Jump to topic:

Parents coverage to under 26

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 4:28:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The new healthcare law that may or may not be repealed has the stipulation that kids are covered until they're 26, why 26? are we really still kids at 26?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 4:30:49 PM
Technically, it's to get us through a little extra time in college, I'd presume. Accommodate post grad school and all this.

However, yes, certain recent neurological studies suggest that our brain continues developing well into our 26th year.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 4:45:36 PM
At 1/6/2011 4:35:29 PM, wamba wrote:
26 is ridiculous. 22 is reasonable

I'm 23 and don't have health care, and I can say that it FVCKING SUCKS. Still I definitely agree.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 9:15:19 AM
At 1/6/2011 4:35:29 PM, wamba wrote:
26 is ridiculous. 22 is reasonable

Forcing a company to cover ANYBODY is ridiculous.

If people think the state should gaurantee people's access to healthcare... then the state should steal from people more Evenly/appropriately (through taxation) and use the money to pay for their coverage.

Rather than Force particular private groups/individuals (like Insurance companies) to do things.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:16:37 AM
At 1/6/2011 4:30:49 PM, Ren wrote:
Technically, it's to get us through a little extra time in college, I'd presume. Accommodate post grad school and all this.

However, yes, certain recent neurological studies suggest that our brain continues developing well into our 26th year.

I agree. Typically when you're a full time college student you don't have time for a full time job and that means no employer health insurance. By extending coverage a parent's policy, the law is basically to ensure that you have health insurance while you're going to school (ages 18-26) to prepare for your full time career.
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:26:13 AM

WIN.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:29:56 AM
At 1/9/2011 12:26:13 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

WIN.

Under that rationale we shouldn't allow individuals 26 and under to do drugs, vote, enlist in the army, etc. For fear of hurting their developing mind.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 3:27:23 AM
At 1/9/2011 12:29:56 AM, askbob wrote:

WIN.

Under that rationale we shouldn't allow individuals 26 and under to do drugs, vote, enlist in the army, etc. For fear of hurting their developing mind.

WIN
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 12:45:46 PM

WIN.

You can enlist at 17 and do drugs from infancy.

Fail.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 7:24:14 PM
At 1/10/2011 12:45:46 PM, Ren wrote:

WIN.

You can enlist at 17 and do drugs from infancy.

No shitt sherlock, thus the word "shouldn't"
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos