Jump to topic:

Secrets of the CIA

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:13:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There's a sh!t load of information there, so obviously nobody will watch all of it, but it definitely makes for an interesting discussion.

The presentation is a bit sensational for my tastes, but the information is all legit.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:22:17 PM
tl:dw
Actually cold you give a summation of it, it would be cool to watch but I don't really have the time right now.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:28:01 PM
At 7/18/2012 12:22:17 PM, BennyW wrote:
Actually cold you give a summation of it, it would be cool to watch but I don't really have the time right now.

Sure, essentially it runs down all of the CIA's covert actions during the 20th century. The highlights are helping Nazi war criminals escape justice so that they could be used to fight the Russians, overthrowing democracy in Iran and installing a dictatorship, selling weapons to Iran and using the funds to arm and train terrorists in Nicaragua, Overthrowing democracy in Guatemala and replacing it with a dictatorship, then later arming and training military death squads in the country who were given orders to round up and kill any suspected communists, leading to the genocide of 200,000 native Mayans... that's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 1:08:40 PM
At 7/18/2012 12:28:01 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Sure, essentially it runs down all of the CIA's covert actions during the 20th century. The highlights are helping Nazi war criminals escape justice so that they could be used to fight the Russians, overthrowing democracy in Iran and installing a dictatorship, selling weapons to Iran and using the funds to arm and train terrorists in Nicaragua, Overthrowing democracy in Guatemala and replacing it with a dictatorship, then later arming and training military death squads in the country who were given orders to round up and kill any suspected communists, leading to the genocide of 200,000 native Mayans... that's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

This is all pretty well known stuff actually. Nothing shocking in here.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 2:35:54 PM
At 7/18/2012 1:08:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/18/2012 12:28:01 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

This is all pretty well known stuff actually. Nothing shocking in here.

There's a lot more stuff in the video that is more obscure, those are just the things that came to mind because they are the most famous.