Jump to topic:

mattrodstrom is bad for your health

gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:08:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Does anyone have anything positive to say about this guy? I would like to know if he is just a schmuck...
Thanks to anyone accept mattrodstrom, who decides to post on this one.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:09:48 PM
lol.

He's alright I suppose once you get to know him. I hated him too when I first joined this site. He just takes some getting used to.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:10:50 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:08:21 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Does anyone have anything positive to say about this guy? I would like to know if he is just a schmuck...
Thanks to anyone exceptmattrodstrom, who decides to post on this one.

Fix'd
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:10:52 PM

I accept mattrodstrom.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:11:35 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:10:50 PM, m93samman wrote:

Fix'd

dammit!

why'd you have to post first!?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:12:35 PM
Another flame thread? Yikes...

I like matt. He makes me laugh and is a nice guy, imho. But remember, respect isn't given - it's earned. So this type of thread isn't going to help you at all...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:13:32 PM

Fix'd

Thanks.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:15:30 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:11:35 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Fix'd

dammit!

why'd you have to post first!?

lol

^ This is the absolute value of the variable "o"
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:16:02 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:12:35 PM, annhasle wrote:

I like matt. He makes me laugh and is a nice guy, imho. But remember, respect isn't given - it's earned. So this type of thread isn't going to help you at all...

I was not trying to gain respect. It was an honest question. He just seems like a little d##k, as opposed to an intellectually stimulating person. I wanted some honest feedback as to what this guy's true intentions are.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:18:09 PM
So this type of thread isn't going to help you at all...

I did kind of troll him a bit :/

I've been having a bit of a lighthearted day...

so, don't think this gavin kid's too much of a whiner
Thanks everyone for the support though 8) lol

Metaphysics:
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:18:38 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:16:02 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

I was not trying to gain respect. It was an honest question. He just seems like a little d##k, as opposed to an intellectually stimulating person. I wanted some honest feedback as to what this guy's true intentions are.

His intentions? To prove what he believes to be "right" like any other user on this site. Well, except for the trolls. But I was just saying that threads like this usually blow up in the OP's face instead of 'helping' them.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:21:01 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:18:09 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
So this type of thread isn't going to help you at all...

I did kind of troll him a bit :/

Shame on you, matt! Lol

I've been having a bit of a lighthearted day...

so, don't think this gavin kid's too much of a whiner

I don't think he's a whiner. I was just hoping he knew there could be some negative responses to a thread like this. And as most know, I HATE flame threads so of course I'll point that out.

Thanks everyone for the support though 8) lol

Stop trolling him, matt. :)
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:22:32 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:18:38 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/3/2010 5:16:02 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

His intentions? To prove what he believes to be "right" like any other user on this site. Well, except for the trolls. But I was just saying that threads like this usually blow up in the OP's face instead of 'helping' them.

I understand, and I appreciate it. What the hell is a troll?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:24:47 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:22:32 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
What the hell is a troll?

http://www.google.com...

Metaphysics:
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:35:13 PM
At 11/3/2010 5:24:12 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 11/3/2010 5:22:32 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

I understand, and I appreciate it. What the hell is a troll?

http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Got it, thanks.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 8:43:41 PM

What's wrong with him? "Schmuck" seems very vague. He's no worse than anyone else here. Did he hurt your feelings or something?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 9:06:13 PM
At 11/3/2010 8:43:41 PM, Kleptin wrote:

What's wrong with him? "Schmuck" seems very vague. He's no worse than anyone else here. Did he hurt your feelings or something?

Schmuck is a yiddish word. It's like calling someone a prick. No feelings were hurt, just a little jarring as far a can tell.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 9:08:13 PM
At 11/3/2010 9:06:13 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Schmuck is a yiddish word. It's like calling someone a prick. No feelings were hurt, just a little jarring as far a can tell.

"Prick" is also a very vague term. What do you mean "jarring"? Did he pop up at you from behind a door? Because if he did, he's a real as-hole. I hate it when people do that.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 9:26:52 PM
Honestly, I've never seen mattrodstrom act out of line. I never thought he'd be the target of attack.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 9:39:21 PM
I read the thread and I have to ask

"mattrodstrom is bad for your health"

^^ WTF is that even supposed to mean?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 12:26:13 AM
At 11/3/2010 9:06:13 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

I love the word "schmuck", lol.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 1:08:04 AM

No, he gave me anal herpes. I am not happy.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 1:11:15 AM

He hurt my bum, and left me feeling used and cheap.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 3:18:27 PM
I try not to dwell on attacking anyone personally... Either they successfully attack you with logic or they don't. If they do, learn from it and try not to make the same mistake again. If their attack is not well placed and only appeals to emotion or something of that nature, then I think you are going to find that it is better to just let it slide then trying to call them out in the open. We are here to learn and develop ourselves, not to call people on their fouls and complain.
no comment
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 3:34:53 PM
At 11/4/2010 1:08:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

No, he gave me anal herpes. I am not happy.

If you are not satisfied, you can return (within 30 days and with your receipt) for an exchange.

Do you have your receipt?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 2:37:48 AM
Matt's okay. If you look at the pattern of his posts, he's pretty impulsive, but he's a good guy, probably in my top ten.