Jump to topic:

AMA About Lifting

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 11:52:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Seeing as this is the health forum this thread might die immediately, but if it doesn't, feel free to ask me anything about training and diet.

For those of you who don't know I'm a powerlifter with a bunch of medals and trophies blah blah blah more importantly I know a lot about the science behind different training and diet principles. You can ask me about bulking, cutting, supplements, wrestling, boxing, powerlifting, bodybuilding, natty limitations, training gear, etc

You can also ask about olympic lifting, strongman, and steroids, but don't take my word as gospel on these because I don't actually do these personally.

You could also ask about anything else diet or training related that I haven't listed here, and if I know it I'll answer. If I don't, well I guess I'll just tell you that.

With that, ask away--
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 1:57:25 PM
At 1/29/2016 11:52:08 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Seeing as this is the health forum this thread might die immediately, but if it doesn't, feel free to ask me anything about training and diet.

For those of you who don't know I'm a powerlifter with a bunch of medals and trophies blah blah blah more importantly I know a lot about the science behind different training and diet principles. You can ask me about bulking, cutting, supplements, wrestling, boxing, powerlifting, bodybuilding, natty limitations, training gear, etc

Which is the best in your opinion - bulking, cutting, supplements, wrestling, boxing, powerlifting, bodybuilding, natty limitations, training gear, etc ???
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 8:43:18 PM

You can also ask about olympic lifting, strongman, and steroids, but don't take my word as gospel on these because I don't actually do these personally.

You could also ask about anything else diet or training related that I haven't listed here, and if I know it I'll answer. If I don't, well I guess I'll just tell you that.

With that, ask away--

Best way to bulk up forearms?
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:39:58 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 2/6/2016 1:57:25 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Which is the best in your opinion - bulking, cutting, supplements, wrestling, boxing, powerlifting, bodybuilding, natty limitations, training gear, etc ???

Best for what?
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:40:37 AM
At 2/6/2016 8:43:18 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:

With that, ask away--

Best way to bulk up forearms?

Farmer's Walks, for sure.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:10:05 AM

With that, ask away--

If you're looking to become generally toned, should you incorporate cardio at all?

How many days should I work out a week to build muscle (again, aiming more for general tonage than bulk)?

What's more important for this process: diet or exercise?

What kind of smoothies do you personally drink after a workout?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:32:37 AM

With that, ask away--

Do you even lift? 1 V 1 me, scrublord. I'm ripped.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:14:38 PM
At 3/31/2016 3:39:58 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Best for what?

Overall. What do you think is ultimately the most beneficial for you to do?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:58:37 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:10:05 AM, Maikuru wrote:

With that, ask away--

If you're looking to become generally toned, should you incorporate cardio at all?

It's never a bad idea to incorporate cardio, unless you plan on jogging. Jogging is awful, but most other forms of cardio are a good idea.

How many days should I work out a week to build muscle (again, aiming more for general tonage than bulk)?

That depends on your program. A full body workout 3x/week with a rest day in between each workout is about the most efficiently you can go about it.

What's more important for this process: diet or exercise?

Diet for sure. You can out-eat a mediocre program, but you can't out-train a garbage diet.

What kind of smoothies do you personally drink after a workout?

This won't impress you at all, but the only times I really do smoothies is when I'm cutting, and it's usually just vanilla whey powder and water.

Sometimes I add peanut butter.

Don't judge my weak smoothie game.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:59:55 PM
At 3/31/2016 6:32:37 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

With that, ask away--

Do you even lift? 1 V 1 me, scrublord. I'm ripped.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 11:01:47 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:14:38 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/31/2016 3:39:58 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Best for what?

Overall. What do you think is ultimately the most beneficial for you to do?

That depends what you're trying to accomplish. The things listed here span several different categories and most aren't mutually exclusive.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 11:59:19 AM
When are you going to post your bulking guide (the follow up you mentioned to your cutting weight one)?
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:31:46 AM
It might be out as early as tmr. I haven't actually finished writing it yet, and there's a lot of studies I need to re-find.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:33:26 AM
At 4/1/2016 5:41:45 PM, XLAV wrote:
I'm underweight atm. Is it possible to eat a lot without looking fat?

Do you mean without actually getting fat or just without bloating when you eat?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:00:02 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:33:26 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Bloating
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 8:54:46 AM
At 4/2/2016 4:00:02 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/2/2016 12:33:26 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Bloating

If you eat lots of smaller meals bloating shouldn't be much of an issue.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 1:19:48 PM

With that, ask away--

Do you even lift?
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 2:29:07 PM
At 4/4/2016 1:19:48 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

With that, ask away--

Do you even lift?

From time to time.