Jump to topic:

Ally, Central, or Not Involved?

PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 2:26:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is the exact same idea as my "Ally, Axis, or Not Involved" thread, but with World War One instead of World War Two. The only difference between side names in the is war is:

Central = same as Axis

So, you give me a country and I'll tell you what side they were on in WW1. Let's see how this goes.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 2:32:25 PM
At 10/8/2013 2:26:25 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
This is the exact same idea as my "Ally, Axis, or Not Involved" thread, but with World War One instead of World War Two. The only difference between side names in the is war is:

Central = same as Axis

So, you give me a country and I'll tell you what side they were on in WW1. Let's see how this goes.

Nick pick

http://en.wikipedia.org...(1882)
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 2:34:31 PM
At 10/8/2013 2:32:25 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Central = same as Axis

Nick pick

Huh? Why a link to a triple alliance?
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 2:35:58 PM
At 10/8/2013 2:34:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:

Central = same as Axis

Nick pick

Because that was the name of the 'Axis Powers' of WW1.

Anyway.

Japan.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 2:38:17 PM
At 10/8/2013 2:35:58 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 10/8/2013 2:34:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:

Central = same as Axis

Nick pick

Because that was the name of the 'Axis Powers' of WW1.

Anyway.

Japan.

Well, kind of. You can call the "axis" of WW1 the "Triple Alliance" or the "Central Powers", but they're still the same thing. It's like how the Allies in WW1 were also called the "Entente Powers".

Japan was an Ally.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 5:31:25 PM
At 10/8/2013 3:39:49 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
Canada

Mexico

Canada-Ally
Mexico-Neutral
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 7:05:40 PM
At 10/8/2013 6:45:08 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Norway.

Neutral, but gave naval assistance to the UK.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 7:11:14 PM
At 10/8/2013 7:07:54 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Sweden.

Neutral
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 7:20:09 PM
At 10/8/2013 7:14:07 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Iceland.

Not Involved.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 7:22:13 PM
At 10/8/2013 7:21:05 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Dominican Republic.

Not Involved.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 7:24:46 PM
At 10/8/2013 7:23:06 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
San Marino.

Ally
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 6:08:12 PM
At 10/9/2013 9:21:12 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Mongolia.

Neutral
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 10:04:08 PM
This is easy. Basically, it was the entire world (minus many neutral countries) against Germany, Austrio-Hungary, Bulgaria, the Ottoman Empire, and all of their territories (including modern day Tanzania, Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, and Iraq, and parts of other countries).
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 8:32:32 AM
At 10/9/2013 10:04:08 PM, Subutai wrote:
This is easy. Basically, it was the entire world (minus many neutral countries) against Germany, Austrio-Hungary, Bulgaria, the Ottoman Empire, and all of their territories (including modern day Tanzania, Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, and Iraq, and parts of other countries).

The Central Powers included: Austria-Hungary (pretty big batch of countries), Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, the Dervish State (now parts of Somalia), Germany, Jabal Shammar (some countries), and the Ottoman Empire (a lot of countries).
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 12:29:23 PM
Hmmm, it's funny
England was actually neutral at first, but only because Germany got involved in Belgium they decided to invade.
Denmark -- this one is tricky. They were neutral but they got a say in Versailles, which would mean they were anti-German from the get. They also wanted revenge for losing the Second Schelling War (but it's much longer roots that just that).
Italy is the weirdest of the countries that were Allied in that they had nothing against Germany, but for some reason they wanted to side with England. :P
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:08:06 PM
At 11/9/2013 12:29:23 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Hmmm, it's funny
England was actually neutral at first, but only because Germany got involved in Belgium they decided to invade.
Denmark -- this one is tricky. They were neutral but they got a say in Versailles, which would mean they were anti-German from the get. They also wanted revenge for losing the Second Schelling War (but it's much longer roots that just that).
Italy is the weirdest of the countries that were Allied in that they had nothing against Germany, but for some reason they wanted to side with England. :P

Italy was an ally because they originally had an alliance with Germany, but Germany and it's allies turned into jerks to them and they decided to become an ally.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:21:20 PM
At 11/9/2013 7:08:06 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Hmmm, it's funny

Italy was an ally because they originally had an alliance with Germany, but Germany and it's allies turned into jerks to them and they decided to become an ally.

Proof? Last time I checked Italy was so outraged by England's treatment of them at Versailles that they sided with them again.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:34:14 PM
At 11/9/2013 7:21:20 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Hmmm, it's funny

Proof? Last time I checked Italy was so outraged by England's treatment of them at Versailles that they sided with them again.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

It's not so much that the Centrals treated them badly as the allies treated them better.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:39:23 PM
At 11/9/2013 7:34:14 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Hmmm, it's funny

It's not so much that the Centrals treated them badly as the allies treated them better.

It means nothing, Italy never would agree in any universe with what England and Denmark did, and at the end of the war they became the enemies of the two, and I don't blame them. They also hated how Germany was treated.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 7:40:19 PM
At 11/9/2013 7:34:14 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Hmmm, it's funny

And what's so good about being offered land to steal and loot anyway. If I were Italy I would not side with Allied scum.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2013 8:53:28 AM
At 11/9/2013 7:49:40 PM, SCHUMAN8R wrote:
Micronesia

Central.

Oh, and Adam2, shut up.