Jump to topic:

Your Thoughts on that Deadliest Warrior Show

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 4:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you know what it is. I think it was cancelled. Basically I liked some of the episodes, but hated the others.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 5:11:58 PM
At 7/10/2012 4:25:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
If you know what it is. I think it was cancelled. Basically I liked some of the episodes, but hated the others.

I watched it once, and it was the Napoleon v. Washington episode. I'm a member of an online Napoleon Bonaparte group and they told everyone to watch it, so I did. Can't say I was pleased with the result.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 5:24:13 PM
Pretty good.

What's happening with Season 3?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:07:14 PM
They tend to get it right, but I wish it was Discovery Channel, Mythbuster style, because they it would be less about being "Cool", and more about being scientific.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:26:03 PM
They f*cked up the Alexander v. Attila one
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:57:19 PM
At 7/10/2012 5:11:58 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I watched it once, and it was the Napoleon v. Washington episode. I'm a member of an online Napoleon Bonaparte group and they told everyone to watch it, so I did. Can't say I was pleased with the result.

Oh I was ticked off, which led me to do this debate:

http://www.debate.org...

Napoleon is my favorite military leader.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:59:18 PM
Oh and did you know they literally angered the UK? By having the IRA vs. Taliban one.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 8:00:23 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:59:18 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Oh and did you know they literally angered the UK? By having the IRA vs. Taliban one.

I feel like we should be angered......

THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:49:08 PM
Honestly, it is a fun watch, but the reality is there are way to many factors that go into comparing 2 warriors from different parts of the world and pitting them against each other. While, like I said, it is fun to watch, you should take the results with a grain of sand.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 10:18:51 PM
At 7/10/2012 8:00:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 7/10/2012 7:59:18 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

I feel like we should be angered......

The majority of their viewers were too lazy to be angered. As of now he show seems cancelled due to expenses.

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 10:38:41 PM
At 7/10/2012 7:57:19 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

He's mine too, of course. I have a replica of Napoleon Crossing the Alps and Napoleon at the Bridge of Arcole both hanging in my room. I also did a debate on Napoleon vs. Washington, with 16kadams.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 11:37:47 PM
The computer program irritates me. They basically run simulations of each group using a certain weapon versus a certain weapon and take a statistical average.

What that means is that if, say, Ninjas have a weapon that is only meant to obscure vision (like throwing glass in your eyes), the computer will pit a ninja against whoever, and some of the simulations would consist of "Viking with sword versus ninja with glass."

Basically, it ignores the dynamics of fighting and bases itself on the weaponary.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 11:42:30 PM
At 7/10/2012 11:37:47 PM, Wnope wrote:
The computer program irritates me. They basically run simulations of each group using a certain weapon versus a certain weapon and take a statistical average.

What that means is that if, say, Ninjas have a weapon that is only meant to obscure vision (like throwing glass in your eyes), the computer will pit a ninja against whoever, and some of the simulations would consist of "Viking with sword versus ninja with glass."

Basically, it ignores the dynamics of fighting and bases itself on the weaponary.

I think it works differently than that.

I think it groups all weapons together, and just tracks how many kills they got with that particular weapon. So, the ninja glass would get no kills, but it would help other weapons get kills.

I mean, the program is designed to test troop strengths and such, so I assume it includes non-lethal weapons, that just distract into it's equations.

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 11:43:01 PM
Did anyone else hear that Robert Daly who was the computer guy lied about service in the green berets and resigned from the show last October? I'm looking forward to S4 though, Mack's a good host.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 1:45:19 AM
At 7/10/2012 11:43:01 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Did anyone else hear that Robert Daly who was the computer guy lied about service in the green berets and resigned from the show last October? I'm looking forward to S4 though, Mack's a good host.

Yeah, and better yet, he's ACTUALLY special forces.

It'll be like Future weapons, but better!

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 10:48:20 AM
Was the show cancelled? If so F U spike.

Also direct TV got rid of spike :(
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 11:25:57 AM
At 7/10/2012 10:38:41 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

He's mine too, of course. I have a replica of Napoleon Crossing the Alps and Napoleon at the Bridge of Arcole both hanging in my room. I also did a debate on Napoleon vs. Washington, with 16kadams.

I have a lot of history books + a copy of his maxims.

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 12:31:39 PM
At 7/11/2012 11:25:57 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 7/10/2012 10:38:41 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I have a lot of history books + a copy of his maxims.

That's awesome, do you have any suggestions for a particular book?

It's really big, but I suggest "The Campaigns of Napoleon" by David Chandler. Definitely the magnum opus of his work.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 2:27:17 PM
ONLY AMerican "warriors" win
expect spetsza and green beret
Most of time american soldiers win :C
North Korea Special force vs NAvy Seals
Navy seals won by 2 battle ????
NK:498 and Navy:502
I was like you bastard :C
Giving the wins to american warriors only....
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 2:29:53 PM
At 7/11/2012 2:27:17 PM, nerdykiller wrote:

First, it was Navy SEALs vs. Israeli Commandos.

And second, Navy SEALs kick @$$......especially against North Koreas crap soldiers.....

Sorry, but I could probably beat them. North Korea pretty much sucks at everything.

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 6:49:15 PM
This goes under Entertainment. Even if it was in the past. We don't need a history forum.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 6:50:18 PM
At 7/11/2012 6:49:15 PM, wjmelements wrote:
This goes under Entertainment. Even if it was in the past. We don't need a history forum.

Just shut up...
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:50:06 PM
At 7/11/2012 6:49:15 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Shut the heck up!

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:51:34 PM
At 7/11/2012 2:27:17 PM, nerdykiller wrote:

Actually many Americans were upset when the Green Berets lost. When that happened, American bias started.

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:01:06 PM

That show ticked me off when they did the championship episode.

The knight was originally knocked out by the pirate's blunderbuss. But when they compared pre-gun to post-gun, they didn't give the knight a chance.

Interesting show though, pretty cool to see things that way.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:03:07 PM
At 7/10/2012 11:42:30 PM, OberHerr wrote:

I think it groups all weapons together, and just tracks how many kills they got with that particular weapon. So, the ninja glass would get no kills, but it would help other weapons get kills.

I mean, the program is designed to test troop strengths and such, so I assume it includes non-lethal weapons, that just distract into it's equations.

As far as I understand, this is how it works.

It does still have shortcomings. I mean, a ninja would never go into open combat against a Spartan or whatever. It would only attack from ambush with huge advantage.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:05:38 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:03:07 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

It does still have shortcomings. I mean, a ninja would never go into open combat against a Spartan or whatever. It would only attack from ambush with huge advantage.

Yeah, to be honest ninjas sucked at actually fighting, they were just good at ambushing people, and seeming to be more dangerous than they were.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:27:01 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:05:38 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Yeah, to be honest ninjas sucked at actually fighting, they were just good at ambushing people, and seeming to be more dangerous than they were.

Yeah, and the same thing could be said for soldiers in Halo.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:28:54 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:27:01 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

?

How?

Do you REALLY wanna go down this path sir? Really?

Cause, I will make you BLEED. From your inside our shins. Of failure.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:09:31 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:28:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 7/11/2012 8:27:01 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

?

How?

Do you REALLY wanna go down this path sir? Really?

Cause, I will make you BLEED. From your inside our shins. Of failure.

I will think about it.