Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Serbia is NOT responsible for World War 1!

chewster911
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 7:04:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am sick and tired of people saying that Serbia is responsible for ww1!

After the annexation of Bosnia by Austria-Hungary Serbia was faced with many problems. There were a lot of Serbs in Bosnia and harsh rules were placed on them. After Balkan wars Serbia became important power in the region,which made Austro-Hungarians furious. Austria-Hungary was losing influence in the Balkans. After Balkan wars Serbian army was half wiped out. The organisations like "Black hand" and "Young Bosnia" placed a goal to free all south Slavs from Austro-Hungarian rule. Gavrilo Princip,member of "Young Bosnia" had a chance when Archduke Franz Ferdinand was visiting the capital of Bosnia Sarajevo. A-Hians were furious and wished to war right that moment. But Austro-Hungarian and German Emperors decided to send an ultimatum first. Ultimatum was so harsh and demanding that no country could accept all points. Ironically, Austro-Hungarians threatened Serbian Government there will be war if all points haven't been accepted.Serbian King was desperate and was mailing Russian Emperor for help. Austria-Hungary (with encouragement from Germany) declared war on Serbia 28th July 1914. Serbia did NOT want to war because the goods were wasted on previous wars and half of the military was wiped out. Austria Hungary was trying to find some way to declare war and they got it. Remember,the assassination was just a trigger,not the reason for world war 1! People have to have in mind that there were 2 different alliances on the edge with each other because of previous events (The Triple Entente and The Central Powers)!

If after reading this text you still think that Serbia is mostly responsible for ww1,then you are narcissist mentally retarded person. Thank you for reading.
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 1:47:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 7:04:13 PM, chewster911 wrote:
I am sick and tired of people saying that Serbia is responsible for ww1!

After the annexation of Bosnia by Austria-Hungary Serbia was faced with many problems. There were a lot of Serbs in Bosnia and harsh rules were placed on them. After Balkan wars Serbia became important power in the region,which made Austro-Hungarians furious. Austria-Hungary was losing influence in the Balkans. After Balkan wars Serbian army was half wiped out. The organisations like "Black hand" and "Young Bosnia" placed a goal to free all south Slavs from Austro-Hungarian rule. Gavrilo Princip,member of "Young Bosnia" had a chance when Archduke Franz Ferdinand was visiting the capital of Bosnia Sarajevo. A-Hians were furious and wished to war right that moment. But Austro-Hungarian and German Emperors decided to send an ultimatum first. Ultimatum was so harsh and demanding that no country could accept all points. Ironically, Austro-Hungarians threatened Serbian Government there will be war if all points haven't been accepted.Serbian King was desperate and was mailing Russian Emperor for help. Austria-Hungary (with encouragement from Germany) declared war on Serbia 28th July 1914. Serbia did NOT want to war because the goods were wasted on previous wars and half of the military was wiped out. Austria Hungary was trying to find some way to declare war and they got it. Remember,the assassination was just a trigger,not the reason for world war 1! People have to have in mind that there were 2 different alliances on the edge with each other because of previous events (The Triple Entente and The Central Powers)!

If after reading this text you still think that Serbia is mostly responsible for ww1,then you are narcissist mentally retarded person. Thank you for reading.

Serbia WAS responsible for WWI more or less. But I would argue that Austria-Hungary holds the most responsibility in starting WWI.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 6:37:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Serbia was not responsible. If anything, the butthurtedness of Austria-Hungary was responsible.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
labattman
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 8:04:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Serbia is not responsible WW1, I agree. In fact Serbia, Germany, France, Great Britain and Russia are responsible for WW1. How can one country and only one country be responsible for such an immense continent and eventually world involving disaster? The fuse for the war was lit long before the assaassination of Franz Ferdinand. Otto von Bismark who is thought of by many as perhaps the greatest statesmen in history certainly in Germany's short history stated long before the war started that "If the peace is ended and war does come to Europe it will probably be because of somebody does some damn fool thing in Serbia." That is a direct quote from someone who is far closer to it than I. There were several opportunitys' to avoid conflict but every combatant in this world changing event were related to each other by blood. They also had loyalties different from one another. Britain feared for its financial well being. They were considered the financial center of the world then and war would greatly disrupt the trade and monetary power that cam with it. France since the Franco Prussian war had always known they would once again face off against Germany again. When asked what they would do the French replied "We will wait and see if Great Britain has any honor left." They were going but wanted to make sure Britain went with them. Serbia cried out for help from Russia and Russia being thought by many including Serbia as the Slavick mother country said yes. Germany had a deep seated paranoia thyat they were surrounded by countries who felt animosity toward them specifically Russia who they thought was a tremendous threat growing too powerful too fast because of the use of massive loans from France to build its infrastructure and war making capabilities. War starts for many reasons and blaming it on one person or country or event is ludicrus. If there had been no assassination maybe the war would have never started but Europe was on the down hill glide to war and most likely would have come no matter who pulled the trigger. The fact is Gavrilo Princip was a Bosnian Serb and did pull the trigger and must be held to the responsibilitiy for unleashing a global event that lead to both WW1 and WW2. Lastly to say if someone disagrees with you they must be retarded
is exactly the same type of mind set that begins such appaling and destructive world changing events. I do believe the Nazi's had the same mind set and they weren't what you would call the most virtous people on the planet.
goodtissue4
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 7:13:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Serbia is responsible for World War One. The Serbian terrorist group known as the Black Hand was tired of Austrian-Hungarian officials entering the country, and they decided to assassinate the Archduke Franz Ferdinand. When this organization did this, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. Germany sided with Austria-Hungary, which led Serbia to bring Russia into the war. Germany declared war on Russia, and then France declared war on Germany for attacking Russia. Germany then invaded neutral Belgium (to get to France), which then Belgium was allies with Great Britain, pulling them into the war. This chain of events stems to Serbia.
goodtissue4
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 8:35:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/10/2014 7:40:28 PM, Mirza wrote:
This could make a good debate Ma'ams. I'll be willing to take challenges sometime in the future. PM me if you're interested.

What is your stance?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 10:25:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/10/2014 8:35:57 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 2/10/2014 7:40:28 PM, Mirza wrote:
This could make a good debate Ma'ams. I'll be willing to take challenges sometime in the future. PM me if you're interested.

What is your stance?
Con.
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 10:30:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 7:04:13 PM, chewster911 wrote:
I am sick and tired of people saying that Serbia is responsible for ww1!

After the annexation of Bosnia by Austria-Hungary Serbia was faced with many problems. There were a lot of Serbs in Bosnia and harsh rules were placed on them. After Balkan wars Serbia became important power in the region,which made Austro-Hungarians furious. Austria-Hungary was losing influence in the Balkans. After Balkan wars Serbian army was half wiped out. The organisations like "Black hand" and "Young Bosnia" placed a goal to free all south Slavs from Austro-Hungarian rule. Gavrilo Princip,member of "Young Bosnia" had a chance when Archduke Franz Ferdinand was visiting the capital of Bosnia Sarajevo. A-Hians were furious and wished to war right that moment. But Austro-Hungarian and German Emperors decided to send an ultimatum first. Ultimatum was so harsh and demanding that no country could accept all points. Ironically, Austro-Hungarians threatened Serbian Government there will be war if all points haven't been accepted.Serbian King was desperate and was mailing Russian Emperor for help. Austria-Hungary (with encouragement from Germany) declared war on Serbia 28th July 1914. Serbia did NOT want to war because the goods were wasted on previous wars and half of the military was wiped out. Austria Hungary was trying to find some way to declare war and they got it. Remember,the assassination was just a trigger,not the reason for world war 1! People have to have in mind that there were 2 different alliances on the edge with each other because of previous events (The Triple Entente and The Central Powers)!

If after reading this text you still think that Serbia is mostly responsible for ww1,then you are narcissist mentally retarded person. Thank you for reading.

I personally believe that it was Austria-Hungary who was the most responsible for WWI.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:27:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/11/2014 10:31:16 PM, Mirza wrote:
That would be Con on Serbia being responsible. To clear that up.

I can't debate with you, then. I agree with you.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
chewster911
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:52:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/7/2014 7:13:57 AM, goodtissue4 wrote:
Serbia is responsible for World War One. The Serbian terrorist group known as the Black Hand was tired of Austrian-Hungarian officials entering the country, and they decided to assassinate the Archduke Franz Ferdinand. When this organization did this, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. Germany sided with Austria-Hungary, which led Serbia to bring Russia into the war. Germany declared war on Russia, and then France declared war on Germany for attacking Russia. Germany then invaded neutral Belgium (to get to France), which then Belgium was allies with Great Britain, pulling them into the war. This chain of events stems to Serbia.

I am sorry for you,but you are wrong on almost everything! Gavrilo was actually a member of Mlada Bosna (Young Bosnia) and they assassinated Franz because the millions of south Slavs were under Austrian rule. Serbia was not the only reason Russia came into the war. Austria-Hungary made an ultimatum so harsh that no country could accept it. Of course the answer "NO" is what Austro-Hungarians wanted to hear because they were losing influence in the Balkans! Fallacies,fallacies,fallacies! Nothing is true from your post! Russia,France and Britain already had their own problems with Germany and Austria,so the war would start anyway sooner or after! Britain did enter the war partly because of Belgium,but there were other reasons too. Stop posting fallacies and go learn history please.