Jump to topic:

The holocaust never happened

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 5:03:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm looking for a convincing argument against the holocaust. I thought about looking it up online, then realised how dumb that was since DDO is online, and why the hell not DDO? Its excellent, just so long as someone out there has an opinion that constitutes as something with intelligence.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 6:36:54 AM
At 10/23/2012 5:03:58 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I'm looking for a convincing argument against the holocaust. I thought about looking it up online, then realised how dumb that was since DDO is online, and why the hell not DDO? Its excellent, just so long as someone out there has an opinion that constitutes as something with intelligence.

Jewish conspiracy.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 6:42:15 AM
At 10/23/2012 6:36:54 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Jewish conspiracy.

we should make you illegal. You are bad for my health.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 6:44:05 AM
At 10/23/2012 6:42:15 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 10/23/2012 6:36:54 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Jewish conspiracy.

we should make you illegal. You are bad for my health.

We should make you illegal, if I'm bad for your health.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 6:45:22 AM

The holocaust happened, there are no convincing arguments against it.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 8:23:07 AM
Convincing arguments for or against it having happened?

Cause.....yeah.....against has little to no proof for their claims, while for has all the evidence.....we used to have this anti-semtic guy named Reasoning that could probably help you with this either way...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
One_Winged_Rook
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 1:29:51 PM

Not a lot, but a good bit of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(1944%E2%80%931950)

After the war, they moved ethnic Germans all back to "Germany". During this movement of people, (thought to be 12-14 million people moved) 500,000 to 2.7 million died (or so reported). While we don't know the population of Jews that were relocated during the Nazi Reich, it is often cited that 6 million Jews died during the Holocaust. To think that at the minimum 500,000 Germans died during relocation in these 16 years, is it unthinkable that 6 million Jews would die during their own relocation. Especially since Nazi Germany was much more strapped for resources and trying to relocate them faster (attempting to take only 6 years, 1939-1945) in their own relocation efforts. I'm not saying that Jews were not mass-murdered. I'm just juxtaposing that to the relocation of the Ethnic Germans after the war.

What do you think?
Three Cheers for a Thousand Years!
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2012 4:19:04 AM
At 10/24/2012 1:29:51 PM, One_Winged_Rook wrote:

Not a lot, but a good bit of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(1944%E2%80%931950)

After the war, they moved ethnic Germans all back to "Germany". During this movement of people, (thought to be 12-14 million people moved) 500,000 to 2.7 million died (or so reported). While we don't know the population of Jews that were relocated during the Nazi Reich, it is often cited that 6 million Jews died during the Holocaust. To think that at the minimum 500,000 Germans died during relocation in these 16 years, is it unthinkable that 6 million Jews would die during their own relocation. Especially since Nazi Germany was much more strapped for resources and trying to relocate them faster (attempting to take only 6 years, 1939-1945) in their own relocation efforts. I'm not saying that Jews were not mass-murdered. I'm just juxtaposing that to the relocation of the Ethnic Germans after the war.

What do you think?

I think its great, cheers. ^.^
runnersva1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 2:55:48 PM
Anyone who denies that the Holocuast, in my opinion, is ignorant. What's your argument that it didn't happen? There are Holocaust survivors still alive today telling their stories. Are you calling them liars? Hitler was real. His hatred, ignorance, and war based on discrimination was real. In my opinion, people who haven't accepted this very real historic event are in denial.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 1:15:19 AM
At 10/31/2012 2:55:48 PM, runnersva1 wrote:
Anyone who denies that the Holocuast, in my opinion, is ignorant. What's your argument that it didn't happen? There are Holocaust survivors still alive today telling their stories. Are you calling them liars? Hitler was real. His hatred, ignorance, and war based on discrimination was real. In my opinion, people who haven't accepted this very real historic event are in denial.

Eeeeeehhh....I just don't think that WWII was waged on the German front because they hated Jews. If that were the only reason pushing for war, I don't think we would've gotten war at all: that wasn't enough of a motivational factor to push the world into fighting.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 6:00:00 AM

i don't deny the holocaust, I know it happened, I was looking for arguments against m already preconceived beliefs. However, you do seem to suffer from what some may refer to as 'media indoctrination.' Have you heard the saying 'history is written by the winners?' Its true, Allied propaganda makes it look like Hitler was worse than he is. I'm not saying he was a good person, he was downright horrendous, but not as bad as we believe him to be. He was a human, and a rather ordinary one at that.
runnersva1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 8:53:56 AM
Of course the war was not entirely based on discrimination and of course Hitler contained as much humanity as the next. Anne Frank even said, "I believe everyone is good at heart", and I 100% agree.
The war was also based on lingering resentments and unresolved issues from WWI, tensions between the countries, a struggle for power, and newly evolved weapons. Hitler was just the extremist of the war. He was selfish and discriminating towards many. I for one do not agree with the "blue eyed and blonde hair" favoring rumor. I also do not agree with his "evil" stereotype. He was a man, a man who wanted power. Of course there have been many, many rulers or men craving power worse than he was.
I simply was making a point that his ignorance was very real, and it should not be overlooked.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 9:25:49 AM
At 11/1/2012 1:15:19 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Eeeeeehhh....I just don't think that WWII was waged on the German front because they hated Jews. If that were the only reason pushing for war, I don't think we would've gotten war at all: that wasn't enough of a motivational factor to push the world into fighting.

I'd pretty much put it down as the major primary factor, combined with Germany waging war on pretty much everything that moved.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 3:22:32 PM
At 10/23/2012 6:45:22 AM, ObiWan wrote:

The holocaust happened, there are no convincing arguments against it.

This.

One could argue the numbers are inflated but even that is pushing it.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 3:31:43 PM
At 10/23/2012 8:23:07 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Convincing arguments for or against it having happened?

Cause.....yeah.....against has little to no proof for their claims, while for has all the evidence.....we used to have this anti-semtic guy named Reasoning that could probably help you with this either way...

Do tell...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 3:47:46 PM
The holocaust obviously happened and many jews died. Its the numbers that one can debate and the nature of the holocaust.

Also, anybody know why they used gas chambers, instead of just shooting them, like any other genocide would do.

The only reason I could think that they wouldn't just shoot them is because they were using such a high supply of bullets and guns for the war efforts.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 3:52:50 PM
At 11/1/2012 3:47:46 PM, darkkermit wrote:
The holocaust obviously happened and many jews died. Its the numbers that one can debate and the nature of the holocaust.

Also, anybody know why they used gas chambers, instead of just shooting them, like any other genocide would do.

The only reason I could think that they wouldn't just shoot them is because they were using such a high supply of bullets and guns for the war efforts.

shooting all those millions would have been a waste of bullets -in Hitlers opinion.
Hitler wanted them dead very very fast, without the hassle of firing them and shooting the others who would fight back, so he just put them in showers and they died without the racket.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 3:56:13 PM
The Holocaust is a blatant fact. If anyone denies the Holocaust, they might as well join the group of crackpots that believe no planes hit the twin towers on 9/11.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 4:02:58 PM
At 11/1/2012 3:52:50 PM, Smithereens wrote:

shooting all those millions would have been a waste of bullets -in Hitlers opinion.

Couldn't the same be said of gas? These extermination camps weren't free.

Hitler wanted them dead very very fast, without the hassle of firing them and shooting the others who would fight back, so he just put them in showers and they died without the racket.

I don't see how it would be less of a racket. shooting just seems much easier.
Open borders debate:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 4:07:05 PM

This is the only thing Reasoning disputes that I can see. But oh noz he doesn't tink it wuz 6 million! He must think it was totes kewl!!!!111111oneone1!!!!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 4:07:10 PM
At 11/1/2012 4:02:58 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I'd say there were several reasons:
1. Shooting is one bullet apiece, possibly more. With gas, it's a few pellets to kill a roomful of people.
2. In gassing you are more isolated from the people inside than you are if you are shooting them. Probably made it easier for some people.
3. Harder to play dead.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 4:08:38 PM

There's a good bit of evidence that the gas chambers weren't put in until post WWII and that the gassing of jews was just a myth.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 4:16:24 PM
At 11/1/2012 4:07:05 PM, socialpinko wrote:

This is the only thing Reasoning disputes that I can see. But oh noz he doesn't tink it wuz 6 million! He must think it was totes kewl!!!!111111oneone1!!!!!

Interesting to note is that it's the neo-nazis that claim the 6-million number is inflated.

It's tempting to brush this off as just being their bias at work, but when you think about it, these neo-nazis are the people who wish that all 16 million jews had died, so why would they be arguing that LESS than 6 million jews died when they take pride in the holocaust's "accomplishments"? You would actually expect the neo-nazis to be the ones inflating the numbers of jews they've "knocked off".

That's not to say they're right, just that there may really be something to what they're saying and that it's worth a second look.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 4:25:46 PM
At 11/1/2012 4:07:10 PM, Citrakayah wrote:

1. Shooting is one bullet apiece, possibly more. With gas, it's a few pellets to kill a roomful of people.
2. In gassing you are more isolated from the people inside than you are if you are shooting them. Probably made it easier for some people.
3. Harder to play dead.

I suppose the 2nd one seems to be the most reasonable. For #1, you still have to put in the resources to gather everyone in one place. Not to mention the operating cost of running the gas chambers. You could play dead in a gas chamber.
Open borders debate:
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 3:34:01 PM
At 11/1/2012 4:25:46 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/1/2012 4:07:10 PM, Citrakayah wrote:

3. Harder to play dead.

I suppose the 2nd one seems to be the most reasonable. For #1, you still have to put in the resources to gather everyone in one place. Not to mention the operating cost of running the gas chambers. You could play dead in a gas chamber.

You'd still be exposed to the gas, though. Play dead when being shot at a you'll have a fair chance of a bullet not hitting you.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 3:58:42 PM
At 11/1/2012 3:52:50 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Gas chambers were an effective means of killing them off, since you could reuse gas sometimes, it took minimal people, and it was probably not too expensive. Bullets miss, take several to kill someone, and if your doing an "execution" style thing to the head, that either takes a lot of people, or a lot of time, or both.

Sickeningly, they had it down to a science.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 10:10:37 AM

Which holocaust?

Harry.