Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?

fire_wings
Posts: 5,563
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2016 5:18:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 11:28:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/10/2016 5:18:40 PM, fire_wings wrote:
What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?

I am for Physician-assisted suicide. This is different than euthanasia, remember that. This is because the person who will do it is terminally ill, so they will die anyways. The only difference is they don't have to suffer, and are able to be in control of their bodies, have autonomy. So...why not?
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 11:53:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/10/2016 5:18:40 PM, fire_wings wrote:
What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?

I'm all for people (who will die no matter what) doing so in the manner and at the time they wish. This is especially true in the case of those who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses who will die in short order and in very painful and undignified ways. Seems cruel to me to make people suffer unnecessarily.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 1:59:28 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 11:53:59 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 3/10/2016 5:18:40 PM, fire_wings wrote:
What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?

I'm all for people (who will die no matter what) doing so in the manner and at the time they wish. This is especially true in the case of those who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses who will die in short order and in very painful and undignified ways. Seems cruel to me to make people suffer unnecessarily.

Did you know that 5% of terminal illnesses are misdiagnosed? And did you know that 7% of euthanizations have complications?
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:51:06 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 1:59:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/13/2016 11:53:59 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 3/10/2016 5:18:40 PM, fire_wings wrote:
What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?

I'm all for people (who will die no matter what) doing so in the manner and at the time they wish. This is especially true in the case of those who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses who will die in short order and in very painful and undignified ways. Seems cruel to me to make people suffer unnecessarily.

Did you know that 5% of terminal illnesses are misdiagnosed? And did you know that 7% of euthanizations have complications?

I did, actually, and I absolutely believe informing patients of that should be a part of them providing informed consent. I just also believe they should be given the choice.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:55:11 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/15/2016 12:51:06 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 3/14/2016 1:59:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/13/2016 11:53:59 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 3/10/2016 5:18:40 PM, fire_wings wrote:
What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?

I'm all for people (who will die no matter what) doing so in the manner and at the time they wish. This is especially true in the case of those who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses who will die in short order and in very painful and undignified ways. Seems cruel to me to make people suffer unnecessarily.

Did you know that 5% of terminal illnesses are misdiagnosed? And did you know that 7% of euthanizations have complications?

I did, actually, and I absolutely believe informing patients of that should be a part of them providing informed consent. I just also believe they should be given the choice.

agreed
fromantle
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:05:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/10/2016 5:18:40 PM, fire_wings wrote:
What is your side of Euthanasia, and why?

Is it not curious that we can decide when our pet dog dies but not ourselves.
I largely blame religion for insisting our lives are beyond value.
The same religious movement is quite prepared to see suffering as ignobling.