Jump to topic:

The industrial revolution ??

Ralphjr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 11:52:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok so me and my freinds have fought over this topic for years. Did the IR play a postive role or a negative role in the world. Im cought dead in the middle of this. My one freind says that the IR was a good thing that we wouldnt have (wich is kind of obvoius) then my other friend says that the IR was a neagtive truning point in humman history becase it created more wepons of murder and truned people even more selfish and money loveing.

For those who do not now the Industrial revolution is the point in wich the world begain creating and producing large amounts of technogly such as steal, cars and washermacines. The IR created and econmic boom in Europe as well in the US.

So please let me know your thoughts on this.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 11:57:11 AM
To be against the Industrial Revolution because it made building more powerful weapons easier is essentially arguing against every technological advancement ever. War and weapons manufacturing is only prevalent because of government, not because of capitalism.

Do you know how much more deadly weapons have gotten with the creation of the internet, radar, gas powered engines, airplanes, etc?

Your friend might as well argue that we should live in the stone age.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Ralphjr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 5:19:23 PM
Well you see thats what i had told him that hed "might as well live in the stone age" my words exactly, His reply to that was i would rather hummans were stronger and more independent in the stone age and were all muscal and not fat.

Now giving my friend has very strong oppions on things like this, i do agree that hummans were more independent back then.

But like everthing theres a good side and bad side to everthing and in my oppion it has more postive effects then negative. Hell becase of nucler wepons World powers are afraid to go at each other so in a way nukes ended major wars. for now of course till on nut case gains power but thats a diff story.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 5:21:56 PM
Is he against computers?

Cause, those are pivotal in some of the deadliest weapons know to mankind.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 5:32:12 PM
Tell him this:

Without the Industrial Revolution, he would be working ploughing a farm all day, with his 6 brothers and sister who his parents conceived to provide financial security later in life. Incidentally, 2-3 of his potential relatives would have probably already died from some transmittable infectious disease. The average person, you, would be living in absolute poverty with very little leisure time and virtually no time for education or pursuing of your dreams. His parents would die when he was 20, and he would work on his farm for the rest of his life (20-30 years). His clothes would be tattered and falling apart, with sub-par food.

Anybody who is against the Industrial Revolution is against people living longer lives, massive increases in quality of life, brobdignagian advances in technology, the reduction of family size (later on), modern communication, modern education, and the pursuing of one's own dreams.

In short, tell him to fuck himself and live in Somalia.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ralphjr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 5:45:35 PM
Lol, well mr lord i like your conclusion, becase thats what i tell him to do at the end of every argument his respone to that is some what gay.

but you see i have told him such things...you say it a very intlgent way but that is basicly what i told him.

You see his counter argument to that is the way native americans lived. He says hunting and fishing is the way to live. He claims that native americans were always in shape and the best health and best quality of life out of every other cultuer out there due to hunting and gathering, ect. He then claims that there so called "docotors" (wich natives called them medicne men) would then take care of any wounds that they would get form hunting.

I Respond by saying that hes right native americans did have a pretty good life style but even they were out matched by the IR and evently(after years of suppersion and wars) joined in on the mordern world to.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 5:48:22 PM
At 11/22/2012 5:45:35 PM, Ralphjr wrote:
Lol, well mr lord i like your conclusion, becase thats what i tell him to do at the end of every argument his respone to that is some what gay.

but you see i have told him such things...you say it a very intlgent way but that is basicly what i told him.

You see his counter argument to that is the way native americans lived. He says hunting and fishing is the way to live. He claims that native americans were always in shape and the best health and best quality of life out of every other cultuer out there due to hunting and gathering, ect. He then claims that there so called "docotors" (wich natives called them medicne men) would then take care of any wounds that they would get form hunting.

I Respond by saying that hes right native americans did have a pretty good life style but even they were out matched by the IR and evently(after years of suppersion and wars) joined in on the mordern world to.

Easy way to win an argument:

Keep asking for proof.

Natives were fit? Proof. Natives had doctors? Proof.

He might have proof for a few of them, but if you ask for proof for every assertion, he'll buckle.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ralphjr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 5:54:57 PM
Hes one of the tree hugging, hippey loving type of people. But i thank you for the advice.

In my oppion i think it was a great thing. Becase of the IR i think people have becom e more intlgent. go back 200 years ago and the average person couldnt even read...today people take that for granted lol...like my asswhole freind.