24:20 PM
At 10/22/2010 11:20:42 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
In Middle eastern cultures they use the right hand for eating while using the left hand for doing bathroom things such as wiping your a$s.

That's because they don't use toilet paper. Not even kidding.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 11:25:52 PM
At 10/22/2010 11:24:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:

lol yea, we talked about that in my anthropology class. I think it has religious significance too.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 12:45:39 PM
At 10/22/2010 11:24:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Well yeah, they're in a desert.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 12:57:27 PM
I just remembered the complete retardation of my life as a 7 year old
We were aught that our left shoulder had a devil (With all ebil stuffz) and an angel on our right (with all good stuffz). We were actual encouraged, no sh*t, to pat the air above our right while swiping at the air above our left.

I now recognise the significance of the devil on the left, but Christ that was stupid @_@.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 2:09:47 PM
At 10/23/2010 12:57:27 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We were aught that our left shoulder had a devil (With all ebil stuffz) and an angel on our right (with all good stuffz). We were actual encouraged, no sh*t, to pat the air above our right while swiping at the air above our left.

I now recognise the significance of the devil on the left, but Christ that was stupid @_@.

Yea, that's kinda the thing I was referring to. Middle eastern cultures use their left hand for bathroom things since they believe the devil is on the left or whatever. The right hand is used for everything else. To shake their hand using your left hand is also a major form of disrespect.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 2:45:00 PM
At 10/23/2010 2:09:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 10/23/2010 12:57:27 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Re-iteration

Cool story bro.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.