Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

A question for black people?

Adam2
Posts: 1,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 4:45:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You are aware that the people who oppressed you in Jim Crow and in most northern European countries up til 50, 60 years ago, had nothing to do with slavery right? I'm just asking cause I dealt with a buncha stupid idiots who say that "Lincoln freed the slaves because he believed in equal rights for blacks" and stuff that I don't think is in history books, just dumb things that make me say George Carlin was right, "Some people are really f--king stupid." Jim Crow and slavery are not the same. Mind you, all slavery supporters were oppressors, but not all oppressors were slavery-supporters. Just asking to make sure this isn't propaganda, but stupidity that I hear. Thanks.
Adam2
Posts: 1,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Adam2
Posts: 1,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 6:43:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.

That is ONE city in ONE colony. And why do you have to be so rascist all the time?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Adam2
Posts: 1,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 6:46:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 6:43:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.

That is ONE city in ONE colony. And why do you have to be so rascist all the time?

I'm just talking about the English Empire. How many proud Americans do I see always saying Japs, and the French, when referring to history? I can say the English then.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 7:00:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 6:46:06 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:43:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.

That is ONE city in ONE colony. And why do you have to be so rascist all the time?

I'm just talking about the English Empire. How many proud Americans do I see always saying Japs, and the French, when referring to history? I can say the English then.

Because the Japs and the French somehow took part in our history. *cough* WWII *cough*.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Adam2
Posts: 1,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 7:01:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 7:00:09 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:46:06 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:43:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.

That is ONE city in ONE colony. And why do you have to be so rascist all the time?

I'm just talking about the English Empire. How many proud Americans do I see always saying Japs, and the French, when referring to history? I can say the English then.

Because the Japs and the French somehow took part in our history. *cough* WWII *cough*.

Are you saying Japs and French in a mean way? If not, then I can say the English took Scottish territories.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 7:06:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 7:01:18 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 7:00:09 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:46:06 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:43:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.

That is ONE city in ONE colony. And why do you have to be so rascist all the time?

I'm just talking about the English Empire. How many proud Americans do I see always saying Japs, and the French, when referring to history? I can say the English then.

Because the Japs and the French somehow took part in our history. *cough* WWII *cough*.

Are you saying Japs and French in a mean way? If not, then I can say the English took Scottish territories.

No, I have nothing against the Japs and French. I'm in no way a rascist (unlike you).
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Adam2
Posts: 1,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 7:10:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/12/2013 7:06:18 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 7:01:18 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 7:00:09 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:46:06 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:43:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.

That is ONE city in ONE colony. And why do you have to be so rascist all the time?

I'm just talking about the English Empire. How many proud Americans do I see always saying Japs, and the French, when referring to history? I can say the English then.

Because the Japs and the French somehow took part in our history. *cough* WWII *cough*.

Are you saying Japs and French in a mean way? If not, then I can say the English took Scottish territories.

No, I have nothing against the Japs and French. I'm in no way a rascist (unlike you).

In what way am I a racist? Because I say the English and Danish a lot? That's not racist. I'm not referring to the people, but the country. When you refer to Japan and France and their colonies, you say the Japs (though that might be a bit insulting, I prefer Japanese) and French don't you? OK then, I say the English and Danish, and yes they had empires.
scots
Posts: 167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 1:56:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well you clearly hate the Scots-Irish for what they did, but they started it and it was taken up by other peoples. it is understandable to hate the people who committed the crimes but you say the are all bad for what few of them did which in my opinion is not right.
"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears."
- John Lennon
AstridDragonSlayer
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 5:43:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My question for all the people who commented on this question: How on earth did it degenerate into WWII and colonies and racial slurs? The question was about Jim Crow laws and slavery being separate or the same.

Honestly, I have no idea about propaganda/stupidity; the line is hard to draw. I think the teachers of that "fact" are spreading propaganda and the acceptors thereof just swallow it. Truth is, Abraham Lincoln was not for "equal rights" for blacks in the way we think of them today. He was, however, for the blacks' enjoyment of the same basic rights of humanity that all should enjoy: the right to eat the bread that one earned and the right to raise one's own family. Jim Crow laws were the response of racially prejudiced whites to the new amendments that allowed blacks to vote. The Jim Crow laws were instituted after the Reconstruction era, so they came after Lincoln and the era of slavery by about 10-20 years at the least.
LandoFan
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 10:40:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Slavery and Jim Crow have this in common: the intent was to elevate one people over another and to keep those peoples separate. Both were reprehensible and inexcusable. I find it terribly sad and disheartening that in this modern age in America, we are still following the obsolete, bigoted idea of races. It always was an absurd notion and full of hate. It still is. The twisted fruits of the concept are readily observable; especially on this post.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 9:10:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2013 6:35:24 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/12/2013 6:14:59 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/12/2013 4:45:47 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Idiots annoy me, and the worst part is when you show them facts, but still insist they're right. :/

Says the one who thinks the colonies were Scottish.

Uh, yeah, Darien, GA, was founded by the Scots. Many of those Southern settlements were Scottish, til the freaking English stole it from them, making slavery legal.

Scotland and England were united in the 1600's - making the development of the Colonies a decidedly "United Kingdom" affair - British.

Indeed, idiots are annoying, and the delineation between the inhabitants of a colony and the political and legal control of a colony is not an inconsequential delineation. To trample the one with the other is ... obfuscatory at best.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 9:12:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/10/2014 10:40:28 AM, LandoFan wrote:
Slavery and Jim Crow have this in common: the intent was to elevate one people over another and to keep those peoples separate. Both were reprehensible and inexcusable. I find it terribly sad and disheartening that in this modern age in America, we are still following the obsolete, bigoted idea of races. It always was an absurd notion and full of hate. It still is. The twisted fruits of the concept are readily observable; especially on this post.

Good post.