Jump to topic:

Bad etiquette leads to spreading pathogens

Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 7:53:37 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
As a person in the medical field we are always encouraged to embrace proper etiquette when it comes to sneezing, coughing, and cleaning one's hands. In fact, we are often chastised when we don't which is understandable considering we deal with sick patients. But even before working in the medical field I was taught to wash my hands and cover my mouth when I sneeze and cough. However, I'm starting to notice people from other countries do not do this. When I'm taking public transportation to school I often see people coughing without covering their mouths or sneezing without covering their mouths. I guess maybe it is the health care worker in me that notices these things a lot but I'm starting to think if there is a pathogenic virus that is transmitted via saliva and can be airborne through the droplets, I personally feel we would be in big trouble due to the bad etiquette and ill consideration of others' health.

Has anyone else noticed this in their respective area?
Do you practice proper etiquette when it comes to sneezing, coughing etc? If not, why?