Jump to topic:

Are Chiropractors Quaks

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 1:43:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I have read so much criticism of chiropractors being nothing more than snake oil salespeople rather than health practitioners yet many people swear by them. Who is right?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:46:20 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:29:57 PM, Rukado wrote:
There may be some benefit to chiropractics, but most of it is bullsht.

From studying the appalling history of chiropractics and the lack of evidence for it I think the only benefit is probably the placebo effect.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:40:27 PM
At 6/17/2016 1:46:20 PM, Willows wrote:
From studying the appalling history of chiropractics and the lack of evidence for it I think the only benefit is probably the placebo effect.

The field of psychiatry is also mostly bullsht. Faith healing, homeopathy, too. There's a lot of bullsht in the healing industry. The long history of the snake oil salesman continues.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 8:52:50 AM
At 6/17/2016 4:40:27 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/17/2016 1:46:20 PM, Willows wrote:

The field of psychiatry is also mostly bullsht. Faith healing, homeopathy, too. There's a lot of bullsht in the healing industry. The long history of the snake oil salesman continues.

Exactly. The thing is though that these charlatans are getting more up to date and sophisticated in their methods to hoodwink the naive and unsuspecting. Chiropractic "surgeries" are springing up where the "practitioners" wear white coats, reclining dentist type chairs and any number of bogus certificates and diplomas nicely framed on the walls. What gets me though is that they use an elaborate surgical looking instrument called an activator. All it is, is a giant metal ball pen (without the ink) that goes "ping" when placed on the patient. Apparently, this sophisticated instrument is supposed to cure anything from backache through to headaches, kidney disease and cancer.
Akhenaten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 3:26:33 PM
They are definitely quacks. I have tested them out. I went in to get a free assessment of my back. They took an x-ray of my back and then had the hide to show me a picture of somebody else's back, which had obviously been photoshopped to look crooked. I don't trust any doctors for that matter. They are all criminals as far as I am concerned.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 3:01:00 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 6/14/2016 1:43:18 PM, Willows wrote:
I have read so much criticism of chiropractors being nothing more than snake oil salespeople rather than health practitioners yet many people swear by them. Who is right?

I have been to a lot of chiropractors over the years until I found one that was truly gifted. Most are useless but if you find one that knows what he is doing, that contact is invaluable.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 10:12:16 AM
At 8/2/2016 3:01:00 PM, matt8800 wrote:

I have been to a lot of chiropractors over the years until I found one that was truly gifted. Most are useless but if you find one that knows what he is doing, that contact is invaluable.

Do you think that the chiropractor has actually helped whatever problem you have?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 2:39:04 PM
At 8/3/2016 10:12:16 AM, Willows wrote:

Do you think that the chiropractor has actually helped whatever problem you have?

Without a question. To the point that it was a difference of living in constant pain or no pain. He didnt just mitigate the pain; it completely went away. Conversely, I would say that out of all the other chiropractors I have seen, none were able to help whatsoever.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 6:15:17 AM
At 8/3/2016 2:39:04 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 10:12:16 AM, Willows wrote:

Without a question. To the point that it was a difference of living in constant pain or no pain. He didnt just mitigate the pain; it completely went away. Conversely, I would say that out of all the other chiropractors I have seen, none were able to help whatsoever.

Medical associations and independent reports have dismissed chiropractics as little more than con artists. How do you know that the pain you endured may have gone away had you not gone to a chiropractor anyway and what you "felt" was no more than" the placebo effect".