The Egypt Conspiracy, TRUE or NOT?

CanWeKnow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:48:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Conspiracy of Egypt

Lol it's 3 hours long, but if you have the time watch it anyway.
I can't help but shake the feeling that these people are simply bull-sh!1!n&.

It does raise an interesting idea though.
The basic theme of the video suggests this:

The Pyramids have long been thought to been built by a primitive civilization using slaves. Their purpose; to glorify the Kings or Pharaohs that ordered them built and provide a final resting place for these royals.

HOWEVER

This is all B.S. promulgated by the media and Egypt's government.
We do not find mummies in any of the Pyramids. The Pyramids were not built to be tombs. We view past civilizations as primitive, but is it corrupt thought to believe that the Ancients had some kind of understanding that we lack in modern science? Perhaps the Pyramids were built in order to take advantage of some alternate energy in order to power the ancient society?

The video goes on to explain this "energy" and why it's possible the Egyptians understood it.

Without first hand knowledge and access to this evidence I am going to call BS on this. "Energy", "Ancient Lost Knowledge", "Mystical Experiences", "Chi", "Karma", and "Hidden Hieroglyphics". Come on.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 9:41:00 AM
At 7/18/2013 1:48:42 AM, CanWeKnow wrote:

The Conspiracy of Egypt

The Pyramids have long been thought to been built by a primitive civilization using slaves. Their purpose; to glorify the Kings or Pharaohs that ordered them built and provide a final resting place for these royals.

HOWEVER

We do not find mummies in any of the Pyramids. The Pyramids were not built to be tombs. We view past civilizations as primitive, but is it corrupt thought to believe that the Ancients had some kind of understanding that we lack in modern science? Perhaps the Pyramids were built in order to take advantage of some alternate energy in order to power the ancient society?

The video goes on to explain this "energy" and why it's possible the Egyptians understood it.

Without first hand knowledge and access to this evidence I am going to call BS on this. "Energy", "Ancient Lost Knowledge", "Mystical Experiences", "Chi", "Karma", and "Hidden Hieroglyphics". Come on.

rofl, this sounds like a really bad movie I saw a while back.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 10:30:35 AM
Absolutely no offense intended, and with the very greatest of respect... are you about six years old?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
CanWeKnow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 12:58:44 PM
At 7/18/2013 10:30:35 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Absolutely no offense intended, and with the very greatest of respect... are you about six years old?

Naw I was just trolling. I could care less about Ancient Egypt anyway.

But, it is a cool idea. XD Come on. You know it is. Wouldn't it be cool? lol.
CanWeKnow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:00:34 PM
At 7/18/2013 9:41:00 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

The Conspiracy of Egypt

HOWEVER

rofl, this sounds like a really bad movie I saw a while back.

=o What are you talking about?! 150 minutes of Megan Fox can never be bad. That was the only reason I saw that movie when it came out.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:12:34 PM
I know you're trolling, but there is a reasonable solution - the tombs were robbed. About every pyramid was robbed of its riches and mummies. Why do you think King Tut was so famous? He wasn't a famous pharaoh when compared to others like Ramses II or Thutmose III.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
CanWeKnow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:24:26 PM
At 7/18/2013 1:12:34 PM, Subutai wrote:
I know you're trolling, but there is a reasonable solution - the tombs were robbed. About every pyramid was robbed of its riches and mummies. Why do you think King Tut was so famous? He wasn't a famous pharaoh when compared to others like Ramses II or Thutmose III.

They address that in the video. Not very well, but they still address it. I think what they said was if the mummies were stolen, why weren't the mummies of the Pharaohs we HAVE found stolen as well? They claim that the mummies we have found were in places a lot less secure and could have been easily stolen by someone who wanted to.

I don't know if that's true, but i'm just quoting back what the video said.

I was just more interested in the idea that there could have been a more advanced society before us, and that they somehow descended into peasantry and the dark ages or got wiped out through some catastrophic event.

Because we view our current time as the most advanced in human history. What if it wasn't? XD

You are now entering... the Twilight Zone.
Doo do doo do dooo do doo dooo.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:33:13 PM
At 7/18/2013 1:24:26 PM, CanWeKnow wrote:

They address that in the video. Not very well, but they still address it. I think what they said was if the mummies were stolen, why weren't the mummies of the Pharaohs we HAVE found stolen as well? They claim that the mummies we have found were in places a lot less secure and could have been easily stolen by someone who wanted to.

I was just more interested in the idea that there could have been a more advanced society before us, and that they somehow descended into peasantry and the dark ages or got wiped out through some catastrophic event.

Because we view our current time as the most advanced in human history. What if it wasn't? XD

Almost all of the royal mummies that have been recovered have come from the Valley of the Kings. The pyramids were a lot more visible. This can be imagined - what's more easy to see and steal from? A easily seen mountain tomb with a means of entry, or a cave deep in a valley behind solid rock?

The video's claim that royal (not common) mummies not stolen, even though they were easily noticeable does not stand up to reason.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
CanWeKnow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:39:37 PM
At 7/18/2013 1:33:13 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 7/18/2013 1:24:26 PM, CanWeKnow wrote:

Almost all of the royal mummies that have been recovered have come from the Valley of the Kings. The pyramids were a lot more visible. This can be imagined - what's more easy to see and steal from? A easily seen mountain tomb with a means of entry, or a cave deep in a valley behind solid rock?

The video's claim that royal (not common) mummies not stolen, even though they were easily noticeable does not stand up to reason.

Yes, the visibility factor was the first thing that came to my mind too.

I'm just surprised that they could actually fill 3 hours of video with that stuff. I'm glad that type of thought doesn't enter the media often.

The last thing I want is more kids running around telling me how the Illuminati is going to take over the world. Especially since they re-aired that Mermaid mock-umentary everyone has tried to convince me that mermaids exist.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 2:54:12 PM
At 7/18/2013 12:58:44 PM, CanWeKnow wrote:

Not helping, kiddo.
CanWeKnow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 12:44:42 AM
At 7/18/2013 2:54:12 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 7/18/2013 12:58:44 PM, CanWeKnow wrote:

Not helping, kiddo.

You can't tell me you don't ever think about aliens, conspiracies, or cover ups and wonder if they might be true.

Have an imagination!
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:13:12 AM
The pyramids were not built with slaves. Anthropologists have found pyramid towns in which the workers lived, and the evidence indicates they were given money.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:15:06 AM
This sounds a lot like the plot for Disney's Atlantis...
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:15:11 AM
Also, the purpose was not just to construct tombs; the pyramids served as a mechanism to centralize state control by forcing people to rely on state-managed crop surpluses. In addition, mortuary cults were created to keep state mythology and the power of the state alive.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 8:00:19 PM
At 7/19/2013 8:15:11 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, the purpose was not just to construct tombs; the pyramids served as a mechanism to centralize state control by forcing people to rely on state-managed crop surpluses. In addition, mortuary cults were created to keep state mythology and the power of the state alive.

Isn't this common knowledge? Almost every great monument in history was built as a political ad. It's not a conspiracy, the Pharaohs themselves believed that they were making themselves immortal. Political demagoguery sounds comical when applied to 4,000 year old monuments.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 11:10:30 PM
At 7/19/2013 8:15:11 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

How did the pyramids specifically do this?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 12:13:45 AM

The Conspiracy of Egypt

HOWEVER

Utter twaddle. You sound smart enough to know that you shouldn't be wasting your time on or forfeiting your credibility over it, so don't!
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.