Jump to topic:

Recognised Australian figure - Roy Rene

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:22:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey everyone, I'm currently doing a research assessment on an historical Australian figure of the 1920's or 1930's. I chose Roy Rene.

The tasks I must answer the following:
a) Exame the key achievements and contributions of your chosen personality to the development of Australian Culture and Identity.
b) Analyse the historical signficance, impact and legacy of your chosen personality on Australian Society and Culture.

This is an exposition task, and I need to argue his achievements/contributions to Australia. While following the standard format of an exposition, I need 3 arguments. However, I've only manged to think up of two arguments:

1. His works during the Depression distracted people from their sense of hopelessness
2. Contribution to Australian entertainment: Changing some parts of the Australian language e.g. "Strike me lucky!", "You beaut", "Strewth" etc.

Can someone please help me out with making up a third argument for the expostion? Any help greatly appreaciated. This exposition is due in 3 days and I need to learn my last argument beforehand (in class assessment). Sources will also be helpful.

Hope I'm not asking for too much.

Thank you
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 5:48:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/3/2012 2:37:23 PM, 16kadams wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Too late now :p

But that's like the first site I looked at, and no, it doesn't actually help me with what I wanted.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc