Jump to topic:

Tips for dealing with depression

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 5:50:51 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I haven't felt extremely depressed in a while but recently, I felt more exhausted and depressed!

The reason why I felt so depressed is because I found out that society sets up so many sexist double standards for men and women that it's just depressing to think about.

After learning about the many sexist double standards that exist in society, I felt more physically and mentally exhausted for no apparent reason and also more depressed because of the fact that society expects all men to like sports, sex, beer, and hot girls while society expects girls to please men in a sexual way. Both of these sexist ideas are stereotypes that are not true at all and can go both ways!

I'm a very emotional and sensitive person. I don't like sports. I don't think about sex 24/7. I don't just think about hot girls. That's just not who I am.

I kind of have trust issues with people because of the fact that so many people are ignorant and quick to assume that only women have problems and men don't so they just have to act stoic. This isn't true because everyone has their own problems, regardless of what gender they are, what race they are, what occupation they have, etc and men can cry too! Crying is a good thing for everyone! It's just a way to cope with sadness.

I feel more physically exhausted and consumed for no apparent reason. I also started eating less! I haven't been eating less to the point of anorexia or bulimia! I still eat normally but I just eat like 5% to 10% less than what I normally eat.

For example, I went to the cinema with my family and watched X-Men: Apocalypse in 3D! The special effects were cool in 3D! I purchased a large box of popcorn, a large cup of sprite, and a hot dog! I ate most of the popcorn but after a while, I stopped eating it because it felt exhausting for me! I then picked up my hot dog, ate only three bites of it, and threw it away for no good reason! I wasn't even full! I just didn't feel like finishing the hot dog.

My stomach has been growling more for no reason and I've gotten skinnier, not skinnier to the point where I look like a skeleton but a little skinnier.

Not only that but I've been feeling more and more tired and fatigued, like an insomniac. I once stayed up on the computer till 4 pm because I wasn't feeling tired and after I turned off the computer, I went to bed, feeling a little drowsy.

I'm becoming more emotional and more sensitive to everything that people say and do because of the fact that words and actions can cause me to feel very sad in a very negative way.

Also, I'm more afraid and untrustworthy of people, even nice people because of the fact that women can falsely accuse men of anything and get the man arrested for a crime he didn't even commit.

Do you guys have any words of motivation or any tips for coping with depression? Are there any good sad songs I can listen to, preferably modern day sad songs! Also, is my mental/physical health at risk or am I just being a hypochondriac?
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:53:50 PM
Ok, well, now that I think about it, I didn't finish my hot dog because I didn't feel like it! I didn't finish it because it tasted disgusting!

And I actually am feeling better and less depressed! I'm eating what I normally eat! And I'm feeling happier!
Rightreform
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 11:34:10 PM
At 6/6/2016 5:50:51 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:
I haven't felt extremely depressed in a while but recently, I felt more exhausted and depressed!

The reason why I felt so depressed is because I found out that society sets up so many sexist double standards for men and women that it's just depressing to think about.

After learning about the many sexist double standards that exist in society, I felt more physically and mentally exhausted for no apparent reason and also more depressed because of the fact that society expects all men to like sports, sex, beer, and hot girls while society expects girls to please men in a sexual way. Both of these sexist ideas are stereotypes that are not true at all and can go both ways!

I'm a very emotional and sensitive person. I don't like sports. I don't think about sex 24/7. I don't just think about hot girls. That's just not who I am.

I kind of have trust issues with people because of the fact that so many people are ignorant and quick to assume that only women have problems and men don't so they just have to act stoic. This isn't true because everyone has their own problems, regardless of what gender they are, what race they are, what occupation they have, etc and men can cry too! Crying is a good thing for everyone! It's just a way to cope with sadness.

I feel more physically exhausted and consumed for no apparent reason. I also started eating less! I haven't been eating less to the point of anorexia or bulimia! I still eat normally but I just eat like 5% to 10% less than what I normally eat.

For example, I went to the cinema with my family and watched X-Men: Apocalypse in 3D! The special effects were cool in 3D! I purchased a large box of popcorn, a large cup of sprite, and a hot dog! I ate most of the popcorn but after a while, I stopped eating it because it felt exhausting for me! I then picked up my hot dog, ate only three bites of it, and threw it away for no good reason! I wasn't even full! I just didn't feel like finishing the hot dog.

My stomach has been growling more for no reason and I've gotten skinnier, not skinnier to the point where I look like a skeleton but a little skinnier.

Not only that but I've been feeling more and more tired and fatigued, like an insomniac. I once stayed up on the computer till 4 pm because I wasn't feeling tired and after I turned off the computer, I went to bed, feeling a little drowsy.

I'm becoming more emotional and more sensitive to everything that people say and do because of the fact that words and actions can cause me to feel very sad in a very negative way.

Also, I'm more afraid and untrustworthy of people, even nice people because of the fact that women can falsely accuse men of anything and get the man arrested for a crime he didn't even commit.

Do you guys have any words of motivation or any tips for coping with depression? Are there any good sad songs I can listen to, preferably modern day sad songs! Also, is my mental/physical health at risk or am I just being a hypochondriac?

There are many things which will help you. It is hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing your depression because stressors can add up and cause many problems. As you are a man of faith, the world problems should not bother you, because we know that the world is lying in the hands of the wicked one Satan 2Cor. 4:4. I know this gives little comfort, but to be able to cope in the mean time I would suggest trying to raise your Brain Neurotrophic Factor naturally as this can balance your HPA axis.

Also, focus on balancing your glucocorticoids too much can cause inflammation in the brain which is linked to depression, along with in imbalance of glutamate which may cause you to be awake at night and drowsy in the day.

I do not suffer depression although I have been a part of the injustices that you have observed. Focus on the good that comes from it. I am able to get my son out of a harmful situation, although he is with his mother most of the time. The key is that he will have a chance to be his own person. Compared to my son material things do not matter, so the fact that I do not have them is a burden removed. Living a simple life is very enjoyable.

I can talk one on one in detail if you want to know more as your health is more of a private matter.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 3:30:22 AM
At 6/9/2016 11:34:10 PM, Rightreform wrote:

There are many things which will help you. It is hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing your depression because stressors can add up and cause many problems. As you are a man of faith, the world problems should not bother you, because we know that the world is lying in the hands of the wicked one Satan 2Cor. 4:4. I know this gives little comfort, but to be able to cope in the mean time I would suggest trying to raise your Brain Neurotrophic Factor naturally as this can balance your HPA axis.

Also, focus on balancing your glucocorticoids too much can cause inflammation in the brain which is linked to depression, along with in imbalance of glutamate which may cause you to be awake at night and drowsy in the day.

I do not suffer depression although I have been a part of the injustices that you have observed. Focus on the good that comes from it. I am able to get my son out of a harmful situation, although he is with his mother most of the time. The key is that he will have a chance to be his own person. Compared to my son material things do not matter, so the fact that I do not have them is a burden removed. Living a simple life is very enjoyable.

I can talk one on one in detail if you want to know more as your health is more of a private matter.

Thank you for responding! I feel much better now and I will definitely try not to let the many injustices of the world get to me or hit me too hard!
Rightreform
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:05:13 AM
At 6/10/2016 3:30:22 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:

Thank you for responding! I feel much better now and I will definitely try not to let the many injustices of the world get to me or hit me too hard!

These are good verses and chapters to read as they give reason for hope. Hope will bring happiness. Even though times are not good right now, we have a joy because we are conscious of our spiritual need (Matthew 5:3). Joy works out endurance. Faith and patience are needed on our part.
I wanted to add I saw your debate and you are doing very well standing up for what is right. Keep up the fine fight and remember everyone you are helping. Even if you help just one person that would be worth every bit of time.

Focus on
Psalms 34:18 Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted. He saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalms 37:1-3 Do not be upset because of evil men. Or envious of wrongdoers They will quickly wither like grass and shrivel like green new grass
Psamls 37:9-11 For evil men will be done away with, but those hoping in Jehovah will posess the earth. Just a little while longer and the wicked will be no more. You will look at where they were and they will not be there. But the meek will posess the earth and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 4:46:13 AM
At 6/10/2016 4:05:13 AM, Rightreform wrote:
At 6/10/2016 3:30:22 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:

These are good verses and chapters to read as they give reason for hope. Hope will bring happiness. Even though times are not good right now, we have a joy because we are conscious of our spiritual need (Matthew 5:3). Joy works out endurance. Faith and patience are needed on our part.
I wanted to add I saw your debate and you are doing very well standing up for what is right. Keep up the fine fight and remember everyone you are helping. Even if you help just one person that would be worth every bit of time.

Focus on
Psalms 34:18 Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted. He saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalms 37:1-3 Do not be upset because of evil men. Or envious of wrongdoers They will quickly wither like grass and shrivel like green new grass
Psamls 37:9-11 For evil men will be done away with, but those hoping in Jehovah will posess the earth. Just a little while longer and the wicked will be no more. You will look at where they were and they will not be there. But the meek will posess the earth and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
+1
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 5:05:29 AM
This is terrible advice coming from sinners never knowing what or how to have a good time. Sounds like you just need to have some fun. To be in the business of sin and say with a grin, ain't nothing wrong if you know it's right. If you don't get hot, you'll never know what it's like to be cool. What is a rule for some is ridiculousness for another, because nothing is black and white. The world is grey. Or dare I go so far to say what's black is white, and what's white is black. Ying yang can yackity yack quack quack goes the ducks in a row to know what's good for the goose no good for the gander.
scottlinehealth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 5:21:47 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Reaching out is not a sign of weakness and it won"t mean you"re a burden to others. The truth is that most people are flattered if you trust them enough to confide in them. Your loved ones care about you and want to help.

Look for support from people who make you feel safe and cared for. The person you talk to doesn"t have to be able to fix you; he or she just needs to be a good listener"someone who"ll listen attentively and compassionately without being distracted or judging you.

Make face-time a priority. Phone calls, social media, and texting are great ways to stay in touch, but they don"t replace good old-fashioned in-person quality time. The simple act of talking to someone face to face about how you feel can play a big role in lifting the fog of depression and keeping it away.

Try to keep up with social activities even if you don"t feel like it. Often when you"re depressed, it feels more comfortable to retreat into your shell, but being around other people will make you feel less depressed.

Find ways to support others. It"s nice to receive support, but research shows you get an even bigger mood boost from providing support yourself. So find ways"both big and small"to help others: volunteer, be a listening ear for a friend, do something nice for somebody.

Care for a pet. While nothing can replace the human connection, pets can bring joy and companionship into your life and help you feel less isolated. Caring for a pet can also get you outside of yourself and give you a sense of being needed"both powerful antidotes to depression.
Scottline Healthcare analytics Leading edge technology solutions for performance improvement through data Integrity and advanced analytics for Healthcare.
Karinochka2016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 3:38:57 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
My advice is just take it easy!) Our society is full of a great amount of opinions. As for me I don't think with stereotypes and don't care what society think about this or that. Just enjoy your life and live according to your own rules ;) Life is too short to spend it for depression)
cosmetologist,skin care specialist,https://ambrossimo.com...
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:19:51 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/12/2016 3:38:57 PM, Karinochka2016 wrote:
My advice is just take it easy!) Our society is full of a great amount of opinions. As for me I don't think with stereotypes and don't care what society think about this or that. Just enjoy your life and live according to your own rules ;) Life is too short to spend it for depression)

Okay. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks! :)
SummerHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:03:32 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Do you take any pills? I had severe depression a few months ago. I took abilify pills , often ordered them on http://rxcoupons.org... . I felt fatigue almost every day. Had insomnia, weight loss. Now I feel completely relief and have good appetite. You just need a support of your family and friends.