Jump to topic:

Secret DDO drama Revealed: I am not joshander

Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 10:16:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When I first started using this site a rumor was going on among the DDO elite that I was Joshander31 returned to continue harassing the website. I though this correlation was beneficial to me because of the notoriety of the past member. I didn't know just how detrimental he was to the website as a whole, but now I want to clear up any rumors that may be left.

Joshander31 was the leader of a public group called the CWO.

The CWO was an acronym for conservative world order, and their mission was to teach sound arguments to other conservatives. They thought it was ridiculous that liberal viewpoints were winning debates with no justifiable evidence. Liberals were using insults and denial of evidence to win. However the CWO wasn't just teaching new information to new users, They were a vote bombing lynch mob. Many people who were part of the CWO were winning debates even after they forfeited all of the rounds, because the CWO was voting for them based simply on the Topic.

The Cleansers were created to delete the accounts of this unethical lynch mob and also to reject debates from users with multiple accounts who were essentially debating themselves and using the CWO to increase the ELO of their primary accounts.

Here are some reasons that some of the older members thought I was Joshander31 and some action they took to resolve their dilemma.

The older members know the history of JA31 because they lived through it. They are paranoid that anyone with a "josh" screen name is the troll returned. JoshA is considered individually responsible for the implementation of Reason For Vote, and for the IP pinging program that limits users from having multiple accounts.

During the first month I was on DDO, My IP address was pinged on three different occasions. I originally thought it may be a security feature because I accidentally left DDO logged in. It wasn't. Because I am a new member, all they were able to conclude was that I continuously use the same IP address, and that if I am JA31, it is possible that I moved.

In my first debate against Ore_ele, I mistakenly called debate.org by its previous name debate.com (it's previous name). I also threatened to buy Debate.com because it was available. This was a sure indication that I was indeed a troll, even though I thought my reason for wanting a site improvement was legit. I should have know right way that something was up. Ore-ele doesn't generally respond to new users. Juggle, phil, and the other site moderators took my threat seriously, bought all of the other debate.***'s and changed the site to include advertisements in order to pay for the new .***'s

JoshAnder could be easily manipulated to Josh_B indicating that I am a new version of JoshA. But the truth is that B is the first letter of my last name, that I took on as part of my common name because there were 4 josh's in my elementary class of 28. It also represents my B-type personality.

Here's some reasons that I am not Joshander31

JoshAnder31 is a 31 year old conservative male, I am a 31 year old conservative male. Only he was 31 five years ago. and I'm 31 now.

I did not start CWO_B. Even if I did, it would have to be in the confines of the DDO ToS and vehemently speak against vote bombing. If I did invent it, the topics would include abortion, conspiracy theories of the illuminati, 9-11, jfk, et al, gun control, the death penalty, religious justification, video game violence, and some others.

JoshA was horrible at forming complete thoughts and sentences. Over half of his remaining posts are insults toward other members. I on the other hand like to use a prolific amount of however's and although's to make myself sound smarter than I really am. I also understand the nature of logical fallacies. There is no way that the original Josh A could ever understand Fallacies the way I do.

I am also not Imabench
JoshA makes Imabench look like a kindergartner Troll. Hence the reason that Imabench specifically left out the JoshA legacy from his DDO history.

I am not Stalin
Stalin focuses his attention primarily on the Polls section. Apparently it boosts his ELO. That's great if you care about that sort of thing, I'm sure JoshA would have.
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
Josh_b
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 11:20:32 AM
At 2/19/2014 8:27:07 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 2/14/2014 11:14:09 AM, Josh_b wrote:
Let me know when you see this.

I did. And I think yer off yer rocker.

thanks. do you know the history of joshander?
Scrutiny Welcome

AMAA http://www.debate.org...
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 1:57:29 PM
At 2/19/2014 11:20:32 AM, Josh_b wrote:
At 2/19/2014 8:27:07 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 2/14/2014 11:14:09 AM, Josh_b wrote:
Let me know when you see this.

I did. And I think yer off yer rocker.

thanks. do you know the history of joshander?

No. I don't really care.