Jump to topic:

The Moral Case for the British Empire

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 10:50:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What are your thoughts on one of the most important empires in history?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 11:01:53 AM
At 6/25/2013 10:50:32 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

The last time someone linked a video by that "university", I found it to be almost bereft of informative value and fully of propagandistic jingoism.

So, in your own words, what is the "moral case for the British Empire"?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 1:49:34 PM
At 6/26/2013 11:01:53 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

The last time someone linked a video by that "university", I found it to be almost bereft of informative value and fully of propagandistic jingoism.

Basically in the video they argue how war was good and how it was great that the British expanded one of the glorious economic systems ever: mercantilism. It also talks about how the concentration camps during the Boer War were justified. They stunningly claim that the Americans should still remain colonists today as well as the Indians and Egyptians for the benefit of freedom.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 2:14:40 PM
At 6/29/2013 1:49:34 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Basically in the video they argue how war was good and how it was great that the British expanded one of the glorious economic systems ever: mercantilism. It also talks about how the concentration camps during the Boer War were justified. They stunningly claim that the Americans should still remain colonists today as well as the Indians and Egyptians for the benefit of freedom.

Lol. Retards.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 2:38:21 PM
At 6/29/2013 2:14:40 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Lol. Retards.

I was actually joking, but I wanted to know if I could fool wrich since he did not see the video.

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 1:09:07 AM
At 6/29/2013 2:38:21 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 6/29/2013 2:14:40 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Lol. Retards.

I was actually joking, but I wanted to know if I could fool wrich since he did not see the video.

lol, well you fooled someone, just not me. =)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 3:59:29 PM

Air max is ticked, I believe He or She (duno really never met em) is a Jew. YHWH is convicting Him the Maschiach is here and He will have none of it. I will be back after a while. In the mean-time Seek truth in Scripture, YHWH may close this door the the seed He has planted through His servant Sower For the Good Sheppard can grow, I will be back before Ya'acob's Trouble (Tribulation) takes full hold to Reap the Harvest. Shalom.

Repent in Yahushua's name and be Baptized! For the Remmision of sins. Bow down to YHWH and repent.

Look the Father's name, your Creator and His Son are ONE.
YHWH means "Set apart" ok? Not from this Earth. He Created it and you and everything. Simple. Yet He is Awesome.

That is why people cannot comprehend him and demand proof First, well it does not work that way. Trust first, make a decision, then Blessings. Salvation and the whole Whammy follow.

See you all around, As the Governor of Cali said once "I'll be back" For Intellectuals you sure are a rowdy bunch. If YHWH was not convicting the socks off of you then you would all of actually found me quite funny and likable. But it is not about me, now is it. My name is Yohanan. It means John in English and YHWH is Gracious. Bye you guys....hahaha I had some good laughs.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 4:00:43 PM
Imperialism is never justified.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Izazovnog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 12:26:15 PM
At 7/21/2013 4:01:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/21/2013 4:00:43 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Imperialism is never justified.

Why not?

I would say I am inbetween. He says It is never justified. It can be if the country attacks you first, assuming that country did it for an immoral cause.

Your reply 'Why not' partially implies that it is allway's ok. It is not justified to take over countries for power, wealth, and might.
Debate! Challenge me, it will be fun!