1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:46:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Augusto Pinochet of Chile.

Margaret Thatcher of Britain.

Grover Cleveland, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, and Ronald Reagan for the USA.

Any other leaders?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 7:39:45 AM
Caesar Augustus, the first emperor of the Roman Empire was a free market Capitalist for his time.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Christopheratheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 10:54:31 AM
Marcus Licinius Crassus can be considered among one of the first real capitalists. In his quest for wealth a story that emerged after his death on the events of it.

Cassius Dio 40.27
"and while Crassus even then delayed and considered what he should do, the barbarians took him forcibly and threw him on the horse. Meanwhile the Romans also laid hold of him, came to blows with the others, and for a time held their own; then aid came to the barbarians, and they prevailed; 2. for their forces, which were in the plain and had been made ready beforehand brought help to their men before the Romans on the high ground could to theirs. And not only the others fell, but Crassus also was slain, either by one of his own men to prevent his capture alive, or by the enemy because he was badly wounded. This was his end. 3. And the Parthians, as some say, poured molten gold into his mouth in mockery; for though a man of vast wealth, he had set so great store by money as to pity those who could not support an enrolled legion from their own means, regarding them as poor men. 4. Of the soldiers the majority escaped through the mountains to friendly territory, but a part fell into the hands of the enemy. "