Jump to topic:

"CSA [Confederate]" was an incorrect movie

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 6:55:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
You guys can post your arguments. But while I dislike what happened in Jim Crow, I think we're blaming the wrong people. Jim Crow is not the fault of former Confederates. It's the fault of the English (also called Yankees) who were in New England, and settled in the South, after winning the conquest called the Civil War. The war had nothing to do with slavery, as slavery came under the USA flag/English flag. Many of the Southern colonies were originally Scottish and founded with slavery to be illegal in them. It's only after the English took over those colonies, that slavery would become legal. Now, mind you the movie, if it were to make fun of neo-Confederates, who I think are a disgrace, would be true, except... the Nazi part. Neo-Confederates are more in common with the Ku Klux Klan than neo-Nazis. Klan is very puritan.
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 8:28:02 AM
At 10/15/2013 6:55:01 AM, Adam2 wrote:
You guys can post your arguments. But while I dislike what happened in Jim Crow, I think we're blaming the wrong people. Jim Crow is not the fault of former Confederates. It's the fault of the English (also called Yankees) who were in New England, and settled in the South, after winning the conquest called the Civil War. The war had nothing to do with slavery, as slavery came under the USA flag/English flag. Many of the Southern colonies were originally Scottish and founded with slavery to be illegal in them. It's only after the English took over those colonies, that slavery would become legal. Now, mind you the movie, if it were to make fun of neo-Confederates, who I think are a disgrace, would be true, except... the Nazi part. Neo-Confederates are more in common with the Ku Klux Klan than neo-Nazis. Klan is very puritan.

Are you kidding me?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 9:05:01 AM
At 10/15/2013 8:28:02 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:

Are you kidding me?

I see, you must be one of the apologists of English ancestry who thinks England's empire was wonderful, right? And that Denmark's empire in Greenland is something to be proud of.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 9:07:52 AM

Are you kidding me?
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 9:11:25 AM

Are you kidding me?

"I will say here, while upon this subject, that I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so. I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and the black races. There is a physical difference between the two, which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position. I have never said anything to the contrary, but I hold that, notwithstanding all this, there is no reason in the world why the negro is not entitled to all the natural rights enumerated in the Declaration of Independence, the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." This is that Anglo-Saxon president we all seem to love.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 9:16:55 AM

Are you kidding me?

And the Mexican-American War was not restricted to the those who would become future Confederates. Many English Union men took part in this atrocious war. Ulysses S Grant (Englishman), Kit Carson (Englishman), Joseph Lane (pro-slavery, but pro-Union), Robert F. Stockton (Englishman, led a Union militia when the Confederates wanted to seceed in New Jersey). So much for our heroic Union men.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 9:18:24 AM

Are you kidding me?

OK I take back what I said about Lincoln, cause he did protest the Mexican-American War, but many soon to be Unioners would be for this war too.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 9:25:26 AM

Are you kidding me?

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 9:26:14 AM

Are you kidding me?

http://en.wikisource.org...
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 7:54:04 PM
At 10/15/2013 9:26:14 AM, Adam2 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

http://en.wikisource.org...

Imabench was right. You really are THAT stupid.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess