Jump to topic:

Staying Awake

Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 6:52:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Any tips on staying awake but still keeping my brain at optimum?

I used red bull but I got side effects. Sleeping doesn't help. Eatting makes it worse. Self induced cold worked abit.

?????
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 6:57:23 PM
At 1/29/2011 6:52:57 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

I used red bull but I got side effects. Sleeping doesn't help. Eatting makes it worse. Self induced cold worked abit.

?????

Why do you need to stay awake? What side effects did you get from red bull? There is always Tea, Coffee, Coco-cola.

Anyways, light physical activity is the best way. Housework for instance? The body won't produce stimulants if you have nothing to do, and if you are doing nothing, why would it?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 6:57:31 PM
You could take some speed?

I don't think it's possible to stop the micro-sleeps that start after 36 hours.
Research sleep-deprivation techniques and use them on yourself.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:05:21 PM

?????

Cocaine works great, as long as you are able to use it in moderation. Also, if you tend to form habits easily, this is probably not the way to go. Otherwise, it certainly will put you on your A game, and give you a nice euphoric high to boot.

Disclaimer:
I do not condone the use of cocaine by any persons under the age of 18.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:05:51 PM
At 1/29/2011 6:57:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

?????

Why do you need to stay awake?
because sadly I have commitments to stay conscious.

What side effects did you get from red bull?
twiching, twiching like a diabetic.
There is always Tea, Coffee, Coco-cola.
Caffine is caffine.

Anyways, light physical activity is the best way. Housework for instance? The body won't produce stimulants if you have nothing to do, and if you are doing nothing, why would it?
Okay, thanks.

At 1/29/2011 6:57:31 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Polyphasic sleep? It's really not worth the effort, I'd have to take 30 minutes naps every 6 hours or so. If you mess it up you get damaged for days.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:12:06 PM
At 1/29/2011 7:01:08 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You could blare some gangsta rap.
Why's a brotha gotta listen to gangsta rap? Whitties these days.

At 1/29/2011 7:05:21 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

?????

Cocaine works great, as long as you are able to use it in moderation. Also, if you tend to form habits easily, this is probably not the way to go. Otherwise, it certainly will put you on your A game, and give you a nice euphoric high to boot.

Disclaimer:
I do not condone the use of cocaine by any persons under the age of 18.
4chan says use oxycodone(light heroin) and meth. They also suggets you time your crashes. Your on par with internet terrorists, congratz.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:30:08 PM
At 1/29/2011 7:05:51 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 1/29/2011 6:57:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

?????

Why do you need to stay awake?
because sadly I have commitments to stay conscious.

What side effects did you get from red bull?
twiching, twiching like a diabetic.
There is always Tea, Coffee, Coco-cola.
Caffine is caffine.

If red bull is making you twitch go to the hospital. Do not take anymore caffeine. Check your heart rate.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:32:31 PM

?????

How long have you been awake for? Along with the caffeine, pouring ice water over your head will keep you alert and focused, or try wrapping a towel around some ice cubes, dousing it water, and continually applying it to your kneck and face. I find that after about 22 hours, I stop feeling tired and just feel sort of drunk; like dull, slow, and uncoordinated.
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:32:39 PM
Lucky you, you can sleep. I haven't slept much in days and if anybody has any tips as to how I could get to sleep it would be great to hear. Actually, I might just create a separate thread for that...
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:39:12 PM
you could do polyphasic sleep - by entering REM cycle faster, you only need to sleep like 3 hours a day. http://en.wikipedia.org...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:41:18 PM
At 1/29/2011 7:32:39 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
Lucky you, you can sleep. I haven't slept much in days and if anybody has any tips as to how I could get to sleep it would be great to hear. Actually, I might just create a separate thread for that...

It's ironic, but it's the same advice as C_N - at least 30 min of rigorous exercise earlier in the day will make you more tired at night and you'll sleep more fitfully.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:42:42 PM
At 1/29/2011 7:41:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:

It's ironic, but it's the same advice as C_N - at least 30 min of rigorous exercise earlier in the day will make you more tired at night and you'll sleep more fitfully.

I should try. It's worth a shot, better than staying up until like 5-6 AM every night.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 7:49:47 PM

My advice was more for physical activity, not so much vigourous exercise.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 8:20:57 PM
At 1/29/2011 7:49:47 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

My advice was more for physical activity, not so much vigourous exercise.

Well that's why I said it was somewhat ironic. You're right that when you're really tired at night, doing some sort of exercise, like cleaning, will wake your body up. But ironically, doing rigorous exercise earlier in the day is also a good way to help your body fall asleep easily at night.

If that doesn't work hatedeath, you can also try self-hypnosis.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 8:44:44 PM
At 1/29/2011 7:12:06 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
4chan says use oxycodone(light heroin) and meth. They also suggets you time your crashes. Your on par with internet terrorists, congratz.

Happy 4,000th post.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 8:51:43 PM
Watch 2 girls and a cup 50 times in a row, and then listen to a speech by Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck 50 times in a row . . . that should keep you awake . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 3:05:44 AM
Minus any stimulant at all, what keeps me awake is obsessive thinking and an empty stomach. The empty stomach part doesn't seem to be a problem for you. Keep yourself engaged in something that will mindlessly dominate your mind like a video game or some such.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 6:06:29 AM
Yes, make wish and maybe it will come true. Keeping your mental stability by not sleeping is nonsensical.

?????
Exercise during the day, but avoid the tough work four-five hours before you go to bed, because that can actually disturb the sleep. Do not drink much caffeine during the day, and do not take any naps, especially not after around 2pm. Drink water to stay hydrated, and eat some proper food with enough fruits and vegetables. You will eventually get a good sleep routine. There is no good reason to break your so-called biological clock by getting used to sleeping at nonsensical times. It will just cause you depression, stress, and anxiety. It does not take long to get a good sleep routine, and trust me when I say that it is worth nearly any good effort in the world.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 7:51:42 AM
At 1/29/2011 6:57:31 PM, tvellalott wrote:

lol, i was gonna say it.. i've been up all night :)

signature
Kimboslice926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:10:41 PM
wet your face and stick it in the freezer..that woulds sure work...loud music...scary movies..they do wonders they either make you crack up laughing because they seem so fake or scare the daylights out of you