Jump to topic:

Native American History

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 3:03:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So I'm taking this class on Native American history and there's a term paper... we have to think of something to write it on which is not in the textbook...

I'm thinking of doing it on the trade routes but I don't know if that's even doable. If I knew enough about Native American history to think of many topics, I wouldn't have taken the class. Odds are when I'm almost done with my paper, I will have been exposed to a million other ideas that I won't be able to go back and do instead. This happens for basically every term paper I do. By the time I figure out what is interesting, it's too late and I'm stuck with some dry topic I couldn't care less about.

Anybody want to save me? Ideas?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 3:27:53 PM
At 2/22/2013 3:03:58 PM, Oryus wrote:
So I'm taking this class on Native American history and there's a term paper... we have to think of something to write it on which is not in the textbook...

I'm thinking of doing it on the trade routes but I don't know if that's even doable. If I knew enough about Native American history to think of many topics, I wouldn't have taken the class. Odds are when I'm almost done with my paper, I will have been exposed to a million other ideas that I won't be able to go back and do instead. This happens for basically every term paper I do. By the time I figure out what is interesting, it's too late and I'm stuck with some dry topic I couldn't care less about.

Theories on assimilation vs. warfare for the Lost Colony of Roanoke, with emphasis on the tribal histories of the Lumbee, the Coree, the Saponi, et al?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 3:32:30 PM
At 2/22/2013 3:27:53 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 3:03:58 PM, Oryus wrote:

Theories on assimilation vs. warfare for the Lost Colony of Roanoke, with emphasis on the tribal histories of the Lumbee, the Coree, the Saponi, et al?

Thanks very much. Those all seem to be topics not directly covered in the textbook. Noted. :)

I had never heard of the Lost Colony of Roanoke.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 9:01:50 AM
The history of the Lenape and the Penn family was always interesting to me.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 4:46:46 PM
At 2/23/2013 9:01:50 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
The history of the Lenape and the Penn family was always interesting to me.

Another good suggestion.

Thank you.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 3:36:03 PM
Settled. Going to do it on vision quests and sweat lodges.

If that isn't interesting, nothing is.
: