Jump to topic:

History Quiz!

Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 7:48:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just took AP world history, and without looking on the Internet, I want to see if anyone knows the answers to some trivia. Please don't look up the answers!

1. What was Thomas Paine's first pamphlet called, and what was his second pamphlet's (written during the winter encampment of US revolutionary troops) purpose?

2. What was the name of the Mongolian Khanate that ruled most of present day Russia?

3. What was the importance of the Tokugawa Shogunate to Japan later becoming a world power?

4. How did the children's crusade end?

5. Who was the last queen of Egypt, before the Romans took it over and what was her families' dynasty known as?

6. What is the name of the origin language that diffused across much of southern Africa, dissolving into the many different dialects we see there today?

7. What was the first major dynasty in China to employ the imperial civil service exams to select the government officials?

8. What were the race of Pacific Islanders that discovered many of the islands in the Pacific, such as Hawaii and were one of the first groups to make it to mainland America? (the west coast of south America)
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 8:02:53 PM
At 8/7/2013 7:48:26 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

World history has never been my forte and it's been years since I took the AP test but here are my guesses

I just took AP world history, and without looking on the Internet, I want to see if anyone knows the answers to some trivia. Please don't look up the answers!

1. What was Thomas Paine's first pamphlet called, and what was his second pamphlet's (written during the winter encampment of US revolutionary troops) purpose?

Common sense, and to encourage them to fight on?

2. What was the name of the Mongolian Khanate that ruled most of present day Russia?

Golden Horde?

3. What was the importance of the Tokugawa Shogunate to Japan later becoming a world power?

Modernization?

They were mostly rounded up and enslaved

5. Who was the last queen of Egypt, before the Romans took it over and what was her families' dynasty known as?

Cleopatra and I have no idea

6. What is the name of the origin language that diffused across much of southern Africa, dissolving into the many different dialects we see there today?

Bantu

7. What was the first major dynasty in China to employ the imperial civil service exams to select the government officials?

Quin?

8. What were the race of Pacific Islanders that discovered many of the islands in the Pacific, such as Hawaii and were one of the first groups to make it to mainland America? (the west coast of south America)

Polynesian
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 8:34:59 PM
I agree with all of Thett's answers except for 4, because I don't know that one, and 7 because I think the answer should be Han.

thanks to my crappy WHAP class, I know only half of what I should :P
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 10:28:03 PM
At 8/7/2013 8:34:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
I agree with all of Thett's answers except for 4, because I don't know that one, and 7 because I think the answer should be Han.

thanks to my crappy WHAP class, I know only half of what I should :P

Close, the 1st emperor was Qin Shi Huang of the Qin dynasty. I wouldn't be able to name any other Chinese Emperor.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:57:13 AM

Correct.

Golden Horde?

Correct

Modernization?

Some would include urbanization with that, but pretty much.

Yup, sucked to be them.

The Ptolemaic, they were Greek and descended from one of Alexander the great's generals.

Bantu

Yes

Quin?

That other guy was right, it is the Han.

Polynesian

Yes!

I have a new respect for people on this site.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 11:02:20 AM
At 8/8/2013 5:57:13 AM, Lordgrae wrote:

Quin?

The Qin dynasty preceded the Han Dynasty. Qin was 1st, Han was 2nd. Your teacher was wrong (which is pretty common in high-school).
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 12:02:14 PM

Correct.

Golden Horde?

Correct

Modernization?

Some would include urbanization with that, but pretty much.

Yup, sucked to be them.

The Ptolemaic, they were Greek and descended from one of Alexander the great's generals.

Bantu

Yes

Quin?

Polynesian

Yes!

I have a new respect for people on this site.

I named my hamster Ptolemy after the Ptolemaic Empire... :D
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 7:23:49 PM
At 8/8/2013 11:02:20 AM, DanT wrote:

Quin?

The Qin dynasty preceded the Han Dynasty. Qin was 1st, Han was 2nd. Your teacher was wrong (which is pretty common in high-school).

While correct, the question asked which dynasty was the first, "...to employ the imperial civil service exams to select the government officials?"

While the Qin dynasty preceded the Han Dynasty, the Han Dynasty was the first to employ the Confucian principle of a meritocracy.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 7:28:49 PM
At 8/8/2013 7:23:49 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 8/8/2013 11:02:20 AM, DanT wrote:

Quin?

While correct, the question asked which dynasty was the first, "...to employ the imperial civil service exams to select the government officials?"

While the Qin dynasty preceded the Han Dynasty, the Han Dynasty was the first to employ the Confucian principle of a meritocracy.

Oh, sorry. I guess I misread.