Jump to topic:

Effects of classical music on the brain

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 11:54:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
"Results showed how listening to classical music improved activity of genes connected to Dopamine secretion (the feel good hormone) and synaptic transport (learning and memory).At the same time, it down-regulated the genes involved in neurodegeneration (neurons losing their structure or function), suggesting that music helps keep the brain healthy.Known as the "Mozart Effect", it has been proven that listening to Mozart"s L"allegro con spirito can improve your memory, intelligence and problem solving abilities by up to 10%."
http://theboilingbrain.com...

Will this make you listen to classical music more?
Daedal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 8:55:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Does this stack? The piece lasts 4 mins so after 44 mins my IQ would be 260 which would be awesome.
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 6:19:28 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 3/19/2016 11:54:51 PM, Hayd wrote:
"Results showed how listening to classical music improved activity of genes connected to Dopamine secretion (the feel good hormone) and synaptic transport (learning and memory).At the same time, it down-regulated the genes involved in neurodegeneration (neurons losing their structure or function), suggesting that music helps keep the brain healthy.Known as the "Mozart Effect", it has been proven that listening to Mozart"s L"allegro con spirito can improve your memory, intelligence and problem solving abilities by up to 10%."

Not really, I listen to classical music because I enjoy it, not because it makes me smarter or something.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 3:13:39 PM
At 5/8/2016 6:19:28 AM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

Not really, I listen to classical music because I enjoy it, not because it makes me smarter or something.

Yeah, most people don't. Its still cool that it does that though
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:25:56 PM
At 5/8/2016 3:13:39 PM, Hayd wrote:

I doubt the truthfulness of the claim, but I still adore classical music for its beauty and superior integrity.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:27:59 PM
At 5/8/2016 5:25:56 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

I doubt the truthfulness of the claim, but I still adore classical music for its beauty and superior integrity.

The claim of the studies?
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:31:49 PM
At 5/8/2016 5:27:59 PM, Hayd wrote:

To be honest, I didn't really read through them that much; I assume that there is a correlation between music and intelligence, but I just doubt that it is exclusive to classical music.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:38:49 PM
At 5/8/2016 5:31:49 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

To be honest, I didn't really read through them that much; I assume that there is a correlation between music and intelligence, but I just doubt that it is exclusive to classical music.

I agree. I think Mythbusters did an experiment on plants and how music affects their growth and the one with heavy metal did the best, which is interesting.
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 5:57:53 PM
At 5/8/2016 5:38:49 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 5/8/2016 5:31:49 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

I agree. I think Mythbusters did an experiment on plants and how music affects their growth and the one with heavy metal did the best, which is interesting.

It is interesting; which makes me think why people bloat classical music's alleged effects.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2016 3:57:56 PM

I listen to classical every day at work. I used to go to the opera before our opera became infested with liberals.