Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

On slavery

Anti-atheist
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
DoubtingDave
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 7:56:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

This is why I love you, Anti-atheist <3

You are terrible at trolling. Obvious poe is obvious :D

So it was the black mans fault the whites destroyed them and forcibly took them into slavery? ROFL!
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
Anti-atheist
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 8:00:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:56:56 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

This is why I love you, Anti-atheist <3

You are terrible at trolling. Obvious poe is obvious :D

So it was the black mans fault the whites destroyed them and forcibly took them into slavery? ROFL!

How am I a troll? You clearly dont understand. Hitler was called a troll then he showed them!

Whites didn't forcibly take them into slavery!! Whites were the victims they were demoralized because of the blacks. Blacks put themselves there!
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
buelg
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 12:58:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 8:00:26 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:56:56 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

This is why I love you, Anti-atheist <3

You are terrible at trolling. Obvious poe is obvious :D

So it was the black mans fault the whites destroyed them and forcibly took them into slavery? ROFL!

How am I a troll? You clearly dont understand. Hitler was called a troll then he showed them!

Whites didn't forcibly take them into slavery!! Whites were the victims they were demoralized because of the blacks. Blacks put themselves there!

This is what people call present racism.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 7:25:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is the argument I'm going to use when I kidnap Mr. Anti-Atheist tonight and take him into indentured servitude in Africa :D
0x5f3759df
slo1
Posts: 4,359
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 3:08:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

You probably blamed your brother when your momma asked who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.

The only thing worse than a liar is a thief. Seeing how you are the former, I was going to say you were the later by trying to steal the truth from the gullible, but I think even the gullible can see this lie from a mile away.

Isn't there a commandment or something about not bearing false witness. You gonna burn in hell boy!
Anti-atheist
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 4:00:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2013 3:08:59 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

You probably blamed your brother when your momma asked who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.

The only thing worse than a liar is a thief. Seeing how you are the former, I was going to say you were the later by trying to steal the truth from the gullible, but I think even the gullible can see this lie from a mile away.

Isn't there a commandment or something about not bearing false witness. You gonna burn in hell boy!

LOLLOLOLOLOL I NEVER TOOK THE COOKIE! IM NOT LYING UR THE ONE THATS LYING IM PREACHING THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU JUST ARE TOO ENTERTAINED BY THE FAKE HISTORY THAT YOU LEARN IN SCHOOL
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Subutai
Posts: 3,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:25:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Things you should know:

1. Slave traders frequently kidnapped African children.
2. Every African was an unwilling slave.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Posts: 3,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:26:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2013 10:25:37 PM, Subutai wrote:
Things you should know:

1. Slave traders frequently kidnapped African children.
2. Every African slave was a slave against his will.

Sorry. My first post came out wrong.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 1:15:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

Aren't you just hilarious.
Tsar of DDO
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 4:05:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2013 4:00:01 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 5/13/2013 3:08:59 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

You probably blamed your brother when your momma asked who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.

The only thing worse than a liar is a thief. Seeing how you are the former, I was going to say you were the later by trying to steal the truth from the gullible, but I think even the gullible can see this lie from a mile away.

Isn't there a commandment or something about not bearing false witness. You gonna burn in hell boy!

LOLLOLOLOLOL I NEVER TOOK THE COOKIE! IM NOT LYING UR THE ONE THATS LYING IM PREACHING THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU JUST ARE TOO ENTERTAINED BY THE FAKE HISTORY THAT YOU LEARN IN SCHOOL

and the evident is? Sorry, not familiar with US history so don't really know what you are trying to point. I often heard though that the Africans are from Africa and not all of them (if any at all) are a willing slave.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:41:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 8:00:26 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:56:56 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

This is why I love you, Anti-atheist <3

You are terrible at trolling. Obvious poe is obvious :D

So it was the black mans fault the whites destroyed them and forcibly took them into slavery? ROFL!

How am I a troll? You clearly dont understand. Hitler was called a troll then he showed them!

Heh.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:57:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
technically white men are not the rightful people to god
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 7:00:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

A.) What does the civil war have to do with slavery?
B.) It was both blacks and whites. White Europeans started the slave trade, and rival tribes sold their enemies to the white man.

That being said, slavery is not a European invention. The trade was as old as human civilian.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:06:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 7:00:49 PM, DanT wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

A.) What does the civil war have to do with slavery?
B.) It was both blacks and whites. White Europeans started the slave trade, and rival tribes sold their enemies to the white man.

That being said, slavery is not a European invention. The trade was as old as human civilian.

DanT you racist. Stop rewriting history. Clayton Bigsby has my vote.

http://cms.m1is.com...
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:25:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 7:00:49 PM, DanT wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

A.) What does the civil war have to do with slavery?
B.) It was both blacks and whites. White Europeans started the slave trade, and rival tribes sold their enemies to the white man.

That being said, slavery is not a European invention. The trade was as old as human civilian.

My favorite example of historically weird slavery that goes against the traditional narrative involves Barbary Corsairs who raided Iceland and hauled a good number of Nordic slaves back to the African coast.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 12:12:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 8:06:41 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 5/15/2013 7:00:49 PM, DanT wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

A.) What does the civil war have to do with slavery?
B.) It was both blacks and whites. White Europeans started the slave trade, and rival tribes sold their enemies to the white man.

That being said, slavery is not a European invention. The trade was as old as human civilian.

DanT you racist. Stop rewriting history. Clayton Bigsby has my vote.

http://cms.m1is.com...

What exactly did I say that was racist and/or historically inaccurate?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 12:24:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 8:25:14 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/15/2013 7:00:49 PM, DanT wrote:
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

A.) What does the civil war have to do with slavery?
B.) It was both blacks and whites. White Europeans started the slave trade, and rival tribes sold their enemies to the white man.

That being said, slavery is not a European invention. The trade was as old as human civilian.

My favorite example of historically weird slavery that goes against the traditional narrative involves Barbary Corsairs who raided Iceland and hauled a good number of Nordic slaves back to the African coast.

My favorite story is of Henry Spelman, who was traded to the Powhatan Indians by John Smith in exchange for land. Henry Spelman's uncle, by the same name, was a sherrif and a member of parliament. Henry learned the language and acted as a translator.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 7:51:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is a good oportunity for me to jump in the tube of ice water after some herbal tea and then after I am revigorated Scripturally burry you alive, can't wait. Don't have time to spell correctly, getting ice...
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 7:53:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/21/2013 7:51:37 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
This is a good oportunity for me to jump in the tube of ice water after some herbal tea and then after I am revigorated Scripturally burry you alive, can't wait. Don't have time to spell correctly, getting ice...This is for the poster that is asking for it to begin with, get ready, your sick prayer is going to get answered...
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:20:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Here is a little taste:
Gen_45:5 But don't be sad that you sold me into slavery here or angry at yourselves, because it was God who sent me ahead of you to preserve life.
Exo_2:23 Sometime during those many years the king of Egypt died, but the people of Isra'el still groaned under the yoke of slavery, and they cried out, and their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God.
Exo_6:5 Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the people of Isra'el, whom the Egyptians are keeping in slavery; and I have remembered my covenant.
Exo_6:9 Moshe said this to the people of Isra'el. But they wouldn't listen to him, because they were so discouraged, and their slavery was so cruel.
Exo_13:3 Moshe said to the people, "Remember this day, on which you left Egypt, the abode of slavery; because Adonai, by the strength of his hand, has brought you out of this place. Do not eat hametz.
Exo_13:14 When, at some future time, your son asks you, 'What is this?' then say to him, 'With a strong hand Adonai brought us out of Egypt, out of the abode of slavery.
Exo_20:2 &#1488; "I am Adonai your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the abode of slavery.
Deu_7:8 Rather, it was because Adonai loved you, and because he wanted to keep the oath which he had sworn to your ancestors, that Adonai brought you out with a strong hand and redeemed you from a life of slavery under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
Deu_13:5 (13:61) and that prophet or dreamer is to be put to death; because he urged rebellion against Adonai your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from a life of slavery; in order to seduce you away from the path Adonai your God ordered you to follow. This is how you are to rid your community of this wickedness.
Deu_13:10 (13:11) You are to stone him to death; because he has tried to draw you away from Adonai your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of a life of slavery.
Deu_26:6 But the Egyptians treated us badly; they oppressed us and imposed harsh slavery on us.
Jos_24:17 because it is Adonai our God who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from a life of slavery, and did those great signs before our eyes, and preserved us all along the way we traveled and among all the peoples we passed through;
Jdg_6:8 Adonai sent a prophet to the people of Isra'el, who said to them: "Adonai the God of Isra'el says, 'I brought you up from Egypt, out of a life of slavery.
Ezr_9:8 Now, for a brief moment, Adonai our God has shown us the favor of allowing a remnant to escape and giving us a secure foothold in his holy place, in order for God to make things look brighter to us and revive us a little in our slavery.
Ezr_9:9 For we are slaves. Yet our God has not abandoned us in our slavery, but has caused the kings of Persia to extend grace to us, reviving us, so that we can rebuild the house of our God, repair its ruins, and have a wall of defense in Y'hudah and Yerushalayim.
Neh_5:5 Now our flesh is no different from the flesh of our kinsmen, and our children are the same as their children; yet we are bringing our sons and daughters into bondage as slaves. Some of our daughters have gone into slavery already, and it's beyond our power to do anything about it, because other men have our fields and vineyards."
Neh_9:17 they refused to listen and paid no attention to the wonders you had done among them. No, they stiffened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a leader to return them to their slavery. But because you are a God of forgiveness, merciful, full of compassion, slow to grow angry and full of grace, you did not abandon them.
Lam_1:3 Y'hudah has fled into exile from oppression and endless slavery. She lives among the nations, but there she finds no rest. Her pursuers have all overtaken her in the midst of her distress.
Mic_6:4 I brought you up from the land of Egypt. I redeemed you from a life of slavery. I sent Moshe, Aharon and Miryam to lead you.
Act_7:6 What God said to him was, 'Your descendants will be aliens in a foreign land, where they will be in slavery and oppressed for four hundred years.
Act_7:9 "Now the Patriarchs grew jealous of Yosef and sold him into slavery in Egypt. But Adonai was with him;
Rom_8:15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to bring you back again into fear; on the contrary, you received the Spirit, who makes us sons and by whose power we cry out, "Abba!" (that is, "Dear Father!").
Gal_4:24 Now, to make a midrash on these things: the two women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai and bears children for slavery " this is Hagar.
Gal_5:1 What the Messiah has freed us for is freedom! Therefore, stand firm, and don't let yourselves be tied up again to a yoke of slavery.

Now people take these scriptures out of context all the time. You need to take ALL Scripture as a whole, men are divided so they divide that which comes to them. YHWH restores.
No man put any man into slavery. Man has no power, at all. Man is in slavery to sin, you are decieved.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 2:07:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh and by the way would somebody please remove this piece of trash post? I think I have put in like umpteen requests by now!
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:39:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

How can you say that??
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 8:52:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

nononononono. The blacks were forced into slavery. They couldn't defend themselves. I know this and I'm not even from this country.
frankprisb
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 7:52:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

Yes, Black people were just begging White men to take them on three month voyages across the globe to a land unknown where they would have to work for free the rest of their lives. You have no arguments to back up what you're saying. Please elaborate on what you mean, be specific, and then maybe people won't think you're totally ignorant.

Before Africa was colonized by Europeans there were tribes, thousands of different tribes. Africa is not one country full of similar people. Yes, some blacks helped whites to capture future slaves but that's because they were promised guns, money,or because they were simply forced to. Africans were not all one people singing kumbaya around the camp fire. Africans did not turn on their own people, different tribes attacked other tribes. They did not see each other as one people just because their skin was black. Did white Europeans see themselves as one just because they all had white skin? No? They fought against each other as completely separate nations. They fought more than they ever got along fighting for power. Get it straight and read a book and not just ones that support your ignorant opinions. Challenge yourself and learn both sides of one story.

Never forget this: History is always told from the perspective of the victors, not the victims.
llamainmypocket
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 6:21:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 7:40:13 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Looking at the civil war and stuff, the Blacks put themselves into slavery. It wasn't the white man's fault

The result of slavery for those who were enslaved was undeniably bad and that result was intentional from these white men. These white men had bad intentions and were therefore malevolent.