Jump to topic:

Imabench Presents: DDO History

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:40:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Good evening fellow DDO member. If you are reading this, then you are about to enlighten yourself on some of the truly epic history that has transpired on DDO long before you or I ever stepped foot here..... My name is Imabench, and I am the one who will be presenting to you, the reader, these episodes of DDO history and legend in this thread for your pleasure......... I stayed up long into the night week after week, month after month, to research these legendary tales of DDO's history so that I can accurately recount them in this thread as best I could, but due to the ancient and mysterious nature of the events recounted here, I issue you all a warning:

Not all of what you are about to read is 100% true. Most of the main features of the legends below are based on reality and past events that did actually happen, but some of it has been slightly to even greatly exaggerated to fill in the blank spots....... No amount of research could ever ensure that these stories be told with 100% accuracy, but I did the best I could.

That being said, every legendary tale is organized into 'books' with each legendary tale of DDO history getting its own book...... If you have memory of a DDO legend or event that you believe should be told in this thread, or if you simply want to recommend something that you believe should be dramatically retold in this thread, simply ask me on my profile or in a PM, and I'll see what I can do.

Until then: Enjoy the enlightenment!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:40:55 PM
Book 1: The Legend of kfc

Long Ago DDO was plunged into a dark age known to many simply as 'The Rune Wars' where intellectuals struggled tooth and nail to try to have their voice heard in the opinions section without being berated by everyone else who also happened to be in that forum. It was a time when Intellectual discussion was nonexistent, and anyone who tried to have one would be shunned and berated off the site by the hundreds of trolls who ran the site.

The Rune Wars marked the end of the Age of Trolls, an age where smart people lied low and tried to avoid being identified as intellectuals to avoid being harassed off the site. During the Age of Trolls, DDO was nothing more then a giant stupid contest where people who acted the most retarded had the most power. Then along came the Rune Wars, a series of multiple coordinated struggles that took place over the course of ten months that was started when intellectual people came out of hiding and asserted their intelligence onto the forums. Nobody knows who was the very first member to lead the charge and try to spark a good discussion on the forums in defiance of the trolls, but many other intellectual people followed and tried to make DDO a safe haven for intelligent discussion, rather then just a giant troll fest.

The intellectuals though were tremendously outnumbered, and many of them ended up being driven off the site by the massive hordes of trolls who fought them in the Rune Wars. Those who werent berated off the site simply left on their own accord in fear that they would be the next target to be harassed to no extent.... Thats the reason why there are so few people left on DDO who have stuck around for the 4-5 years that the site has been around.

At several points during the Rune Wars, so few smart people were left that the revolting faction of smart people had to retreat back into hiding and feign that they had fled the site, only to come back en masse once their numbers grew enough for them to resume fighting the troll horde. These periods of going into brief hiding until reinforcements appeared is why the Rune Wars are referred to plurally, because it wasnt one continuous conflict, but it also wasnt a series of wars with clear distinct time periods of peace between both factions.

I didnt come to DDO until long after the Rune Wars ended, but the leader of the troll army shared much in common with me, which is why many people on DDO are antsy about my presence. The Dark one who was the undeniable king of the troll horde during the Rune Wars and the Age of Trolls was known as 'Fluffy', a troll who was enough of a d*ck to everyone to be king of all the other trolls, yet still barely smart enough to know how to get his troll minions to carry out his bidding and wage war against those who wanted to make DDO a safe haven for smart people. Fluffy was the one who formally declared war against the intellectuals of the site who wanted to make DDO better, and for the longest time, he ruled DDO with an iron fist and almost won the conflict.

There werent any real mods back in DDO during its early days, meaning that there was no check on Fluffy's power as king of the Troll Horde. Back then, whoever had the most peers ruled over the site and could bend it to his will. The Rune Wars were the first time ever someone tried to challenge Fluffy's rule over the site with his troll horde, and for the longest time, it appeared that they would fail and that Fluffy and his army would triumph in the rune wars.

But then the intellectuals devised an ingenious plan to bring down Fluffy and his iron-fisted rule over DDO. The plan was to come up with a catchphrase that the intellectual members could post in any conversation that trolls would try to derail, in order to piss them off, literally trolling the troll horde. The intellectuals disagreed what the catchphrase should be, how long it should be, etc until one person who was relatively unknown at the time calmly stood up and hatched the perfect catchphrase.

His name was Koopin.

Koopin was an intellectual who admitted to enjoying trolling his fellow smart people every once in a while, a trait that no one else at the time had back then. Koopin was the one whose deep knowledge of how trolls can be tamed or thwarted was matched by no other intellectual at the time, and it allowed him to devise the perfect catchphrase to beat the trolls.

That phrase, was 'kfc'

It was short enough that anyone could post it and remember it, while random enough to completely bring any fight to a sudden stop, but also catchy enough for intellectuals to find joy in using it to thwart trolls..... The term 'kfc' is literally the plague that the intellectuals created to destroy the troll horde. The phrase was used as a response to anything a troll would post to try to derail a conversation, and the science behind the strategy was brilliant because it revealed the secret to beating a troll:

Ignoring trolls doesnt make them go away, acknowledging their presence and giving a completely neutral yet dismissive response to whatever they post over and over is what drives them away, and nobody knew that until the phrase 'kfc' came along. Intellectuals were soon using the phrase 'kfc' all over the site to drive trolls out of their posts and allow for intellectual discussion to take root.

The phrase spread like wildfire. At first only smart people used it against trolls criticizing their intellectual posts, but then something completely unexpected even from Koopin happened..... The trolls began to use the phrase on each other just to annoy each other! The trolls were oblivious to the fact that every time someone used the phrase 'kfc', they drew further and further away from the power of Fluffy by causing division among the troll horde held together only by the iron will of Fluffy.

Fluffy hated the phrase 'kfc' to no extent, because it was a stubborn form of resistance to his rule that had absolutely no meaning or relevance, yet the phrase somehow hypnotized his own troll horde into using it on each other, tearing apart that which he had struggled for so long to build. Fluffy tried to hide his hatred for the phrase 'kfc', but his minions soon found out about it, and they trolled the ever loving f**k out of him with the phrase once they learned he hated it....

Within weeks, Fluffy had been driven out of power by his own troll horde who found it hysterical that their alleged troll hero could be driven insane by such a meaningless catchphrase. The intellectuals seized the opportunity to end the troll wars once and for all now that Fluffy was no longer in power, so they kept fighting fire with fire and keeping the trolls in check by using the phrase 'kfc' to protect intellectual conversations from being derailed by trolls. Two months after the fall of Fluffy, the troll horde had grown so divided and unorganized that they no longer tried to derail every intellectual discussion they could find, and they simply began to leave the smart people who wanted to have smart conversations to themselves.

And just like that, the Rune Wars drove to its end. Just like how there is no clear moment in time when the Rune Wars started, there is also no clear moment when the Rune Wars ended, it just sort of dissipated into oblivion like Fluffy. All that is truly known is that the priceless phrase 'kfc' was what managed to bring down the troll king and his iron will over the site.

And so the tradition continued where people would use the phrase 'kfc' almost at random in the forums when trying to annoy people, it is the symbol of the triumph of the intellectuals over the idiots that is forever preserved in memory every time the phrase is used.

And that, is the legend of kfc
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:41:16 PM
Book 2: The legend of nac

Following the Rune Wars, DDO entered a period of uneasy peace, where no one person ruled over the site with an iron fist, but also a time when there was no system of order in place at all. Fluffy was vanquished from DDO, but many other equally bad trolls still plagued the site, driving both intellectuals and trolls alike crazy. These mega trolls, known simply as 'Plague members' harassed members and conversations not because they were trolling, but because they were just horrible, horrible people both in real life and on DDO.

The precious 'kfc' had very little effect on these members, it would have to be used repeatedly in threads to drive plague members out of conversations, which would only cause them to go harass other threads or possibly the same thread at a later time. the phrase 'kfc' had proven its use in dragging down troll kings, but it was helpless to stop individual trolls who had no intention of trying to seize power on the site.

For many months following the end of the tune wars, these plague members got worse and worse. intellectuals and normal trolls alike compared plague members to that of the infamous fluffy, except even more evil then him since plague members trolled for sick pleasure, rather then try to obtain/maintain power. Since there was no ruler to oversee the site, there was no means for the members to drive away plague members from the site.

But then, Juggle appeared.

Juggle is a mysterious being that came from a dimension outside that of DDO, and there are rumored to be many other entities like Juggle out there. They arent a person, and they have powers that far exceed those of any member, but they have person-like qualities that allowed them to impose order on the site without freaking out a lot of people.

Juggle did not want to own and rule the site, they merely wanted to claim it as their own and let it be, for reasons that still escape many members. It is unknown why the great Juggle was interested in DDO and what they gain out of owning it, but regardless of motivation, Juggle allowed for there to be a way to impose order on the site following the fall of Fluffy in the Rune Wars.

To impose order on the site, Juggle received a code of laws that they presented to DDO as the 'Terms of Use' or ToS for short. Some of the more religious members of DDO claimed that Juggle is a prophet who received the ToS on golden tablets given to Juggle by God, but those people tend to be complete idiots.

Juggle used the ToS to impose order onto DDO, and they used their mystical powers to remove plague members who violated some of those rules, but then some of the rules imposed in the ToS seemed to be a little too restricting for comfort for people on DDO. There were several that were originally enforced and then simply ignored, but one of them stubbornly remained enforced, a ban on all posts or comments that were all capital letters.

This ban on all caps posts and comments ticked off many people on DDO, for each person could think of a handful of instances where a response or a post in all capital letters wasnt just unethical, but sometimes even justified. People protested against the rules, but Juggle had used their other-worldly powers to ensure that the rule would be enforced, so that people literally couldnt post sentences in all capital letters.

This put everyone on DDO on edge, because although Juggle had imposed order on the site and set up the process for the removal of plague members, some of the rules they enforced seemed to be ludicrous, and more aimed at non-problem members then plague members. This created a standoff between Juggle and DDO, a standoff that if escalated to full on war would make the Rune Wars look like child's play, and for a couple of months the conflict slowly began to escalate to the point that war between DDO and Juggle looked imminent.

For months up until 'nac' came along, members would simply work around the filter that banned posts in all caps simply by leaving one letter uncapitalized, which was an issue since a good number of smart people on DDO have massive cases of OCD. Now if youve ever seen people with OCD freak out, it is really scary and kinda hysterical at the same time, but mostly scary. Every time someone got around the all caps filter by leaving one letter uncapitalized, it drove people with OCD a little more crazy. This would in turn caused the trolls to begin trolling the smart people again, since their reaction to words with all but one letter not capitalized mirrored Fluffy's reaction to the phrase 'kfc', and thus the stage for another war was set in motion. This potential war between trolls and intellectuals though would be different, since the trolls would be allied with an other-dimensional and ultra-powerful being this time, Juggle. Such a war would surely end in defeat for the intellectuals, but with their chronic weakness of being OCD now exposed, the filter causing people to leave all but one letter uncapitalized in posts slowly chipped away at their sanity.

And then, 'nac' came along

'nac', unlike 'kfc', actually has a meaning behind it. 'nac' is actually an acronym for 'Not all caps' that was invented by an unknown member of DDO when a war between the intellectuals, the trolls, and the powerful Juggle seemed just months away. Just like it is unknown who invented it, it is also unknown when and where it was used for the first time, and the same is true for 'kfc'. Unlike 'kfc' though, 'nac' was a phrase utilized by the intellectuals to override the filter without exposing their OCD weakness to an un-unified horde of trolls, not necessarily to bring down those in control of the site.

'nac' worked by people posting it at the very end of sentences that were in all caps, which allowed them to keep their sentence in all caps while also getting around the filter without driving OCD intellectuals up a wall. 'nac' was used by intellectuals at first, and just like 'kfc' before it, trolls began to adopt the new phrase as well, and used it when they posted sentences in all capital letters. This not only protected the intellectuals OCD weakness from being exploited to no extent, it also was a loophole that members on the site used to get around Juggle's filter they imposed against all capital sentences. As 'nac' became used more and more in both the forums and comments on debates, people became less and less caring that the ban on all caps posts existed, which caused the conflict over the ban to deflate to the point of irrelevancy. When polls and the opinions section came along, the phrase 'nac' ensured that no conflict would arise between the all-caps sentence ban and the OCD of intellectuals, in effect completely nullifying what likely would have been the final blow that would have led to all out war between trolls and their ally Juggle against the intellectuals.

Instead of another war breaking out, peace was preserved, and now the all-caps ban is seen just a minor inconvenience that people can easily circumvent without driving OCD people crazy. To this day, people still use the term 'nac' to circumvent the rule and ensure peace between the three main factions of DDO, effectively keeping the peace between the great factions.

The term 'kfc' may have ended the Rune Wars, but it was the term 'nac' that prevented an even bigger war from breaking out following the Rune Wars, and ensured that order would be preserved in DDO following the Age of Trolls.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:41:49 PM
Book 3: The Legend of the Forums

Long ago, before all other legends of DDO, there was the DDO that very, very few people ever saw or experienced. Debate.Org literally started out as a site for only debating, meaning that the only way people could communicate was in the comments sections of debates, comments posted on people's profiles, pm's, and smoke signals. It was a very primitive site with very few means of interaction between people. It was as isolationist as you could get, and it was just about impossible for people to converse on a topic en masse before the forums came along.

It was a long time before the forums did come along, several months to a year to be precise, but very shortly into the existence of DDO, the forums were born

BEHOLD: THE FIRST FORUM: http://www.debate.org...

And thus, the forums were born. People were now free to start conversations about anything on the site that anyone could join without having to hijack the comments section of a debate to do so. The forums were organized into different subjects, so that people who wanted to pose questions about a specific topic could go to a specific forum and ask it.

For example, someone who wanted to ask a question about technology stuff could go to the tech forum and create a thread there

BEHOLD: THE SECOND FORUM: http://www.debate.org...

The tech forum was the first forum to have a thread made in it outside of the DDO main forum. This happened 5 years ago, and rumor has it that this was the last time the technology forum was ever relevant in DDO.

Soon, forums started being made in other forums... The third forum ever created was made in the society section: http://www.debate.org... , the fourth forum ever created was in the main DDO forum: http://www.debate.org... , and the fifth forum ever created was made in the arts forum: http://www.debate.org...

Like the tech forum, the arts forum saw its first forum made in it 5 years ago, which also was the last time the arts forum was ever relevant to DDO, since both of them are almost never used anymore.

Some of the forums created were actually prophecies for the future of DDO, such as the first forum ever made in (ironically) the religion section (http://www.debate.org... ) The title of which said 'Religious debates are futile'... In the end, we can all see the relevance behind this warning.

Another prophecy thread that was made was also the first screw up someone made while making a thread, and it was also the first forum ever made in the politics section, and the 8th forum ever made on DDO: http://www.debate.org... , In this one, people are asked to predict how the Palin/Lieberman debate would go, in which everyone quickly pointed out that Palin was running against Biden for VP, not Lieberman...... Such a precious moment in the history of the forums of DDO, follied by someone who forgot who was running for VP for Obama in 2008.

And thus, the doorways were opened, and DDO became molded into what it is today with the advent of the forums. For the next 5 years, DDO would transition from a debate-centered society into a forum-centered one, as member after member spent more time posting in the forums then they did debating stuff. To this day, any and all activity that happens not just on DDO, but in the real world as well, is first discussed by members in the forums rather then debated by members in debates.

The forums were also a huge development for DDO since they not only allowed for people to discuss topics much more freely, they also finally gave people a voice to protest on many of the problems that plagued DDO, namely multiaccounting and votebombing, the two great evils of DDO. (Trolling is third, and the Weekly Stupid comes in at fourth)

The forums set the stage for people to speak out against these two things, and lifted DDO out of its dark aged origins onto a platform for potential greatness and growth. The forums did have a mixed blessing though, because like democracy in general, the problem with everyone having a voice is that EVERYONE has a voice..... While the forums allowed for the potential for intellectual discussion to take place more freely and more often, it also infamously opened the door for trolls to annoy and bother people on a massive scale, leading to the rise of the Age of Trolls, the Rule of Fluffy, the Rune Wars, etc.

But something else also happened when the forums were made..... The rise of Mafia.

One of the forums made on DDO was the 'Games forum' a forum where people could talk about games and stuff. Instead though, the first two forums made in the games forum were actual games people could play through forum posting.

The first game was made by the great Kleptin, a finish the story game:

The Second game was made by the legendary Logic-Master, a name that fallacy game:

And so the games forum turned into an actual games section for people to play games that was based on forum posting, rather then as a forum for people to discuss games. This led to the rise of the Mafia, another legend of DDO in itself, that would go on to make the games section of DDO the largest of all the forums, larger then even the religious section, and dwarfing the size of other forums....

Without the forums, all other legends of DDO would never have taken place, and DDO would not be the place that any of us know it today since just about all the legendary tales of DDO go down on the forums..... Even though the other legends of DDO certainly have weight and importance, the Legend of the Forums is easily the largest and most important legend, since it opened the door for all the other legends to take place....

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:42:08 PM
Book 4: The Legend of Mafia

Many legends of DDO lore focus on key events that took place in the crafting of DDO as we know it, or are simple traditions meant that have roots back to significant internal conflicts within DDO. The Legend of Mafia however, is not one of them. The Mafia is purely an invention of the members of DDO that has come to be one of the most well seen aspects of DDO culture, making it truly unique compared to other DDO tales. Mafia, unlike the other tales, is also very well understood by people all over DDO, and its characteristics are far more documented then any other aspect of DDO.

The DDO Mafia was invented in the games forum of DDO once the forums went active, the Mafia itself is a reference to the most common type game on DDO. Mafia games focus on people being divided into two opposing teams with each person given a particular skill they can use to discover who is on which team. Mafia can be summarized as simple as that, yet it is a very very complex system that only the best can ever master. This makes the Mafia not just a game to be played, but a skill to be learned and mastered only by those with the will and wits to do so.

Mafia has been around ever since the forums went live, and like most other fables of DDO, nobody is entirely sure who first crafted the idea of the Mafia and how it would work. What makes this legend different then all the others is that a year ago, something truly unique took place..... The very history of the ancient origins of Mafia was documented and preserved, into a holy book.

The following is a link to The Book of Mafia, a holy text on the origins of mafia that was crafted by one of the Mafia's most legendary participants and masters, Drafterman. The book does not credit a specific person for inventing Mafia, but it instead provides precious insight into how it still came about:

The original Book of Mafia took up a full 8000 characters and was divided into 7 individual books. I say 'original' not because a newer Book of Mafia has been crafted, it hasnt yet, but because other mafia players have since come along and added additional books to the original holy texts, only adding to the legend of uniqueness of Mafia on DDO..... No other aspect of DDO as ancient as the Mafia has ever been as well documented as the Mafia has been, and it is these qualities which makes many people consider Mafia as the religion of DDO....

Mafia as it we saw in its earlier days has gone on and evolved into many, many different forms over the years. Rarely do you see mafia games on DDO where the theme is actually mafia, instead there are mafia games with themes modeled after Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Monopoly, World Wars, Adventure Time, etc.... Mafia games can be themed after just about anything that exists, but Mafia itself still retains its historical origins as a mafia-themed game by having the powers that players receive in those games be based on roles that were originally crafted from those of the original Mafia......... This means that regardless of what the theme of a Mafia game is made to be, the roles and powers you get in those games are still described by their equivalent in mafia-themed terms

Besides changes to themes that Mafia games can be played in, Mafia has also evolved to the point where people can now host 'Quickfire' mafia games, meant for entire rounds to take place over the span of merely a few hours. This has been the most profound and recent change to be made to Mafia when in the past, Mafia rounds could last days, even up to a week. The ability for quickfire games to take place is owed largely to the commitment of those who play Mafia combined with a large enough user base on DDO for such games to receive enough players to participate, showing that as long as DDO grows and stays devoted to gaming, Mafia will always have a future in DDO.

Mafia though is not a game that is void of causing controversy, it has done that countless times and can even claim to be the oldest drama creator on DDO. Mafia works by dividing people into teams and then trying to use logic, wit, and analysis to try to root out who is on the evil side. Once in a while though, reason and analysis fail, and some people who were on the good side accidentally get lynched from the game even though they were the good guys........ Such events have led to members going off on one another, since the only thing that pisses off an intellectual more then someone leaving all but one letter in caps is getting lynched in a game by a fellow intellectual due to faulty logic. Intellectuals have historically been a very united people's, but in the arena of mafia, those tendencies no longer have wait, and everyone adopts a kill-or-be-killed mentality...... There have been several cases of intellectuals decapitating farm animals and leaving them at the door of other intellectuals's homes as a result of conflicts that arose in mafia games, and some times several intellectuals will gang up to kidnap the entire family of the one intellectual that screwed up..... Mostly though intellectuals just meet in the DDO underground Coliseum and fight until one of the intellectuals has broken all of their limbs...

Point is: Its a very edgy sport....

Mafia is not simply ancient, well-documented, and adaptable.... It has this unique capability of being able to pit friends and allies against each other in a game to the death (figuratively), and cause those relationships to whither and even die in as little as a few hours. Several of the smartest people to ever step foot on DDO have become infuriated at each other all over actions that happened in Mafia games, which is something that only Mafia has the power to do..... Past legends and lore of DDO are tales of intellectuals coming together and uniting, but Mafia is the story of how frail those alliances among the smart ones can be, and how easily and randomly those friendships can be shattered all over a mere game.

No matter how you look at the legend of the Mafia, no one can deny that compared to all the other legendary tales of DDO, the Mafia is one of the most captivating and unique legend of them all.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:42:28 PM
Book 5: The Legend of the DDO Elite

Ever since the dawn of man, people have been obsessed with the idea and the existence of 'secret societies', such as the Free Masons, the Illuminati, Scientology, the Dallas Cowboys, etc..... DDO is no different when it comes to the existence of secret societies, and while there have been a handful of them have been made over time, one of these secret societies continues to hold the fascination of DDO..... The DDO Elite.

There have been a handful of secret groups in the history of DDO, such as voting blocs and Presidential inner circles, but the DDO Elite is hands down the most mystical and famous of all of these secret societies...... It has never truly been known when this alleged organization first formed, who formed it, who is currently in it, and what their goals are... In fact the very existence of this secret society is still a hot debate around DDO, which just adds to the mysteriousness of the group......... The one thing that IS known about the DDO Elite is that they are notorious for censoring and lynching those who speak ill of them.

Not all attacks or denunciations of the DDO Elite get silenced with their speakers being dragged away, but it does happen, even in places where you would east expect them to be able to reach...... It is unpredictable when these attacks will occur and who they will be against, but the only known fact is that no one is safe from their reach.

The first of these censorships/attacks by the DDO Elite happened on November 4th of 2012, when one member made accusations against others for being members of the DDO Elite. the people that this person named were (Censored by the DDO Elite), (Censored by the DDO Elite), (Censored by the DDO Elite), (Censored by the DDO Elite), and (Censored by the DDO Elite), but the most shocking accusation of a member being involved in the DDO Elite was made towards (Censored by the DDO Elite), which caught a lot of people's attention....

The person making these accusations then suddenly was dragged away from the thread, presumably by the DDO Elite. The member disappeared from the site for weeks until his body was found in a ditch with several of his limbs missing..... The only evidence suggesting the DDO Elite were behind the attack was a note that they left with the body, saying that 'Those who investigate us shall meet the same fate as the poor sap you see here'.

This horrendous act of murder and possibly even blackmail naturally scared the living hell out of everyone on DDO, and many were divided on whether the DDO Elite should be left alone or rooted out and forever disbanded..... No action from the DDO administration was taken towards the DDO Elite, however the administration did encourage freelance members of DDO to do investigating of their own to see what they could find if they chose to do so at their own risk...... Several members have since gone on their own and coordinated with other members to find information on the DDO Elite, who was involved, what their goal was, and how they have such tremendous reach on the site.

And thus, the 'Silent War' began.

The war didnt officially start until June of 2013, when out of nowhere the DDO Elite carried out site-wide attacks simultaneously against members who were trying to expose them, resulting in 26 people dying and $148 Million in damage done. This massive and coordinated attack seemed to be the DDO Elite sending a message to the rest of the site to not try to investigate the DDO Elite, and the threat seemed to work.... Since the attack, no member has publicly announced their intention to try to openly fight and/or investigate the DDO Elite without being killed or maimed in a number of days.

The war between the DDO Elite and those trying to discover who they are and what their goals are is called the 'Silent War' because fighting between the two has never happened publicly...... The whole conflict is a covert war fought off of the forums, opinions section, polls, or debates. The only time any conflict does break out into the forums is when the DDO Elite carries out a public attack or bombing against someone they have discovered to be investigating them, which happens roughly once every couple of months.

For the longest time, the massively coordinated DDO Elite was winning the war in supreme fashion, killing off member after member who tried to thwart or expose them, and several people have hypothesized that those who set out to investigate them and have since stopped may have joined the DDO Elite themselves. It appeared that whoever the DDO Elite did discover was against them they could either kill, or get them to join, which is why for the longest time, no progress was made against exposing the DDO Elite.

Then one day in December of 2013, one of the rogue investigators made a historical discovery in the activities of the DDO Elite. One of the investigators, who is only known as 'Edward_Snowmen' posted all of his findings in a thread that was almost immediately deleted, but the thread lasted long enough to be seen by enough members for the information that was exposed to not be covered up..... The informant, who has since fled the site for fear of his own life, revealed 2 huge details about the DDO Elite:

#1 was that those who are a part of the DDO Elite are indeed elite members of the site who are towards the top of the leaderboards in either forum posts, debates, or presidential administrations. Prior to this it was only a theory that the DDO Elite consisted of elite members of DDO, but this apparently turned out to be true.

#2 which was more surprising is that the DDO Elite allows members to join and leave on a regular basis if they have been members for years and have sworn to an oath of silence and ignorance....... Few key details were revealed by the informant, such as possibly motive and names of those actually involved in the secret organization, but what was revealed was that the DDO Elite are heavy practicers of animal sacrifice, ritualistic cannibalism, and voodoo.

In the informant's deleted thread, the informant allegedly said that the DDO Elite requires members to worship their religion, which is a hybrid of atheism, buddhism, and libertarianism..... The informant also claimed that animal sacrifice must be committed by a member who wishes to leave the organization for a period of time, and that the DDO Elite carries out practices of Voodoo to silence those who do try to expose the organization from the inside..... The informant also stated that the group partakes in animal sacrifice every time Eli Manning DOESNT throw an interception in a football game, but judging from Eli's season this doesnt happen very often.

No copy of the original thread was screen captured to ratify that the informant actually stated all of these things, but several members who did see the thread have all verified that all of these things were in the original thread before it was deleted.

Apart from the very first day of the Silent War and the huge leak of the activities of the DDO Elite in December of 2013, no other significant developments have occurred in the war that became a public ordeal. Dont be fooled though, even when the forums of DDO seems peaceful with the usual dose of flamewars, questions, and spam, the Silent War between the secret society known as the DDO Elite and those trying to expose them rages on.... There is no sign that the war is going to end any time soon, if at all, but all that is known is that those who do denounce of the DDO Elite tend to end up dead, missing, or in some terrifying cases, (Censored by the DDO Elite).