Jump to topic:

April: One of the Worst Months

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 10:40:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The RMS Titanic sank, Lincoln gets shot, Napoleon is exiled, the Iron Lady dies. A lot of bad events happen here. What do you think is te worst month in history?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 9:05:23 PM
November. Obama gets elected, and then reelected in that month.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 9:06:21 PM
At 4/13/2013 9:05:23 PM, Subutai wrote:

Let me amend that. Every other November, idiots are elected to decide our lives based on some false perception of "a guiding hand".
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 9:13:34 PM
This sounds pretty bad but I hate most months. I like summer, but it has its problems as well.

But probably January is the worst. It's cold, the middle of the school year, and it is still winter.

And the fact that it is still snowing where I live makes me question the validity of "man made global warming."
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 9:16:09 PM
At 4/13/2013 9:13:34 PM, Contra wrote:
This sounds pretty bad but I hate most months. I like summer, but it has its problems as well.

But probably January is the worst. It's cold, the middle of the school year, and it is still winter.

And the fact that it is still snowing where I live makes me question the validity of "man made global warming."

Lol. I used to never get snow where I live. Then one year, we got 55 inches. This year, it snowed three inches the last week of March.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 9:17:22 PM
"April is the cruelest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain."
- The Waste Land, T.S. Eliot -
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 4:44:08 PM
Now another tragedy has occurred.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 4:49:27 PM
At 4/13/2013 9:05:23 PM, Subutai wrote:

January. Obama was inaugurated, and then re-inaugurated in that Month.

On a serious note, I think September to be one of the worst months with 9/11
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 9:48:57 AM
At 4/12/2013 10:40:57 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
The RMS Titanic sank, Lincoln gets shot, Napoleon is exiled, the Iron Lady dies. A lot of bad events happen here. What do you think is te worst month in history?

I never thought of this at all. Interesting.