Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Narcolepsia or narcolepsy

laleona89
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 5:08:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is a neurological disease in which I need yogur opinions. For you to knowing more about this condition you could read the source below. http://www.mayoclinic.com...
The opinión I need on aré about life desicions like career kids, etc just give your opinions and i'm Open to all of them. Also, do you think that someday they could fin a cure?
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 6:01:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 5:08:01 PM, laleona89 wrote:
This is a neurological disease in which I need yogur opinions. For you to knowing more about this condition you could read the source below. http://www.mayoclinic.com...
The opinión I need on aré about life desicions like career kids, etc just give your opinions and i'm Open to all of them. Also, do you think that someday they could fin a cure?

Like what about them?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
laleona89
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 3:28:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 6:01:30 AM, lovelife wrote:
btw link didn't work for me

narcolepsy is a disease in which you have long periods of sleep, ectremely long sometimes. Also we sometimes have cataplexy attack or episodes. cataplexy is when you loose muscle tone, or when your muscles kind of weaken; it mostly happens with strong emtions, in my case is when I laugh. For example if I'm standing up and I start laughing I loose control of my muscles and fall down.

And what about the things I asked.
Like if I want to be a doctor should I be one, because of my case or should I look for other options, also in having kids
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 8:10:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/24/2010 3:28:43 PM, laleona89 wrote:
At 12/21/2010 6:01:30 AM, lovelife wrote:
btw link didn't work for me

narcolepsy is a disease in which you have long periods of sleep, ectremely long sometimes. Also we sometimes have cataplexy attack or episodes. cataplexy is when you loose muscle tone, or when your muscles kind of weaken; it mostly happens with strong emtions, in my case is when I laugh. For example if I'm standing up and I start laughing I loose control of my muscles and fall down.

And what about the things I asked.
Like if I want to be a doctor should I be one,

If you wanna be one sure

because of my case or should I look for other options,

If you want

also in having kids

If you want kids, have as many as you want/can afford/care for.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
laleona89
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 8:48:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/24/2010 7:59:20 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
You're not being prescribed anything? Ask you're doctor for Provigil.

i'm being prescribed some medicines.
For cataplexy I'm being prescribed venlafaxine.
and for the long periods of sleep I'm being prescirbed modafinil to stay awake
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 2:40:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/25/2010 8:48:02 PM, laleona89 wrote:
At 12/24/2010 7:59:20 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
You're not being prescribed anything? Ask you're doctor for Provigil.

i'm being prescribed some medicines.
For cataplexy I'm being prescribed venlafaxine.
and for the long periods of sleep I'm being prescirbed modafinil to stay awake

Yeah, provigil is modafinil. Does it seem to help at all?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 3:55:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
PM Kleptin, this is his area. I worked with a guy that was narcoleptic and he fell asleep in meetings all the time, snoring! He couldn't drive, his wife would take him to work and pick him up. He was really good at what he did, and a super nice guy. He wouldn't sleep for long periods though, just uncontrollably nod off.
laleona89
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2011 10:24:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 2:40:13 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/25/2010 8:48:02 PM, laleona89 wrote:
At 12/24/2010 7:59:20 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
You're not being prescribed anything? Ask you're doctor for Provigil.

i'm being prescribed some medicines.
For cataplexy I'm being prescribed venlafaxine.
and for the long periods of sleep I'm being prescirbed modafinil to stay awake

Yeah, provigil is modafinil. Does it seem to help at all?

Sometimes it does seem to help, but look, when i am bored no matter what i do or what i take i fall a sleep. It does help for the times i fall asleep without any reason.
laleona89
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2011 10:29:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 3:55:05 PM, innomen wrote:
PM Kleptin, this is his area. I worked with a guy that was narcoleptic and he fell asleep in meetings all the time, snoring! He couldn't drive, his wife would take him to work and pick him up. He was really good at what he did, and a super nice guy. He wouldn't sleep for long periods though, just uncontrollably nod off.

About the driving, my doctor said that there is a special driving test that they make to people with narcolepsy in the USA, so maybe I will be able to drive but not as freely as everyone else.