Ancient Aliens

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 11:17:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They're bullsh1t.

So, sometimes really smart people have very strange beliefs. Everyone here should be aware of that. Look at us all for example. Most people here are smart, but we can't all be right.

Anyway, I hear advocates of "ancient aliens" often citing things like Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge as engineering impossibilities for people of those modest days (Alien of the Gaps Argument). Have no fear kids, Wally Wallington is here(yes, that is his real name). He is a retired construction worker who uses a technique to build a replica of Stonehenge in his backyard.... by himself. The guy does some pretty amazing stuff. I got a chance to watch a good chunk of his DVD where he details all his strategies for moving and raising, among other things, 20,000 pound concrete bricks..... alone, with no technologies that those folks wouldn't have had access to. Here's a youtube vid of him being featured on some show. And a link to his site. Check him out. Show it to your crazy uncle that believes ancient aliens taught the Egyptians how to build the pyramids.

Gravity!!! How does it work?

www.theforgottentechnology.com
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 11:42:48 PM
My contribution

https://www.youtube.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 11:43:30 PM
At 12/2/2012 11:42:48 PM, lewis20 wrote:
My contribution

https://www.youtube.com...

lol I fvcking love that episode.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 7:23:45 AM
At 12/2/2012 11:17:25 PM, Oryus wrote:
They're bullsh1t.

So, sometimes really smart people have very strange beliefs. Everyone here should be aware of that. Look at us all for example. Most people here are smart, but we can't all be right.

Anyway, I hear advocates of "ancient aliens" often citing things like Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge as engineering impossibilities for people of those modest days (Alien of the Gaps Argument). Have no fear kids, Wally Wallington is here(yes, that is his real name). He is a retired construction worker who uses a technique to build a replica of Stonehenge in his backyard.... by himself. The guy does some pretty amazing stuff. I got a chance to watch a good chunk of his DVD where he details all his strategies for moving and raising, among other things, 20,000 pound concrete bricks..... alone, with no technologies that those folks wouldn't have had access to. Here's a youtube vid of him being featured on some show. And a link to his site. Check him out. Show it to your crazy uncle that believes ancient aliens taught the Egyptians how to build the pyramids.

The Ancient Alien theory is not out of the range of possibility. The problem is that the Ancient Alien theorists are completely wacked. The theorists attracted to the ancient alien theory have the same rational and mentality as conspiracy theorists.

They claimed that the moon was hollow because of the out of context quote "it rang like a bell", and than equated the moon to the death star. For one, there is no sound in space so that quote they cited was not referring to the moon. Furthermore, there is no evidence to support this claim other than the out of context quote.

They also make absurd claims, such as the Anunaki making the Igigi dig for gold in order to pump into the atmosphere of a planet named "nibiru". First of all the text says the Igigi dug for water, not for gold. The point of he Igigi's labor was not to restore the atmosphere of Nibiru, but rather to bring water to Dilmun. "Nibiru" was East Semitic (Babylonian), but the ancient alien theorist claim it is Sumerian, in order to tie their theory together.

Where they got the idea of gold from is a complete mystery, but where they got the absurd idea that it was mined to restore the atmosphere of Nibiru is even more of a mystery.

Another claim that is completely off, is that Enlil is equivalent to the West Semitic El and the Northwest Semitic Yahu, while Enki is equivalent to the West Semitic Ha-Satan.

First off, the word West Semitic word "El" and the Arabic word "Allah" are both derived from the Sumerian root "An".
"An" is Sumerian for;
1.) Heaven
2.) Sky
3.) the deity
4.) a deity
5.) Anu the chief deity and god of the sky
The Sumerians used "An" interchangeably as the proper name for their chief deity, a specific title for a key deity, a generic description of any deity, a term for the sky, and a term for heaven.

In the West Semitic Pantheon the the characteristics of Enki are attributed to El. When El is used to refer to the head of the pantheon, El refers to Enki. El is also used in the West Semitic language as a generic term for any deity. The Sumerian God Anu is completely dropped from the west Semitic pantheon, which focuses on the family of Enki (El), or the "Elohim", rather than the family of Anu (the Anuna).

Yahu (Yhw or Yw) is a god originally worshiped in a region near Moab and Edom named "Yahu" (Yhw), from which the god's name derives. Within the Canaanite Pantheon "yahu" was considered the proper name of El. The cult of Yahu was monolatristic. Yahu was also considered a war god. The consort of Yahu was Asherah, who was likewise the consort of El. Asherah bore El roughly 70 sons creating the Elohim. Asherah is equivalent to the Sumerian Inanna aka Ishtar(queen of the heavens/sky), and El, as previously stated, is equivalent to the Sumerian Enki (lord of the earth). It is likely that their union formed (whether it be historically or through cultural evolution of the myth) in order to justify unifying the kingdoms of heaven and earth under Enki.

I short, Enki is not Ha-Satan, and Enlil is not El/Yahu, butrather Enki is El/Yahu and Enlil is not even mentioned in the west Semitic religion. So once again, their desire to draw a connection has led them to the wrong conclusion due to their tendency to make sh!t up.

Another thing that boggles my mind, is why they believe the Anunaki were reptilian. The anunaki were not reptilian, and nothing in the Sumerian text remotely indicates that they were.

Their translation of "Anunaki" is wrong as well. They translate it as "those from the heaven came", but "Anunaki" actually means "the Anuna of ki". "Ki" meaning earth and "Anuna" meaning the family of Anu.
The 4 primarily Anunaki consists of
1.) Anu
2.) Ki aka Ninhursag, Anu's sister.
3.) Enki, Anu's first born son (with Nammu)
4.) Enlil , Anu's second born son (with Ki), and heir to his throne.

The extended Anunaki consists of;
1.) Nanna-Sin, son of Enlil (while Enlil was banished from Dilmun)
2.) Inanna aka Ishtar, daughter of Nanna-Sin (after Enlil's banishment was lifted), and heir to the heavens.
3.) Utu aka Shamash , Inanna's twin brother.

The Igigi (meaning watchers), were the deities not including in the Anunaki. There were about 300 igigi. Included among them were various children of Enki and Enlil who were not granted Anuna status. The igigi were nothing more than minor deities, just as the Greeks had minor deities not included among the 12 Olympians.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 3:43:28 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

I fvcking love this guy. I think it is a combination of his hair and how he is able to take a picture of a rock and declares the stick figures to be aliens. The show is a joke, but a very funny joke.
Rohan15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 1:54:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think the show is entertaining and does offer some cool theories, but at the same time some (okay, a lot) of their evidence is pretty whack.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 7:08:42 AM
While I see merit in the premise, I find the theorists to be off their rocker. Their arguments and logic are comparable to a conspiracy theorist's. Their arguments are based on half-truths, distorted to fit their predetermined conclusions.
http://i1136.photobucket.com...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 5:51:05 PM
At 12/6/2012 7:23:45 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/2/2012 11:17:25 PM, Oryus wrote:
They're bullsh1t.

The Ancient Alien theory is not out of the range of possibility. The problem is that the Ancient Alien theorists are completely wacked. The theorists attracted to the ancient alien theory have the same rational and mentality as conspiracy theorists.

They claimed that the moon was hollow because of the out of context quote "it rang like a bell", and than equated the moon to the death star. For one, there is no sound in space so that quote they cited was not referring to the moon. Furthermore, there is no evidence to support this claim other than the out of context quote.

They also make absurd claims, such as the Anunaki making the Igigi dig for gold in order to pump into the atmosphere of a planet named "nibiru". First of all the text says the Igigi dug for water, not for gold. The point of he Igigi's labor was not to restore the atmosphere of Nibiru, but rather to bring water to Dilmun. "Nibiru" was East Semitic (Babylonian), but the ancient alien theorist claim it is Sumerian, in order to tie their theory together.

Where they got the idea of gold from is a complete mystery, but where they got the absurd idea that it was mined to restore the atmosphere of Nibiru is even more of a mystery.

Another claim that is completely off, is that Enlil is equivalent to the West Semitic El and the Northwest Semitic Yahu, while Enki is equivalent to the West Semitic Ha-Satan.

First off, the word West Semitic word "El" and the Arabic word "Allah" are both derived from the Sumerian root "An".
"An" is Sumerian for;
1.) Heaven
2.) Sky
3.) the deity
4.) a deity
5.) Anu the chief deity and god of the sky
The Sumerians used "An" interchangeably as the proper name for their chief deity, a specific title for a key deity, a generic description of any deity, a term for the sky, and a term for heaven.

In the West Semitic Pantheon the the characteristics of Enki are attributed to El. When El is used to refer to the head of the pantheon, El refers to Enki. El is also used in the West Semitic language as a generic term for any deity. The Sumerian God Anu is completely dropped from the west Semitic pantheon, which focuses on the family of Enki (El), or the "Elohim", rather than the family of Anu (the Anuna).

Yahu (Yhw or Yw) is a god originally worshiped in a region near Moab and Edom named "Yahu" (Yhw), from which the god's name derives. Within the Canaanite Pantheon "yahu" was considered the proper name of El. The cult of Yahu was monolatristic. Yahu was also considered a war god. The consort of Yahu was Asherah, who was likewise the consort of El. Asherah bore El roughly 70 sons creating the Elohim. Asherah is equivalent to the Sumerian Inanna aka Ishtar(queen of the heavens/sky), and El, as previously stated, is equivalent to the Sumerian Enki (lord of the earth). It is likely that their union formed (whether it be historically or through cultural evolution of the myth) in order to justify unifying the kingdoms of heaven and earth under Enki.

I short, Enki is not Ha-Satan, and Enlil is not El/Yahu, butrather Enki is El/Yahu and Enlil is not even mentioned in the west Semitic religion. So once again, their desire to draw a connection has led them to the wrong conclusion due to their tendency to make sh!t up.

Another thing that boggles my mind, is why they believe the Anunaki were reptilian. The anunaki were not reptilian, and nothing in the Sumerian text remotely indicates that they were.

Their translation of "Anunaki" is wrong as well. They translate it as "those from the heaven came", but "Anunaki" actually means "the Anuna of ki". "Ki" meaning earth and "Anuna" meaning the family of Anu.
The 4 primarily Anunaki consists of
1.) Anu
2.) Ki aka Ninhursag, Anu's sister.
3.) Enki, Anu's first born son (with Nammu)
4.) Enlil , Anu's second born son (with Ki), and heir to his throne.

The extended Anunaki consists of;
1.) Nanna-Sin, son of Enlil (while Enlil was banished from Dilmun)
2.) Inanna aka Ishtar, daughter of Nanna-Sin (after Enlil's banishment was lifted), and heir to the heavens.
3.) Utu aka Shamash , Inanna's twin brother.

The Igigi (meaning watchers), were the deities not including in the Anunaki. There were about 300 igigi. Included among them were various children of Enki and Enlil who were not granted Anuna status. The igigi were nothing more than minor deities, just as the Greeks had minor deities not included among the 12 Olympians.

Preachin to the choir.

Although I would certainly not be so generous as to refer to it as "ancient aliens theory." It is merely a pipedream with no evidence- wishful thinking via extremely poor translations and interpretations of ancient texts and artwork. Not nearly a theory. Not even a hypothesis. And it is only in the realm of "possibility" in that it is not logically impossible, as far as we know, that aliens came/come to Earth. But that's not nearly enough to entertain the idea, let alone believe it's true. It's possible I could have been adopted. But I won't go around acting as if I don't know my biological mother just because it's possible. In the same vein, these folks should quit acting as if this is even a relatively realistic proposition with backing. It ain't.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 5:56:23 PM
On this note, has anyone seen Chariots of the Gods?

It is the most laughable piece of crap I've ever seen. As I watched it, I made a list of the things they said when they should have been offering evidence. It was mostly leading questions. "Could it be that these were actually drawings of ancient rocketships?" "Is it possible that..?" "Does this mean...?" "Doesn't this resemble a....?" "Were there..?" etc. Never an affirmative statement with solid evidence. Ever. The whole thing is allusion and red herring. The uncritical stupidity someone would have to stoop to to buy this crap is absolutely mind-boggling.
:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 8:50:11 PM
At 1/5/2013 5:56:23 PM, Oryus wrote:

It is the most laughable piece of crap I've ever seen. As I watched it, I made a list of the things they said when they should have been offering evidence. It was mostly leading questions. "Could it be that these were actually drawings of ancient rocketships?" "Is it possible that..?" "Does this mean...?" "Doesn't this resemble a....?" "Were there..?" etc. Never an affirmative statement with solid evidence. Ever. The whole thing is allusion and red herring. The uncritical stupidity someone would have to stoop to to buy this crap is absolutely mind-boggling.

Perhaps you mean... illusion?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 10:36:48 PM
At 1/5/2013 8:50:11 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/5/2013 5:56:23 PM, Oryus wrote:

Perhaps you mean... illusion?

That would be a lot cooler. But no, I meant allusion ;)
:
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 11:50:53 AM
This is my favorite UFO footage.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:01:12 PM
At 1/5/2013 5:51:05 PM, Oryus wrote:

Preachin to the choir.

Although I would certainly not be so generous as to refer to it as "ancient aliens theory." It is merely a pipedream with no evidence- wishful thinking via extremely poor translations and interpretations of ancient texts and artwork. Not nearly a theory.
A theory is a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something; so by definition it is a theory.

Not even a hypothesis.
A hypothesis is a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
I would call it a hypothesis, but I would question their methods for proving their hypothesis.
And it is only in the realm of "possibility" in that it is not logically impossible, as far as we know, that aliens came/come to Earth. But that's not nearly enough to entertain the idea, let alone believe it's true.
Long before I've seen tha half baked show, I've wondered if religion was based on Aliens. It is not a New Idea. Many modern cults have been based on a similar belief.
Raelism was based on the belief that ETs created life on Earth, and that religious leaders like Jesus, Buddha, were prophets of the Elohim. The Rael founder, Claude Vorilhon, believed he was abducted by aliens, who gave him secret knowledge.
Heaven's Gate was another UFO religious grup, which committed mass suicide in order to be raptured into a passing UFO, that was supposedly following Comet Hale"Bopp.
Than there are Scientologists, which is a bit more well known due to it's popularity amongst celeberties; like Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Lisa Presley.
Lovecraft also base the Call of Cthulhu on the correlation between Gods as ETs. Even thoug Lovecraft admitted it was BS, for the purpose of creating a fictional story, others took the Call of Cthulhu as fact. Much like Scientology is based on the Science Fiction writings of L. Ron Hubbard.
It's possible I could have been adopted. But I won't go around acting as if I don't know my biological mother just because it's possible. In the same vein, these folks should quit acting as if this is even a relatively realistic proposition with backing. It ain't.
The BS they are spewing is not realistic. They are claiming that man and dinosaurs co-existed, the moon is hollow, earth is hollow, and carbonating is inaccurate.
That being said, there are less subtle clues that Aliens could have influenced religion; their attempts to make those subtle clues more obvious is what has turned the theory into crap.
Instead of looking at each religion independently, it may be better to look at them from a Theologist's point of view. The Egyptian Religion is a mixture between the religion of Upper Egypt (a Tribal African religion), and Lower Egypt (heavily influenced by the Sumerians). The Canaanite religion would later influence the Egyptian Religion as well. All Mesopotamian religions have their origin in the Sumerian religion; this is due to cultural drift, and the fact the Semites and Sumerians derived from a common culture which split around 10,000 BC.
The Greek Religion is a mix between Mesopotamian religions, and Ind-European religions. Poseidon was clearly influenced EnKi, due to their similar characteristics, and the etymological similarities between their names (both mean lord of the Earth).
The Indian culture may have been influenced by the Mesopotamian culture, due to the ancient trade routes between the Indus Valley and the Various Mesopotamian Cultures.
There is also Etymological evidence, that the Turks and Sumerians may have been early trade partners as well. So cultural drift could be spread by the Turks into china, and later Japan.
The Abrahamic religions which dominate today's society were influenced by Canaanites and Akkidians.

Out of the above mentioned religion, the Sumerian religion is the most pure, and has influenced all the other above mentioned religions.

This aside, we can still compare and contrast the Sumerian religion with the religions of southern African and Native American Tribes, as well as the Pagan religion of the ancient Celts.

The Native American Religion was passed down via oral tradition. Unlike the Sumerians who wrote down their oral traditions thousands of years ago, when writing was first invented, the native Americans continued to pass down their tradition orally. That is why there are various versions of the same story, within the same tribal nation. The Iroquois creation myth says that the Sky mother fell from heaven, and a turtle collected mud from the primordial waters, in order to create a home for the sky mother, known as "Turtle island". Turtle Island was a island formed on the back of the Turtle, and is the Native American term for North America. This is similar to the Hindu idea of Kurma, the 2nd incarnation of Vishnu as a Turtle, who supports the world on it's back. The turtle was also a symbol of the Sumerian creator God Enki, who lived at the bottom of the subterranean waters between Earth and Kur. Kur was a term for the underworld, but also referred to the Zagros mountains. Kur was depicted similar to the Hebrew Sheol, who's inhabitants were the shades (rephaim). Sheol was similar to Hades, but also similar to the Mayan Underworld.

The Similarity between the Isolated Natives of the Americas, and the Sumerians suggest a common religion, lost over time. Whether that common religion was influenced by Extra terrestrials is uncertain, but the Sumerian text is the most reliable connection to that common religion, because it was recorded early on. Even so, we have no idea how long it was an oral tradition prior to being recorded, let alone the alterations made by the story teller.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 10:53:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There's so much more to this debate than you know. One thing that I have learned is that I don't really know as much as I think I do. I've learned that the only way to know the truth about something is to do the research. We cannot claim to know something just because we feel like we do. No, we must research to find out if the feeling that we have is justified.
In the case of things like Bigfoot, and ET's, anyone who actually does the research will come out scratching their head, and realize that they didn't know what they didn't know. You cannot get accurate information from the girl on the news. You cannot get accurate information from a guy on AM radio. You must read, and read, and read. At some point you will come to a certain conclusion, as to whether something is fact or fiction, or uncertain.
In the case of Bigfoot or ET, anyone who does the research will either call it fact, or uncertain. In fact, any smart and scientific person will almost certainly call it fact after they have examined the evidence. Those who run to the insult throwing to cover their uncertainty are usually just insecure. These kinds of people want to be smart, and so they have spent their whole lives trying to impress people with their smartness. Dumb people are duped by these people, but the really smart ones are not.
Wanna-be smart guy finds his whole castle crumbling when truly smart people are around him, so he grabs insults out of his rude quiver, and starts lobbing bomb shells of crap on the smart ones who actually have fact, and not fiction.
One really great insult against ET believers is that they are wearing tin-foil hats. Funny, but I've never seen a UFO researcher wearing a tin-foil hat. Nor are Bigfoot researchers ugly, fat, beer drinking white males whose wife is sleeping with the neighbor.
Most ET and paranormal investigators are investigating because they have information that contradicts what science has told us. They know something is happening, and that the news or the government isn't saying anything about it. These investigators want the truth, and because there isn't any place to get that truth, they go out into the woods, and in the old houses, and to the pyramids, and look for mysteries. Some of these mysteries are evident and have great evidence to prove them. There are some places on earth that have unexplainable lights that are filmed and photographed all the time. Scientists are baffled by these lights. There is no scientific understanding of them. And that's just for starters. There are many unexplained phenomenon that science can't explain. They don't even go near these places because their ego's would be crushed when they realize they don't know everything. How terrible that would be. Scary too, since Plato said that those who say they have knowledge have none because there is no pinnacle to knowledge, and those who say they have attained it know nothing about the huge part of the ice berg beneath water.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 1:52:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
"On this note, has anyone seen Chariots of the Gods?"
Has anyone seen 'Charoits Of Fire" I have, do you now the words to the theme song?
While raceing My char-i-ot, I lit my cigar
and then when a horse passed gas there was a fire !
AS you know a horse's flat-u-lence does contain methane,
When this reached the cigars tip, It burst into flame!